Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Parking 101 Parking 101

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2004, 09:06 AM   #1
HIGH ROLLER

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Heat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Parking 101

Do people where you work need a course on how to park? Everyday I pull into my parking lot and there's someone's car parked all sideways or across the parking lines. Sometimes I'll see them whip their car into the space. They just hop right out of their car, knowing its all crooked, and go on their merry way. That irritates me so bad. And then if I end up having to park next to them, half the time I'm crawling out of my window just to get out of the car.

And another thing (this is about to be very stereotypical), what's up with women in SUVs? They think they're invincible and that they own the road. Its bad enough that they cant drive to start with, but then to give them an armored tank and turn them loose on the highway?!?!?
Heat Miser J is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2004, 09:13 AM   #2
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,594.84
I agree with parking situations...even though I have no problems at work, I know what you're talking about. I hate store parking lots, they are just as bad. Someone trying to take up two spots or just pulls in all somehow...and then we have to pull in all funky to try to fit...it's ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!
And even though I'm a woman.....I agree b/c there are soooo many women in SUV's that have passed me crazy, or have weaved in and out of traffic while talkin on the cell phone, changing the radio, taking a drink of coffee and on and on and on. What's up with that??? They (SUV's) still have a high overturn rate.....but who pays attention to that.....but I might add...the men are just as bad and I can't stand SUV's anyways.
Where are you going??? Do you go camping or live out in the country to where you would need an SUV???? Probably not!!!! So why?? Just to show off or make yourself higher up than everyone else????? Do you know how many times I've almost been hit b/c the SUVs are so much bigger and no one could see my car???? It's nuts, it's insane!!!!! Okay I'm done.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
I work in a building that has a lot of suits working in it and they are the worst parkers. Tires on the line or over the line, both cars on either side! Rolls Royce/Bentley has offices in my building. Every now and then there is one in the lot. THEY PARK THAT CAR GOOD!

Depending on my mood I back in right next to their drivers door and leave about 6 inches.

Most of the time it doesnt bother me cause I park in the last row. It is the only walking I do all day.

Dont get me started on SUVs! I paid $35 to fill my gas tank this week!!! And it is a 15 gallon tank in a midsized car.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 12:51 AM   #4
Champion Dancer

*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
no chit! :Yell
what about motorcycles? ugh! one tiny lil motorcycle will take up a WHOLE parking spot, especially when parking is limited.
this weekend we saw this lady and her daughter in Handicapped parking, they looked fine to me! They were taking advantage of the tag dangling off their mirror. That really bites.
*-merk-* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 01:13 AM   #5
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
OMg... i've noticed people where i work at... anyone.. or not a whole lot of peeps KNOW HOW TO PARALLEL PARK!!!! OMG... this one time... there was a vehicle like practically parked PERPINDICULAR rather than parallel to the curb!!!

geeeezzz
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 01:33 AM   #6
PowWows.com Addicts

drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,309.16
It's a guaranteed ticket...

One coworker who park crooked between white & blue lines got a ticket....
(A small part of the SUV had crossed over the Accessible blue lines...it's off limits too!!!!)

It's not just the folks in SUV's either...its sport car drivers who don't know how to drive, park, or backup!!!

Oh, and the SUV parked way out there by itself...taking up 2 spaces because it's parked diagonally intentionally...is different kinda driver.

