Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree12432Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Redhorse cafe Redhorse cafe

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #48481
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 23,771.62
Savings: 0.00
Pollen are flying, at least that is what my nose tells me.

Now to drive Mom to Dad's grave for a visit I need a fast test with a negative result. Dad is burried on the forest graveyard of the other side of state border and now you need this test to drive back to Germany.

Annoying is the fact that I phoned the country state corona hotline, the city corona hotline and the border police for what are the rules and the only one who could reliable tell me what is valid is the border police.

Those extra corona hotlines don't know the regulations and what are cancelled and what are valid. And the whole issue of regulations is distributed in three different tests which a user of regular language can't comperhend without study of administration law and their very special language and use of that.

If it would not have such a bad impact on Moms nerves; i might be able still to laugh about that impractical ways.

The test were negative.

Stay save.

PS AOL does not like my email address.
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2021, 02:02 AM   #48482
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 52,935.74
We had a wild afternoon, complete with hail and a small tornado somewhere close by. That's unusual for this area. About the time hubby said "that sounds like hail" it was over, but the wind picked up and the rain was pouring sideways. We lost power for about 4 hours. I guess they got it back on temporarily because when I left for work, there were still power company trucks working on the lines. Several trees down along the edge of the road, but not at the house. I knew we were supposed to get some rain, just didn't expect the storm. At least it blew some of the pollen out for a day or so. LOL!

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2021, 02:13 AM   #48483
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
We have rain, some wind gusts. It is this weather where old bones grunt.

That the pollen are washed out seems not to help this year and the rain will go over and it will by dry again, letting pollen fly. Those who ware worst are still to come.
wardancer, OLChemist and subeeds like this.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #48484
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 91,751.66
We had a tense Friday night. That nasty storm was getting started up over eastern Oklahoma and northern Texas. We were right on the dryline at the western edge of that mess. They were predicting baseball sized or larger hail if the cap had eroded. Thankfully, it mostly held. A few places in Dallas, Ellis, and Johnson counties got 2"-2.5" dia hail. But over here, we had just enough rain to make marks in the pollen on the windshield.

It was really bad in parts of east Texas and north east Louisiana. The Aggies got pounded by baseball sized hail. My friend in Shreveport lost a couple trees.

I had a good afternoon it the studio yesterday. I am getting though some of the UFO's (unfinished objects) on my bench. I need to do some design work this afternoon.

Good heavens. I just looked out the front window. Jet, my outdoor cat, is waiting for breakfast. So are four of my various neighbor's cats. No wonder Jet's been going down to restaurant row again. Less crowding, LOL.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #48485
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,169.74
Savings: 1.00
Well , today is a beautiful day here ! A warmer and nicer change from what we've been having. Eyes has surgery in the morning for a torn meniscus , so we'll have a few days to get through before any semblance of normalcy !Got a really nice eagle from the repository. Beautiful immature bald !Other than that there's nothing exciting going on here !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #48486
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
I will keep Eyes in my prayers.
wardancer likes this.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:14 AM   #48487
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
I will keep Eyes in my prayers.
Me, too. Hope all goes well with her surgery.

This story popped up in my news feed. https://insideclimatenews.org/news/1...x_MTyb__Wh0SPA

I found it interesting. It would be nice if people could start focusing on the planet instead of red state blue state.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:18 AM   #48488
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Surgery went well ! She's home and feeling pretty good , except for a sore leg ! LOL Doc said everything went great and we'll know more in the next 2 weeks. It will be all healed up and we'll see how the pain is then . So far , so good !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #48489
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Good. I am grateful things went well.

I hope you are waiting on her hand and foot. A nice dinner brought to her on the sofa. Netflix and the remote in reach. (No compensation was received for the preceding statements.)
wardancer and subeeds like this.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:14 AM   #48490
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
I'm not sure about Olivia my three legged kitten. I'm not sure whether the cat is psychic or psycho.

Olivia was feral until 3-4 months of age. I've had her inside with me for 5 years. She has been skittish as heck. You touch her on her terms. When she wanted to rub on my leg, she'd crawl under the chair I was sitting in and silently sneak up on my ankle from behind. If I hadn't leapt through the ceiling when I felt the unexpected brush of whiskers on my achilles tendon, she's plant two quick rubs on my ankle and run. Her idea of getting close to you, used to be sticking her face in your shoe and taking a nap. And heaven forbid someone knocked on the door. Growling and hissing, she would sprint for her den in the back storage room, as though pursued by demons.

But, since I've been home she's gotten down right snuggly. Not a Zoom meeting can pass without her squeezing into the chair behind me and climbing on to my shoulder, to purr until she drools. And she no longer runs from knocks on the door. She has learned about the FedEx delivery guy, who brings boxes of food and treats from Chewy, and her particular favorite the smoked turkey delivery man, who brings bags of BBQ from Heims. If I had lever type door knobs, Olivia would let him right into the house. However, she still regards the Amazon and grocery delivery people with deep suspicion. But, she will hid under the drapes, with her eyes level with the windowsill, and watch them.

