Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Entertainment Role Playing Games Discussion Thread Role Playing Games Discussion Thread

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #41
Junior Dancer

Items Present
That was not my sentiment, well the last post was some random dudes from some dorky site.

Personally I really dig 3.5. I have them all on PDF now so I paid only 15 for Races of the Dragon; just cuz it's nice to have a book or 5 to reference, unless your me and print them all off at school
Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

MaileenasDad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #42
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Talking

Last Sunday that's right PooperBowl Sunday I played D&D.

I couldn't roll a decent number on a D20 to save my freakin life! Literally I managed to not save my life and ended up dying, ok falling unconcious; but out of the game for all intents and purposes. The only thing I did right was jack up disarming a trap and ended up stinking really really bad for the duration of the rest of the night! My Tiefling Ninja Girl totally rolled super crappy.

The most damage I ended up doing was 11 to a Kobold-Duskblade! That's right a Kobold withstood my feeble Katana Strike and that was my only Critical Hit all night too!

We encountered like 15 of the little jackers. And they were whipping our butts! And for those of you who don't know, Kobolds are the wimpiest monsters there pretty much are in the whole bloody game since the dawn of time!

But to my credit or bad credit our entire group was rolling badly that enening. The wimpiest of our group; a Halfling Druid/Rogue was just whipping some major butt! He was pulling crits left and right and single handedly wasted the other main boss which happened to be a Human-Dragon Shaman. The Orc Barbarian and Half-Elven War Mage were biting too, along with the Dwarven Priest.

Upon realizing it was going to be one of those nights, which unfortunately I had to have as payback for whooping major monster butt for almost a 4 session streak had to pay back in spades.

I just separated from the group in the sewers and wound up failing all of my SPOT Checks and getting my tail handed to me by the Dragon Shaman and was no help to the rest of the group for the last main encounter. But finally my cousin's Druid/Rogue got to shine. For he can only do like 1-3/1-3 with is dual daggers, due to his wussie halfling stature.

But that same wussie kicked some major behind on Sunday. So it just goes to show you that no matter how super bad your character is; he or she in my case: YOU ARE STILL A PAWN OF THE ROLL OF THE ALMIGHTY 20-SIDED DIE. If you fail all of your rolls and miss or fumble and hit yourself, it doesn't matter how many plusses you have or how rockin your magical wepons are.

Hopefully on the 28th my HEX will be lifted.

Peace and Happy Gaming
OD
Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

Old 08-31-2010, 08:21 PM   #43
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Wink

Our group of scoundrels dis-banded. More's the pity.

But such is the way of all thing RPG. Our DM was super detailed and had stuff all worked out ahead for weeks too.

Dag Gummit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arggh

Guess I'll jones till the next episode.

Till THen make mine 3.5!

Old 09-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #44
crazywolf

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Savings: 1.00
Hey man when you start rolling like that, time to trade up the dice. But you don't just go out and buy some new ones. You go out and buy new ones, and when you get home, line them up on some concrete, then get your old dice and smash them in front of the new ones. The new ones will behave guaranteed!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #45
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Gonna download me some rpg Rifts and Robotech and AD&D 3.5 goodness from "The Pirate Bay". Uh yeah!

And I"m going to start up a Rifts campaign soon. So bored lately.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #46
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
Hey man when you start rolling like that, time to trade up the dice. But you don't just go out and buy some new ones. You go out and buy new ones, and when you get home, line them up on some concrete, then get your old dice and smash them in front of the new ones. The new ones will behave guaranteed!

Damn I had no idea you were so friggin hard corps man! You go!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #47
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaileenasDad View Post
Damn I had no idea you were so friggin hard corps man! You go!
You ever get Rifts going? I went into a hoppy shop in Moorhead the other day and it was like a major time machine. I am happy to see they have not changed the Rifts manual one bit, maybe added to it a little. When something works, don't mess with it right?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #48
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Angry And thats my final decision. Actually my first and final decision.

AD&D 4th Edition is complete and total KA-KA!!!

Caveat: oh and how's it goin Lobo Loco?

Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #49
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Savings: 0.00

Totally wasn't what I was expecting when I opened this thread....

my goodness...

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #50
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Hasbro is the DEVIL

my cousin and I had about a 20 minute conversation regarding 4th edition Thursday afternoon. He said that he played a session or 3, and that Hasbro who owns AD&D now took all the RPG aspects out of it.

