Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree94Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com How should I feel about this? How should I feel about this?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #21
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 94,080.84
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Hey , I wanna be Cheyenne .....can I be Cheyenne , huh huh can I huh ???
I don't know. Let's see:

1) Is your spirit guide a Cheyenne Chief?

2) Have you ever done a rain dance?

3) Were you a Cheyenne in a past life?

4) Do you feel Cheyenne in your heart?

5) Do you feel close to Mother Earth? (Falling on your a** in dark on the way to the porta-potties at a powwow doesn't count.)

6) Is your wolf-hybrid dog named after a tribe?

7) Was your grandmother a medicine woman?

8) Does your DNA test say so?

If you answered yes to three or more you might be a Cheyenne.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #22
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
ok.....no more longmire for you
Old 10-18-2016, 06:27 PM   #23
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernumber2016 View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the reply. Yeah I spent two years researching how a huge majority of sexual assaults and rapes on not only Pine Ridge but other reservations goes unnoticed because there are no protections for Native American children and females when the perps are strangers and so this is why I wanted to do this film, because I felt it wasn't fair to Native Americans. Also this film - I had planned for this to just be the beginning.

Eventually I'd like to create a Native American television network (kind of like how blacks have BET and Oprah has OWN) because there are a lot of great, talented Native american actors and actresses and comedians with great show ideas and films and sitcoms and they should be broadcasted mainstream just like films and shows by those of other races and that would then shine the light on the positive side of Native Americans as well, instead of just showing Native Americans as victims. I basically want to be like the - Tyler Perry of and for Native Americans but as I said, I'm sure his comments meant well, just the way he said it was really harsh because my intentions are good.
thats quite a bit to take on for someone who just found out they are part cherokee.....i am guessing your time would be better spent doing some legwork, birth and death certificates, rolls, seeing if your ancestor was enrolled.....THEN go visit your cultural center.....go to some public events and make some friends (do not ask sensitive questions).....THEN learn as much as you can about YOUR culture and immerse yourself in it as much as a stranger can....because if you didnt grow up native you will always be a stranger.....BUT THATS OK natives are a communal and accepting lot.....if your story checks out they will help you.....if you have wild claims they will not......and maybe when its all said and done you may not even have interest in helping pine ridge (not trying to sound like an azzhat) and helping the cherokee you claim to be related to or even your own local native community.....START THERE....and just becuse youre a latecomer doesnt mean you wont be accepted....but like everything else in this world you have to earn it
Old 10-18-2016, 06:45 PM   #24
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernumber2016 View Post
I'M demanding to be accepted?? I'm NOT TRYING to be accepted. I was trying to help YOU all and then when I offer help, I get criticized for it, because I'm an outsider?! YES not ALL of you native americans but a HUGE majority of you all ARE RACIST as a MF. It shouldn't matter if I am as white as the driven snow or a outsider outlander or whatever. If I am offering help, why not be thankful and take it?! It's not about someone agreeing with me, it's about someone INSULTING me! Don't criticize me for trying to help YOU all. But since you all want to criticize me offering help **** it! I don't get this **** from the black race! A race that ALSO has been equally been victimized but they probably don't matter because they're ******* right.

**** it. and **** my trying to help. Maybe if a majority of you all weren't so ****ing racist, people of OTHER races would be privileged to want to help you BUT WE WILL NOT because as you and the ELDER up there said we are just outsiders!
ummmm......so im guessing i wont be seeing you at any of the direct action events?

you just said a few posts ago that you can barely take care of your own.....why dont you fix that first before worrying about us? your efforts would be better served

and what are your native ways? do you go to stomp dance and alligator dance? booger dance? green corn? new moon? friend making?

i would like to hear more about what you been taught.

i would like to apologize for what you face here. my fellow savage-americans can be a sullen lot. fortunately i was raised with good manners.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #25
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
I'm guessing she's not coming back. Oh well. Another one bites the dust. LOL!

You know, Josiah, I've wondered about that, too, sometimes. It's always Cherokee, nobody ever wants to be Cheyenne, or Apache. :)
wrong....i live in denver.....a very brown city.....alot of chicanos here gave up on the aztec thing and now all claim to be apaches.....

even the straight up mexicans with parents and/or grandparents in/from mexico......running around with original homeland security tshirts and marching for immigration on cesar chavez day (which is very moronic if they knew their history).....many even claim they descend from geronimo not realizing geronimo woulda shot their ancestors on site lol

and when i ask them which tribe of in'deh they are they yell "i told you im APACHE!!" hahahaha....true story

to me a culture vulture is a culture vulture.......i dont see why we excuse our mexican half cousins

i better stop now im going way to off-subject

my azzhat needs to be dusted off......i swear i will be wearing it while i post soon so i dont dissappoint you guys

and where the hell is wanjica? this place is in dire need of some azzhattery one-liners
OLChemist, windanncer and subeeds like this.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:49 AM   #26
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 53,565.92
Quote:
Only if I can, too. Oh wait, wasn't ol' WB saying he was now Cheyenne and not Lakota?
windanncer likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-19-2016, 07:20 PM   #27
Some donkus

Niigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,076.49
I feel horrible for finding this entertaining. I feel like I need a shower.
windanncer and subeeds like this.
Niigig is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #28
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 81,885.67
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
ok.....no more longmire for you
Now I know he ain't even seen longmire
LOL
if he had seen that one episode where the would be Cheyenne guy sets up his white friend to do Sundance Lakota way, he would have shook his head and changed the channel. LMAO.
windanncer and subeeds like this.

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 10-24-2016 at 11:23 AM..
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #29
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Now I know he ain't even seen longmire
LOL
if he had seen that one episode where the would be Cheyenne guy sets up his white friend to do Sundance Lakota way, he would have shook his head and changed the channel. LMAO.
ooh i like how they did the sundance at night......and in a private ceremony outside of sundance season........they really did their homework there
windanncer likes this.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:34 AM   #30
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 53,565.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niigig View Post
I feel horrible for finding this entertaining. I feel like I need a shower.
No need to feel horrible-it is entertaining. We haven't had anybody get their knickers this twisted up in a long time. Apparently she couldn't handle the heat so she got out of the kitchen.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links