A little over a week ago, a young man came knocking at the door. He kept yelling that he needed some water for his car. When I got up to tell him to use the garden hose outside, Olivia got between me and the door. She was growling and spitting. I couldn't take a step without tripping over her. She'd nip my feet if I tried to get around her. She wouldn't let me through the TV room door into the front of the house. Then I heard him try the front door to see if it was locked. I hit the test button on the fire alarm and he ran off.

A couple days later there is a piece on the news about a man knocking on doors pretending to have car trouble. Once the door was opened, he'd force entry into homes and rob them. I have no idea if it was the same person, especially since the robberies where clear across town. But it was creepy.

I'd like to say the cat is smarter than I am, though I wouldn't have opened the door just yelled through it. But she pulled the same performance with a colleague trying to drop off my multimeter, oscilloscope, and a malfunctioning stepper motor controller. (Yes, my job description is "whatever the boss needs done.") While he's occasionally annoying, he isn't dangerous.
subeeds and Broken Arrow like this.

Last edited by OLChemist; 04-17-2021 at 03:17 AM..
Old 04-17-2021, 05:45 PM   #48491
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,842.13
Two weeks post second shot. I guess we can travel now. I will have to finish the bustle now and see what the schedule looks like.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2021, 06:57 PM   #48492
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
Two weeks post second shot. I guess we can travel now. I will have to finish the bustle now and see what the schedule looks like.
We want pictures ! You said "we" so I'm guessing you are still married !My wife got her second shot friday !
subeeds likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-17-2021, 07:12 PM   #48493
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
I'm not sure about Olivia my three legged kitten. I'm not sure whether the cat is psychic or psycho.

Olivia was feral until 3-4 months of age. I've had her inside with me for 5 years. She has been skittish as heck. You touch her on her terms. When she wanted to rub on my leg, she'd crawl under the chair I was sitting in and silently sneak up on my ankle from behind. If I hadn't leapt through the ceiling when I felt the unexpected brush of whiskers on my achilles tendon, she's plant two quick rubs on my ankle and run. Her idea of getting close to you, used to be sticking her face in your shoe and taking a nap. And heaven forbid someone knocked on the door. Growling and hissing, she would sprint for her den in the back storage room, as though pursued by demons.

But, since I've been home she's gotten down right snuggly. Not a Zoom meeting can pass without her squeezing into the chair behind me and climbing on to my shoulder, to purr until she drools. And she no longer runs from knocks on the door. She has learned about the FedEx delivery guy, who brings boxes of food and treats from Chewy, and her particular favorite the smoked turkey delivery man, who brings bags of BBQ from Heims. If I had lever type door knobs, Olivia would let him right into the house. However, she still regards the Amazon and grocery delivery people with deep suspicion. But, she will hid under the drapes, with her eyes level with the windowsill, and watch them.

A little over a week ago, a young man came knocking at the door. He kept yelling that he needed some water for his car. When I got up to tell him to use the garden hose outside, Olivia got between me and the door. She was growling and spitting. I couldn't take a step without tripping over her. She'd nip my feet if I tried to get around her. She wouldn't let me through the TV room door into the front of the house. Then I heard him try the front door to see if it was locked. I hit the test button on the fire alarm and he ran off.

A couple days later there is a piece on the news about a man knocking on doors pretending to have car trouble. Once the door was opened, he'd force entry into homes and rob them. I have no idea if it was the same person, especially since the robberies where clear across town. But it was creepy.

I'd like to say the cat is smarter than I am, though I wouldn't have opened the door just yelled through it. But she pulled the same performance with a colleague trying to drop off my multimeter, oscilloscope, and a malfunctioning stepper motor controller. (Yes, my job description is "whatever the boss needs done.") While he's occasionally annoying, he isn't dangerous.
The Cheyenne legends tell us that we (The Cheyenne) spoke in council with the animals longer than any of the other tribes ! With that said , I can attest that you should always listen to the animals !In my years of driving all over the countryside laying brick and repairing buildings I would often leave early in the dark to reach my destination on time in the mornings. I can't even count how many time a Red Tail Hawk or a Barred Owl has swooped down in front of my truck and I would slow down and miss Deer running across the road. Had I not slowed or not paid attention I could have hit them and crashed . Our horses tell us when something is out of place or if strangers are about ! Our dogs can tell us if a person is good or bad and always let us know. Our cats are the same way ! Animals know and sense things that we no longer pay attention to.It's good you listened , maybe it was old memories that warned you ! In any case it sounds like a good decision to not open the door !
Hope all is well with everyone ! Stay safe , stay healthy !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 04-17-2021 at 07:15 PM..
Old 04-18-2021, 01:53 AM   #48494
small bead addict

WD, I remember my Grandfather telling me something similar to that-about the Cheyenne speaking with the animals longer. Thanks for the memory.