Which means no RPG aspects = World of War-Crack wearing different clothes. And we all know what WoW did to the RPG industry.

How does that sit with me? It sits like me under a cows azz waiting for yet another cow pie to land. And that's how I feel.

See if you don't role play or use your imagination for any aspect of a RPG it ceases to be a Role-Playing-Game. No I'm not talking about some live action smut you play with a woman/man. Not only does it not feel like AD&D, but the art is just atrocious! Hasbro took that away from us too.

Arguably one could say that it's just evolution and without change in the hobby things might become a little bit stagnant. But D&D has been awesome since the mid-70's. Yes there may have been some rules updates but the overall feel of the game remained unchanged for over 30 freakin years!

But the shining ray of hope is this.

http://paizo.com/pathfinder

That's right, welcome to AD&D 3.75 Edition. All of the artist, game designers, creative teams, etc. defected and came to Paizo. The new AD&D is called Pathfinder. Why you ask? Well that's because the moguls down at Hasbro bought D&D's name. The pukes.

So 3.75 is on the scene now. AD&D remains preserved. It's really nice to know that AD&D lives on at another company called Paizo.

Although 50$ is a little steep for the Players Handbook. I remember when core rules only cost 20$ a pop. But that was the good old days in the late 80's early to the mid 90's.

Hasbro is a toy manufacturer. Not role playing games developing company. They have no love for D&D or they would have never murdered it, and tried to sell us on their twisted distorted version of it.

I say shame on them for making money on the youth of today. This game is a lifestyle choice for me and many others. D&D is so near and dear to us, it's like a friend to us. We spent years of our lives playing D&D, developing our characters and their backgrounds and doing all the research for our campaigns. Not to mention all of the research we did because of gaming.

It's a crime to take every milligram of IMAGINATION out of something solely based on it. I foresaw this coming after they were bought out by Wizards of the Coast back in 1997. Even then I felt betrayed and boycotted 3.0 & 3.5 for some years following that tumult. But if you're not imagining then you're not role playing. If you're not working in a group, or rolling your dice not only for damage then your not role-playing. If it took no imagination to create your character then your not role-playing. If you have all of your attributes created from a computer application then your not role-playing. If your spells are written on little cards and everything is based on some whacky algebra equation then your not playing AD&D.

See where this is going here? Hasbro hasn't developed something new; they have taken something sleek and streamlined after it took a generation (that's 33 years) to get right and shyt all over it. Then took that shyt and bound it, painted a pretty picture on the front and called it Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition.

Look Hasbro you aren't foolin anyone except today's youth. And even they are waking up. You can't go to a RPG convention without running into D&D 1st through 3.5 Veterans. And shame on Hasbro for trying to destroy a legacy that belongs to all of us, whether you have played D&D or not. Don't shyt on something and put a 50$ price tag on it and try and hawk it to us you creeps...

Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #51
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Clarification

Just to clarify, I thought this thread was about or similar to a sort of medieval times or other reinactment type activity , not any sort of sexual inuendo.

Thank you for your time

Carry on....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Last edited by trouble; 09-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: spelling
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #52
Pow Wow Visitor

kindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 130.70
Role playing games have played a huge role in my life. And I know it has played a role in a lot of yours too. That's all I have to say for now. I never been to one of those, gaming conventions, too far for me to go at the time. Now pow wows on the other hand, I will go 1800 to get there, lol.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #53
crazywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaileenasDad View Post
Although 50$ is a little steep for the Players Handbook. I remember when core rules only cost 20$ a pop. But that was the good old days in the late 80's early to the mid 90's.

:
You know I paid a couple of hundred bucks to get a lot of AD&D 2nd ed. stuff. The last time I played it worked just fine. I am sure it still works if I go back to florida and dig it out of my closet, will start right up first turn of the key. I don't see any need to go out and spend another couple hundred bucks to get something updated, not in this economy.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #54
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Yet Another Epic Fail by Our Friends Hasbro

Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition is on the horizon boys and girls. Woooooo.

Hasbro can only make it worse or take a turd and put some hot fudge and bananas on it and other fixings and call it a banana split.

Stupid Heads

Long live Pathfinder and the old skool Editions of D&D!!!

Sponsored Links