ho chunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ho chunk?

ok so im new to this site..... im dakota souix from mn and i jus learned that in my ancestry im part ho chunk but i dont know where from?(nebraska, wisconsin) so could someone tell me a lil something something about being ho chunk? i would really want to learn.... like why do the dancers dance the way they do? or where applique came from?

Originally posted by sunktanka_sa77 View Post
    so could someone tell me a lil something something about being ho chunk? i would really want to learn.... like why do the dancers dance the way they do?
    I think they dance the way they do because of them long winnebago arms! Just my observation lol...jk

So welcome to the site, your a grass dancer that's good. The world needs more grass dancers. How about you go to the introduction forum in chit chat and say a few things about yourself, basic stuff like your interests etc...

Comment

ha thanks i dont know how to do that either

Comment

scroll all the way down until you see forum jump, you can get to chit chat from there. once your in chit chat then you go to introductions and take it from there...

Comment

k thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sunktanka_sa77 View Post
            ok so im new to this site..... im dakota souix from mn and i jus learned that in my ancestry im part ho chunk but i dont know where from?(nebraska, wisconsin) so could someone tell me a lil something something about being ho chunk? i would really want to learn.... like why do the dancers dance the way they do? or where applique came from?
            so you live in red wing? try to get to Black River Falls WI, that's one of the two major Ho Chunk areas in WI, not too far from you. they have many powwows, but the two larger ones are on Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• badmaninc
              Other chat rooms?
              by badmaninc
              I was wondering when you are in other chat rooms does everybody act the same. Or do you try to act differently when in other groups. Like in this group, I think everybody knows I like being a wiseguy or smarta**. Sometimes I get serious about issues that are close to home but for the most part I...
              01-27-2005, 04:42 AM
            • southerncloth
              what would you do?
              by southerncloth
              what would you do if your spouse didn't want to move other than where they were from. but the thing is the kids don't like it where they are from and like the other place. they don't want to atleast go half way with you and they get mad when you tell them that you don't like it out there where they...
              11-10-2003, 02:08 PM
            • iluvmychilcotinchief
              NEW female fancy danca
              by iluvmychilcotinchief
              Hi im Erin, im new to this upgraded site but i always went on the site before it changed, annnd now im back. Well im a fancy dancer id like to get to know anyone who wants to chat. dont matter who or anything :) well if you wanna chat or something im usually logged on. so wanna talk powwow? or talk...
              02-11-2005, 04:20 AM
            • turtle_mountain16
              is there really a specific way to dance?
              by turtle_mountain16
              I have this friend who always tells me i have to dance like all the other girls. but the thing is is that she is one of those girls who copy everyone's moves and calls them her own. and i'm just a little confused because isn't it supposed to be your own style? one day we even got in a fight...
              07-18-2002, 01:54 PM
            • tione
              Sorta New
              by tione
              undefinedundefined
              Hey Folks!

I'm SORTA new because I signed up here a long while back, then kinda forgit about the place. After I remembered (Thanks, Ralph) it took me forever to figure the system out. I still can't figure the chat thing out. Does anyone actually go there? That...
              11-17-2004, 07:16 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X