Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > PowWows.com Contests, Poll, and Games Princess Nomination - **Summer_June** Princess Nomination - **Summer_June**

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,973.82
Savings: 0.00
Princess Nomination - **Summer_June**

**Summer_June** is a canidate for 2006 Powwows.com Princess.

You can read her entry here:

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/sho...82&postcount=5

Please post questions for her in this thread. She will then answer them.

Thanks
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,973.82
I have some questions for each of you.

How do you see technology affecting the traditions of tribes? Is technology good or bad for traditions?

How do you plan to respresent PowWows.com online?
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
-summer_june-*

**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,015.78
I believe I can only talk about my own traditions because when growing up technology does not and still doesn’t go inside the longhouse. Traditions were always here and have been here longer than technology. No matter how advanced technology is traditions will always be first. In the longhouse traditions are all done orally and using technology to do your ceremonies wouldn’t be seen as traditional. Ceremonies via email would not work. Some traditions are better left the way they are and not changed with the times. Oral traditions are a strong part of the longhouse; technology should and will be kept to a minimal.
Technology can be used to write or record the ceremonies as a safeguard for our future generations, so that nobody will ever forget our traditions. A lot of tribes have their own websites; they are used to educate others about their nation and it can be a good thing.

I am an active member of this website and greet new people when I can. I want to make people feel secure and welcomed while being on this site. I also have linked PowWows.com to all of my blogs, my under construction personal website and websites I visit often. To be the PowWows.com princess you need to be an active member and represent this online community in a positive respectful way. I believe I can and will represent PowWows.com online in the best possible way.

I hope this answers your questions Paul!

Last edited by **Summer_June**; 12-03-2005 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: mistake
**Summer_June** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Cruisin Moccasin's

Shnawbay has a reputation beyond repute
Shnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond reputeShnawbay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Talking !!! Summer June For Princess !!!

OH MY GOSH MY GIRL.. Ahh.. I WAS SO HONOURED AND YOU MADE ME ALL TEARY WHEN I READ YOUR POST FOR POWWOWS.COM PRINCESS.. NO OFFENSE TO THE OTHER CANDIDATES BUT WOW SUMMER!! I HONESTLY TRULY BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE A GREAT REPRESENTATIVE FOR PWS.COM !!

YOU HAVE A SUCH A STRONG BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT AND YOU HAVE THE GREATEST POTENTIAL FOR PWS.COM REPRESENTATION.. ONLINE AND OFFLINE! YOU ARE TRUE TO YOURSELF AND TO THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU!

I AM SO HONOURED TO HAVE YOU AS A GREAT FRIEND.. I LOOK UP TO YOU! AND I'M SO SO PROUD OF YOU! YOU WILL DO GREAT THINGS AND YOU ARE A GREAT ROLE MODEL.. WITH OR WITHOUT A THE CROWN!

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A WELL ROUNDED PERSON WHO KNOWS HER TEACHINGS WHERE YOU'RE COMMING FROM AND HAS A GREAT LOVING HEART!

YOU HAVE SO MUCH RESPONSIBILITY AND WISDOM AND AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE AS WELL!! I TRULY BELIEVE IN YOU AND I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! SO AIM HIGH AND SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU CAN DO!
THEY WILL BE AMAZED AT THE GREAT SUMMER JUNE EVELYN JOHN!!

STAY TRUE, STAY STRONG, AND STAY BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!!

})i({ Berry Beautiful Blogs })i({
Shnawbay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
Savings: 1.00
I have a very important question for you Summer June:

Crunchy or smooth pnut-butta??????

u know u gots mah votes:o)

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond repute
walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 112.00
first of all thanks to all the nominees for puttings yourselves "out there"...I certainly wish you all the best...now for the serious stuff:

1) Who is/have you met your tribal chairperson?

2) What have you done to promote education/awareness of your own tribe?

3) What powwows do you normally attend or plan to attend?

4) How do you plan to spread awareness of powwows.com?

OK....GO!!!!! LOL
walela49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Ya got my vote Summer June.

One question. Why is Rudoplhs nose red ?
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
-summer_june-*

**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute**Summer_June** has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Natasha! I really appreciate those kind words!

