Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree12437Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #47761
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 94,005.57
Savings: 0.00
The diesel fuel, dynamite and shotgun line was really part of the story a colleague's husband told me about why he was missing a finger tip. He was also the one who got together with a friend and tried to go hang gliding by towing a hang glider behind a pickup truck. He claimed all parties involved in both stories were stone cold sober.

Last edited by OLChemist; 07-21-2020 at 12:41 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #47762
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 24,391.88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
WD sorting thru gun powder , blasting caps , fuse cord , dynamite........Hey BA , are theses road flares ???
Black powder; that is gun powder and an explosive at the same time. You can use it as road flares but you should mix it up with the right chemicals for the colors.

All chemicals - except aluminium powder - are individually ground well in separate mortars and then, according to the firework mixtures given below, placed in the wide-necked bottles, where they are carefully mixed by shaking.

For the red fireworks: 30g strontium nitrate, 9g sulphur, 6g antimony, 3g sugar and 15g potassium chlorate.

For the green fireworks: 16g ammonium nitrate, 4g ammonium chloride, 2g barium nitrate and 16g zinc powder.

For the Yellow Fireworks: 22g potassium nitrate, 5.2g charcoal (good mortar), 20g sodium acetate and 5.6g sulphur. For the white fireworks: 15g potassium chlorate, 7.5g sulphur and 3g aluminium powder.
subeeds likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2020, 03:21 PM   #47763
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
The diesel fuel, dynamite and shotgun line was really part of the story a colleague's husband told me about why he was missing a finger tip. He was also the one who got together with a friend and tried to go hang gliding by towing a hang glider behind a pickup truck. He claimed all parties involved in both stories were stone cold sober.

I believed you in the first place. I know similar stories.

You must respect that such things are dangerous and act with caution. If you are scared or reckless don't handle such things. You need to konw what you do and avoid acting on careless routine.

Time to time I talk with my comrade at the bow shooting ground. He has a training for the Explosive ordnance disposal service. The militray fuses on bombs of WWII are by far more dangerous than what I ever do in muzzlloader shooting and cartridge reloading and that requires careful operation.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 07-21-2020, 09:40 PM   #47764
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 94,177.67
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
sure they were.........I believe you.........sure , I believe them !
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #47765
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
When I was young , well , you could still buy dynamite at the hardware store ! LOL My step-dad used it to blow stumps out of the ground and occasionally .........fishing Then I remember that Oklahoma City bombing and the news told everyone about the tremendous power of fertilizer(ammonium nitrate) and diesel fuel ! LOL Every farm kid around was trying to experiment ! I grew up with all that stuff but never ever thought about blowing anything up ! Now days they even have exploding targets and guy are putting several cases together to see how big a boom they can get ! Tannerite , hahahahaha people are nutz !
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-22-2020, 12:57 AM   #47766
Signal Corps

That's why you hardly can get a lot of chemicals and materials nowadays without arousing suspicion and get investigated.

I remember a time long ago E605 and powdered sugar.
OLChemist likes this.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:29 AM   #47767
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
My Siamese is whirling around in circles under my desk, chasing her tail. It is making typing difficult. Crazy creature.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:02 AM   #47768
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Two nights ago, the little monsters got into the catnip. Ishtato knocked the plastic jar from the high shelf in the dining room. The impact popped off the lid. Fresh catnip went all over the dining floor.

I heard the noise in the dining room. I just thought Olivia, the three legged kitty, was playing her favorite game of tormenting Ishtato by jumping against the underside of the dining room table beneath the spot where Ishtato was sleeping, to see how high Ishtato can jump. So, I didn't get out of bed to see what they were up to.

When I got up in the morning, I found they had thrown a feline pot party. Covered in catnip, Olivia was passed out in the middle of the dining room floor. Ishtato was asleep with her head inside my left slipper.

Every cat toy they could reach was on the floor. (They are spoiled brats with lots of toys.) Someone had tried to make tea by steeping the refillable catnip toy in the water bowl. All the papers and pens in my improvised home office were on the floor. They had emptied the Kleenex box in on my desk. And, they had rolled in the catnip, spreading it everywhere.

Four ounces of catnip can cover a lot of house. It was on the floor of three rooms. Catnip was on the upholstery of all the living room furniture. It was on the high window stills in living room clearstory windows. It was on the toilet seat!

I had to vacuum for 45 mins to get it all cleaned up. Then I had to change the bag to stop the cats from attacking Satan the Vacuum Cleaner. The neighborhood strays have been yowling at the outside trash bin all day.

