Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree12437Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2020, 06:46 PM   #48161
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,222.45
Savings: 1.00
O K Thanksgiving is over and it's time to come out of your food coma ! LOL
Went out today and set my blinds. I'm ready to hunt ! Now instead of turkey I'm looking for venison !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #48162
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 93,021.34
Savings: 0.00
Well, nothing goes by without a quote from my favorite book.

"Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! / Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! / to the east below / to the south below / the winter people come. / Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! / Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! / from the west above / from the north above / the winter people come. / eh- ah-na-ah! / eh- ah-na-ah! / antlers of wind / hooves of snow / eyes glitter ice / eyes glitter ice / eh- ah-na-ah! / eh- ah-na-ah! / antlers of wind / antlers of wind / eh- ah-na-ah! eh- ah-na-ah!

The voice faded in and out, sometimes muffled or lost in the wind. He recognized phrases of the song; he had heard the hunters sing it, late in October, while they waited for the deer to be driven down from the high slopes by the cold winds and the snow. He waited until the hunter saw him before he spoke. He was carrying a small fork horned buck across his shoulders, steadying the load by gripping the antlers in one hand and the hind legs in the other. He smiled when he saw Tayo.

He wore his hair long, tied back with white cotton string in the old style the men used to wear. He had long strings of sky blue turquoise in his ears...

"You been hunting?" he asked, sliding the carcass down from his shoulders into the snow. Tayo noticed that he had already tied delicate blue feathers to the tips of the antlers."

Leslie Silko, Ceremony, Penguin Books, 1977, pp 206-207.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 11-29-2020 at 11:20 AM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #48163
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
I need a song for tying a deer to a 4 wheeler and dragging it out of a bean field ! LOL Hopefully the weather will cooperate !Season opens wednesday and they're talking rain on thursday......if it does it will be a long muddy walk to get in and out ! Or I'll take a day off and help out at the cookie factory ! LOL
Hope everyone had plenty to eat on Thanksgiving and remembered to say thank-you !
Everyone stay safe and healthy !
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 11-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #48164
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 24,147.41
A draw song, well regulary not for deer but may fit. It is long enough for a long way to draw a deer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_So..._Volga_Boatmen

ej uhnem
wardancer and OLChemist like this.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #48165
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, thanks for the sixth grade flute lesson flash backs. Song of the Volga Boatmen is a staple of music lesson books.
wardancer and subeeds like this.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:54 AM   #48166
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,087.60
just watched the tyson jones jr hugfest on youtube

nice end to a long weekend. i didn't pig out this year lol. i was given a turkey and all the fixings that i gave to my neighbor for the bbq she hooked me up wit over the summer. i kept the pumpkin pie tho lol
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2020, 11:58 PM   #48167
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 53,552.92
I am freezing. We had a 35 degree temp change in 24 hours, after having nearly record heat over the weekend. About 7 Monday morning, it was 68, and that was the high for the day. Down in the 30s last night and didn't even hit 50 today. It's supposed to freeze tonight and maybe hit 52 tomorrow. And we have wind chill. I hate wind chill since I'm such a cold weather wimp. I can't wait for Friday because it's supposed to be around 70.

Since it was just the two of us, we just baked a chicken for Thanksgiving. Some leftovers went in the freezer, some got BBQd with tater salad, and I made a pot pie with some. I was pleasantly surprised at how the pot pie came out. I usually manage to dilute the cream soup a little too much, but not this time. Yay me! LOL!