Smooth Pnut Butter Kali! LOL
Kiwehnzii Umm...I have no clue! LOL
Old 12-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
the legal plumes lady!

walela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond reputewalela49 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by walela49
first of all thanks to all the nominees for puttings yourselves "out there"...I certainly wish you all the best...now for the serious stuff:

1) Who is/have you met your tribal chairperson?

2) What have you done to promote education/awareness of your own tribe?

3) What powwows do you normally attend or plan to attend?

4) How do you plan to spread awareness of powwows.com?

OK....GO!!!!! LOL

did ya see my questions??????
Old 12-12-2005, 11:03 PM   #10
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Summer June......I think you'd be the IDEAL powwow.com princess....you are a classy and smart young lady....and very mature for one so young....so I will vote for you for sure....but I do have a question too, though:
The past princess...as far as I could tell, was very nearly never on line...and didn't seem to post anything I ever saw......and I was kinda surprised by this....do you think it's important to be on line here....and an active member?
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #11
-summer_june-*

Thank you Walela49 for the questions. I hope these answer your questions.

1) Here in Six Nations we do not have a tribal chairperson but we do have a Chief of the elected band council Dave General. Dave General was at the Six Nations High School Graduates & High Average Awards 2004-2005, where I received the 3rd highest average for grade nine girl. I don’t know him personally but he does represent our reserve.

2) To promote education and awareness of the Cayuga and Ojibway nations I show awareness by dancing. I have done many shows at school and throughout my community.

3) The powwows I attend are Ann Arbor Michigan, Rama Mothers Day Traditional Powwow, Sarnia, Kettle Point/Thunder Falls, Grand River, Munsee, sometimes Saugeen, Six Nations Fall Fair Powwow, Rama Thanksgiving Powwow, Rogers Centre (Sky Dome) and traditional Powwows and socials in Toronto throughout the year when they have them and the University of Waterloo/Wilfrid Laurier Powwow. I would love to go to Gathering of Nations Powwow, Schemitzun, Ottawa Powwow and the National Powwow in Washington, DC.

4) To spread awareness of PowWows.com I would attend powwows and social functions throughout Ontario and Michigan area while at those places if provided I will hand out the monthly newsletters sent through our email to the dancers and spectators. I plan to start a message board or blog to post my experiences as the PowWows.com Princess and put a link on all of my outgoing emails. On the threads made for the powwows the ones I would be attending I will tell you where I will be if you want to come and talk or if you want a group photo to post here online and I would be willing to submit a review of the powwow and post some pictures!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #12
the legal plumes lady!

AWESOME...thanks :)
Old 12-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
You know you have my vote Summer! I know you would do the best job and remain active on the website. You are a bright, beautiful, funny and wonderful person and I'm so happy to be your friend. You give me hope and faith in the upcoming generations. big hugz gurl!

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
-summer_june-*

I looooooooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee coming online to PowWows.com and just chatting with everyone. It’s my favourite website and is usually where I am when I’m home. Being an active member is important because you are being responsible and greeting everyone and chatting with everyone.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 AM   #15
Addy's Mommy

~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*~ShanLyn~*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 436.00
well sumner u know u have my vote.
because well, i taught you everything i know and now you're ready to venture off into the world all on your own despite your "syndrome" lolz

VOTE FOR SUMNER!
if you vote for her it will be summer all year long!!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:09 PM   #16
-summer_june-*

Shanner! You taught me pretty much everything I need so far! Thank ya Dr. Shanner LOL
Old 12-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
~fancy & smoke dancer~

Emz is on a distinguished road
she:kon Summer, well you got my vote for sure!
it's nice to have finally met you, such a nice n beautiful girl inside and out who carries herself with great dignity and respect, i know you would represent pws.com well, haudenosaunee style! lol
Old 12-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #18
-summer_june-*

Thank ya Emz! Your a wonderful girl & I'm glad to have ya as a friend!!
Old 12-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #19
Jinglin fool...

n8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Summer... Good luck to you also!

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!
n8tivechick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2005, 09:30 PM   #20
-summer_june-*

Any other questions?