Last edited by OLChemist; 07-22-2020 at 02:06 AM..
Old 07-22-2020, 03:37 AM   #47769
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 53,559.92
Quote:
Two nights ago, the little monsters got into the catnip. Ishtato knocked the plastic jar from the high shelf in the dining room. The impact popped off the lid. Fresh catnip went all over the dining floor.

I heard the noise in the dining room. I just thought Olivia, the three legged kitty, was playing her favorite game of tormenting Ishtato by jumping against the underside of the dining room table beneath the spot where Ishtato was sleeping, to see how high Ishtato can jump. So, I didn't get out of bed to see what they were up to.

When I got up in the morning, I found they had thrown a feline pot party. Covered in catnip, Olivia was passed out in the middle of the dining room floor. Ishtato was asleep with her head inside my left slipper.

Every cat toy they could reach was on the floor. (They are spoiled brats with lots of toys.) Someone had tried to make tea by steeping the refillable catnip toy in the water bowl. All the papers and pens in my improvised home office were on the floor. They had emptied the Kleenex box in on my desk. And, they had rolled in the catnip, spreading it everywhere.

Four ounces of catnip can cover a lot of house. It was on the floor of three rooms. Catnip was on the upholstery of all the living room furniture. It was on the high window stills in living room clear story windows. It was on the toilet seat!

I had to vacuum for 45 mins to get it all cleaned up. Then I had to change the bag to stop the cats from attacking Satan the Vacuum Cleaner. The neighborhood strays have been yowling at the outside trash bin all day.
And you slept through all that???? I thought I was a sound sleeper, but that beats me. Years ago,I woke up one morning and my pillow was all wet. I asked the hubs if I had been crying in my sleep. He started laughing. My side of the bed was under the window, and during the night it had stormed. It woke him up and he closed the window. I slept through it all. LOL!

WD, I appreciate you not remaking Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Ches, my mom had a habit of putting things up so she would know where they were, and then not able to find them again. She put my dad's pocket watch up after he died, and that thing never did turn up.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #47770
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
After the ceiling in a rental property, in which I was living, fell into my bedroom, I awaken too easily. To drown out any suspicious creaks, I sleep with a white noise generator running and an audiobook playing. You could land a 747 in the dining room and I'd sleep through it.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #47771
Signal Corps

Quote:
After the ceiling in a rental property, in which I was living, fell into my bedroom, I awaken too easily.
No wonder.

Quote:
To drown out any suspicious creaks, I sleep with a white noise generator running and an audiobook playing. You could land a 747 in the dining room and I'd sleep through it.
With that background nosie can fell asleep? That might be enough noise to let me stay awake. I know if I am sleeping, you can carry me away with the bed.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Old 07-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #47772
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
As my beautiful wife works out to Zumba for an hour and a half , I worked out with the chainsaw for 2 tanks of fuel , cut up some brush , stacked some brush , started cutting up the trunk of the log , which is about a foot bigger in diameter than the bar on my saw !Now completely worn out I staggered back in to take a nice cold shower to cool off and make the dizzyness go away ! LOL Enough for today , I'll just try again tomorrow !RA doc is changing my meds so hopefully the hurt will lessen !
I need that laser beam to cut this tree up with !
subeeds likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-22-2020, 03:49 PM   #47773
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
I need that laser beam to cut this tree up with !
Sorry, no laser sword in the making.

There is a 5W blue laser, transportable and batterei powered. If that is enough to chop a tree I doubt.
subeeds likes this.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #47774
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,842.13
War Dancer, you are tough. I fought the push mower 15 minutes at a time ion the yard today. I have not had to get the riding mower out yet. Very hot. I will go at it again tomorrow 15 minutes at a time.
subeeds likes this.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2020, 01:07 PM   #47775
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
I used to be tough ! LMAO Now I'm a wuss ! Today I did 2 more tanks of fuel thru the saw ! Stacked some brush , cut some brush , carried some of the big chunks to the pile , started a new pile closer ! LOL Completely wore out , stood under cold water for about 20 minutes ! Looked at the tree and I figure I'm about 1/3rd done ! I think it will go faster tomorrow. Just put a new chain on the saw for tomorrow's use !
subeeds likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #47776
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Get a chain sharpener
Old 07-23-2020, 01:54 PM   #47777
Old Dancer

https://www.drpower.com/Power-Equipm...00000000414831
Old 07-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #47778
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
I got a file ! LOL
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #47779
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Plus e-bay has em way cheaper !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 07-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #47780
Signal Corps

Stick wirth the file; that is the traditional way for sharpening saws.

If I search through dad's tools pool, I may find a set of files for a number of different saws. I have kept all dad's wood tools.
wardancer likes this.
Sponsored Links