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2020, 12:56 PM   #48168
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Hey, WD how's the deer hunting going?
wardancer likes this.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #48169
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Seems to be still out to hunt.
wardancer and OLChemist like this.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #48170
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
3 down , 3 to go ! LOL I forgot how hard this is to do by myself ! LOL I kille 'em , field dress , bring home and hang , quarter it up , pull the backstraps , inside tenderloins , pull the 2 biggest muscles out of each front shouldler, then give that to eyes ! Then while she cleans and slices steaks and meat to grind , I work on trimming the meat off the ribs and then the hips. So far we have 16 roasts 32 lbs burger 16 packages of steaks and a couple stew meats ! We are blessed. Gave 1 whole deer to the neighbor to our north and helped them with part of it.Busy busy.......now if my back will hold up ! LOL Eyes never ceases to amaze me !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 12-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #48171
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,842.13
Good hunting!
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #48172
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,842.13
Had fun today. Girlfriend and I took big bottles of hand sanitizer like before to 8 neighbor houses around us as gifts. We have two more houses when we get two more bottles. Except for couple next door, we have very little contact now because of the covid 19 Chinese virus.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #48173
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Berry sauce for venison:

1c blackberries.;
1/2 c blueberries;
1/2 c red wine;
1 shallot, finely diced;
1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped;
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar;
2 Tbsp honey;
2 Tbsp butter, divided.

In a saucepan, over medium low heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add shallot and cook until transparent. Add berries and, continuously stirring, cook for 3-4mins until berries start to soften. Add vinegar, honey, wine and rosemary. Cook, with stirring, until liquid reduced slightly, about 5 mins. Lower heat if needed.

Sieve sauce with fine mesh strainer. Return to heat and add 1 Tbsp butter.

Drizzle steaks or loin medallions with sauce.

If you use frozen berries, the initial cooking time may slightly reduced. This sauce scorches easily, so the heat needs to be watched.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #48174
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,087.60
Well this week flew by fast. One week closer to spring lol

Taquitos and iced tea sound real good right about now
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2020, 01:37 AM   #48175
Signal Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
Well this week flew by fast. One week closer to spring lol

Taquitos and iced tea sound real good right about now
Wouldn' be hot coffee, tea a chice in the cold days?
OLChemist likes this.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Old 12-07-2020, 09:43 PM   #48176
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
A little holiday music:

Old 12-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #48177
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Another:

Old 12-09-2020, 01:47 AM   #48178
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 53,552.92
Cold here again. I do have a few azaleas with flowers on them. Poor things-the weather has them so confused. I am tired and crabby tonight. I have to go get blood work done in the morning when I get off work, so I have entered the fasting phase of my evening. Nothing major happening with me. The docs seem to think my thyroid might be retiring a little more and I might need to up those meds. LOL!

I decided at the last minute to get a felt stocking kit and make my newest grandson a stocking for his first Christmas. Nothing like waiting till the last minute for a labor intensive project. LOL! Then, when I was ordering it, I realized that the kiddo didn't have a handcrafted stocking, so I got a kit to make one for him too. It's kind of slow going because I can't find the LED light I Used to use when I was beading. I may try looking for it again. I spent nearly a day rounding up needles that had eyes I could get embroidery thread thru, and get beads down it. Never did find my stuffing, so I had to get another bag. I have craft stuff in about a dozen plastic totes-and that's after I thinned out a lot of stuff. I'm not a hoarder-I just like to have stuff so I don't have to go buy it when I want to make something-like stuffing. LOL!

WD made me hungry with his venison listings. There was a guy coming off of the clay road the other day with a buck on the back of his truck. Running deer with dogs is common down here, and to me, that just ruins the meat with all the adrenaline.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2020, 12:09 PM   #48179
Signal Corps

Lock down is coming. School close on Monday until 10th of January. One week distance schooling.

The anounncement was amde on Friday afternoon after all schools had already closed. Says, we got the emails today in the early mornig, if you looked up the office mails at home on a Saturday.

But schools are not the spots where infections occur in numbers. About what I know, a few cases which nevertheless cause enough difficulties.

All please stay safe and healthy. I pray and light candles.
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:38 PM   #48180
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
well , my hunting season , which was ok for the first few days , came to an abrupt halt with sudden warming to the low 70s ! Too warm to have time to kill a deer , skin and process it before it would spoil ! So I packed in my gear and decided to wait for the extended season in January. The weather should be cold by then ! This is crazy !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Sponsored Links