OLC, I'm glad you didn't open the door. Are you the only person in Texas who doesn't own a gun? LOL! I've often wondered how animals know stuff like that. Do bad or shady people give off a different scent than nice people do?

I still haven't even gotten shot one yet. I decided to wait until the clinic can get me into a cardiologist and get their opinion on it. I'm glad they pulled the J&J out of the line. A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine (one of the 1st beaders I ever met who kind of took me under her wing), posted that her 23 year old son had gotten that vaccine. On Tues, he came home from work, changed clothes to go running and while he was running, collapsed and died. They are awaiting autopsy results to see if it had anything to do with the vaccine. Since this was something he did regularly, they are being thorough. I am so sad for them. He was a twin, and I'm sure his brother his lost right now.

I'm done training-at least until someone else quits. LOL! Next week, I will be able to go back to my semi-retired lifestyle. We need to move, so that's going to be on my agenda, too. The landlord won't fix the termite damage the house has sustained, and even if she did, it's too much property to keep up with anymore. No rush right now but the hunt needs to begin.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #48495
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
My cat and two feathersí dog talk to me a lot and I talk to them. They tell me that the Creator sure makes beautiful chiweenie dogs and tortoiseshell tabby cats. We had three big dead trees cut and removed because a small one fell the other day and did not hit the house, but we sure heard it. It was in range of the house lol. It missed the chain link fence too. It sure is a loud spooky sound. That got us thinking about tge three other huge trees. Kentuckians tend to put things off, I am sure glad that one of those rotten trees did not land on us driving up the long drive or sitting in the bedroom. Thank you, creator, for the smaller tree falling and causing us to think about the danger.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:05 PM   #48496
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
Subs, I won't be surprised if they did smell different. Aggression, lying, and fear all cause different chemicals to flow. It must come out in the smell. My Siamese has a thing about sweaty men. She loves any guy who has been working in my hot attic.

I am the only Texan who doesn't have a gun. I'm afraid of guns. In high school, I took the gun safety class and tried some target shooting. My dad and uncles wanted me to go hunting with them. I never got past shaking. I shouldn't own or handle a gun.

I'd probably have to stick to a bow. I had a hip injury in high school. I could only take swimming or archery as my gym class. I used to be halfway decent. They're kind of hard to stick in the purse tho', lol.

Ches, don't even mention trees. I've been trying to get a tree taken out. It has power lines through it. I found a company that had the right training and equipment. But, I've been having trouble getting proof of insurance from them.

I have a back up company, but I'm not super comfortable with them. They came in far too low on the price.

Last edited by OLChemist; 04-18-2021 at 07:37 PM..
Old 04-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #48497
Old Dancer

Quote:
Subs, I won't be surprised if they did smell different. Aggression, lying, and fear all cause different chemicals to flow. It must come out in the smell. My Siamese has a thing about sweaty men. She loves any guy who has been working in my hot attic.

I am the only Texan who doesn't have a gun. I'm afraid of guns. In high school, I took the gun safety class and tried some target shooting. My dad and uncles wanted me to go hunting with them. I never got past shaking. I shouldn't own or handle a gun

I'd probably have to stick to a bow. I had a hip injury in high school. I could only take swimming or archery as my gym class. I used to be halfway decent. They're kind of hard to stick in the purse tho', lol.

Ches, don't even mention trees. I've been trying to get a tree taken out. It has power lines through it. I found a company that had the right training and equipment. But, I've been having trouble getting proof of insurance from them.

I have a back up company, but I'm not super comfortable with them. They came in far too low on the price.
I do not know whether my tree guy has insurance or not. I sure hope so.
OLChemist likes this.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #48498
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
They're taking out a tree over the roof of the home of a lawyer. They must have insurance. Then there are the power lines....
Old 04-20-2021, 05:11 AM   #48499
Signal Corps

As to talking animals, sigh, the crows when flying over the car port or the dormer window, they always talk to me. For some time in the year I have a couple sitting on the fence or the little bird house.

I hope and pray that you get that tree with the power lines leading though it safely removed.

Today we had dense fog and you could not see farther than 50m. Now we have sun with a strange looking gray blue sky.

Oh and I got the official notice that I belong to that part of the population which has to wait until those with priorities in class 1,2 or 3 are vaccinated.

Well, we were assured that every adult will get an offer for vaccination until the end of summer. Well, end of summer is 21. September. But with the AZ and JJ vaccin complications that I think will not hold.
OLChemist and subeeds like this.

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 04-20-2021 at 05:14 AM..
Old 04-20-2021, 10:29 PM   #48500
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
LOL Got up this morning and looked out to see a blizzard ! Snowed hard for several hours ! Got about an inch on the porch rail and maybe 2 in the yard !Couple hours later it was all gone ! Another crazy day in Kansas !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Sponsored Links