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 08:58 AM   #7
HIGH ROLLER

Heat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond reputeHeat Miser J has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *-merk-*
this weekend we saw this lady and her daughter in Handicapped parking, they looked fine to me! They were taking advantage of the tag dangling off their mirror. That really bites.
Oh man, I was at the grocery store the other week and a lady came out of the store and went to her car which was in a handicapped space. She obviously was not handicapped and did not have any handicapped people with her. Well this old white man, probably about the age of Methusala, saw her and walked over to her parking space and stood by the handicapped sign. He starts yelling at the woman (mind you, this is large grocery store and the parking lot is crawling with people). He said "Hey b!tch, hey b!tch! Dont you see this sign? Do you know what it says b!tch? It says handicapped parking." He kept yelling at the lady and calling her names the entire time she was getting into her car and pulling out of the space. Everyone within earshot was staring. It was so funny. I think we could use one of those guys in my parking lot. "Hey b!tch, Hey mofo! Cant you see you parked crooked and your car is over the lines? You need to straighten that $hit up!"
Old 05-26-2004, 09:05 AM   #8
HIGH ROLLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingfromysaucer2
It's not just the folks in SUV's either...its sport car drivers who don't know how to drive, park, or backup!!!
You ever notice that the guys who drive sports cars are always like 4'3"? Everyone says those guys are using their hot shot cars to compensate for some other "shortcomings".

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingfromysaucer2
Oh, and the SUV parked way out there by itself...taking up 2 spaces because it's parked diagonally intentionally...is different kinda driver.
That's the car you casually walk by and accidentally run your house key down the entire driver side.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:00 AM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

Jinglin Chica has a reputation beyond repute
Jinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond reputeJinglin Chica has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 250.00
there r no lines and no one parks in the handicapped parking so no probz here! :p

although, I get :1: and :Mad: when some idiot parks in MY PARKING SPOT!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #10
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
I punk kid and her bfriend parked in a handicapped spot at CVS. She got out and ran in the store. Now there was a non-handi spot right next to it.

As I walked by I mumbled something out loud about being so fat she needs a handicapped spot and the punk azz bfriend started yelling at me. I laughed and walked into the store.

If they both went into the store I would have spit n the windshield. I have some nice loogies because of bad sinuses!
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 11:42 AM   #11
Banned

SnAgGiN*HoNeY is infamous around these parts
well i guess im one of these ppl cuz im alwayz takin up too spacez or parkin crooked er funny but thas aight
SnAgGiN*HoNeY is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
HIGH ROLLER

BOOOO! Bad rep for you! J/K
Old 05-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,309.16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Miser J
You ever notice that the guys who drive sports cars are always like 4'3"? Everyone says those guys are using their hot shot cars to compensate for some other "shortcomings".

That's the car you casually walk by and accidentally run your house key down the entire driver side.
Accident...awh, what car? when? where?

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 02:16 PM   #14
I believe.... do you?

Dazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond repute
Dazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond repute
Parking!! BLAH!! Some people kids!!

What really irks me.... is why MEN (yes men I know personally) will try to park in between two cars in a lil parking space.... when there's a ROW of OPEN parking just up the ways a bit! IS there something that makes them wanna park there? Is it a challenge??? LOL

I've gotta have room to take the stroller out..get the baby strapped in.

Plus... I drive a big truck. I usually find parking that is away from all other cars. Its easier for me to park and then get out!
Dazzle_me_now is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 02:23 PM   #15
Shuut uup..are ya serious

Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Ah com on how many of you people in here parks all craza like everyone is saying. I admit I do it sometimes. I will go over the line everynow and then. But not to where nobody else can fit in. I hate it when you come out of the store. And someone is parked on your *** and you cant even get inside your car and gotta wait until they come out.
Azhe'ni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #16
I believe.... do you?

Dazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond repute
Dazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond reputeDazzle_me_now has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawatomi_Azhe'ni
Ah com on how many of you people in here parks all craza like everyone is saying. I admit I do it sometimes. I will go over the line everynow and then. But not to where nobody else can fit in. I hate it when you come out of the store. And someone is parked on your *** and you cant even get inside your car and gotta wait until they come out.
yeah that sux too! :Mad
Dazzle_me_now is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-26-2004, 05:33 PM   #17
Junior Dancer

navajowmn is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle_me_now
What really irks me.... is why MEN (yes men I know personally) will try to park in between two cars in a lil parking space.... when there's a ROW of OPEN parking just up the ways a bit! IS there something that makes them wanna park there? Is it a challenge???
*LOL* :rofl2: