Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Creative Writing Reflections Reflections

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
k9soldier has a reputation beyond repute
k9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond reputek9soldier has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,645.87
Savings: 1.00
Reflections

It has been my responsibilty to write the Christmas letter through the years. I must admit some years have been easier than others. This has been one of those 'other' years.
As I sit here trying to recall the "highlights" of the year 2009. I realize something about myself, and I'm not sure I like what I see. It seems the first thoughts to pop into my head are the "lowlights" of the year. Why is that? I found it necessary to have my vision assisted this year, yep..I am now the owner of no line bi-focals. The doctor said it's normal, it comes with getting older. I would like to think it was a bi-product of getting wiser. I guess it's how you look at it. I was amazed at the clarity that I now am able to see. The road signs have words on them that are now legible....huh, imagine the time I'll save actually knowing ahead of time my turn is coming... rather than.."there it was" and turning around. And yet my vision is still impaired... if all I can see are the "lowlights' of the past year.
The year 2009 was tough on my industry. People did not HAVE to have their dogs trained, they did however have to buy groceries. I had to have dogs trained in order to have groceries... but groceries were bought and we survived. Who knew a dollar could be stretched so thin...or could buy so much. Guess it's how you look at it.
I found myself getting angry last night as I stumbled through the toys scattered about the living room. I told the kids loudly, or did I yell?(guess it's how you look at it) to get them picked up or I would pick them up for them. The threat of disposing of their toys got the room cleaned...temporarily. I do wish they would respect and show greater care for their toys. How many parents have had that same wish?.. How many parents wish their children had a toy? Guess it's how you look at it.

They say hindsight is 20-20 and that may be true. But if you walk looking over your shoulder, you won't see what's in front of you. So rather than reflect on the year past, I look to the future...with hope.

Merry Christmas my friends, and may the creator bless each of us as we continue to walk life's path.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Savings: 0.00
Seems to me that Creator already gave you your Christmas presents early otherwise you wouldn't see what is there in front of your eyes.
Seeing is believing!!!!!!!
You have a family, more than anything else, this is what counts the most. No amounts of $$$$$$$$$ will ever replace a family that LOVES together and shares together.
So put aside your feelings of toys on the floor, sit with them and be thankfull that you are there with them.

Say thank you that you are not in Kandahar along with many others from both sides of our border!

Say thank you that you did learn to stretch your dollars and learn the gratitude of respecting the power of the dollar and what it does. Say thank you to Creator that you are able to post here and share YOUR feelings with us and that we can reply!

You see we are a big family here, no matter what some may think I have a part of you all here in my room with me in my heart and pray for all of you knowing that we share a common bond on a special path.

SO for one and all, hug your kids and spend time with them this year, spend good time with them without yelling or screaming, swallow the screams and smile instead that those very children are safe and warm in your house and not on the streets looking for shelter or being abused instead.

So a very Merry Christmas and a special happy new year for one and all!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links