DNA Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChildrenFromTheSun View Post
    I find his issue is not necessarily that the BST is lacking in evidence and substance. It seems he's more concerned with his idea that the BST isn't 100% objective, which is true.

This doesn't mean that the BST isn't well documented and accepted. However, there are definitely some issues within and alternative anthropological theories to the BST.

Have you heard of the theory regarding migrations from the Oceania to South America?
    Are you referring to who populated places like Easter Island? If so, then yes.

Comment

Last edited by WomanfromOz; 09-23-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherokee Veteran View Post
        The migration is pretty well documented and accepted among the scientific community. I don’t know what else to tell you.
        Very true. Most Oceania tested show small amounts of Indigenous Amazonian. Where most Indigenous Amazonian show small amounts of Oceania.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleclanriverband View Post
          Ya know, with all the discussion about these DNA tests, I've never heard that they have figured out to test about personality.

When I was a kid, I was talking to my mom about this family (in our tribe) & how it seemed like everyone in this family was mean. I was giving her examples of how they acted/what they had done.

She told me, "It's in their blood." She said that it's one of our old beliefs that personalities & character traits, just like physical traits like hair & eye color, that that is passed down through the blood. So then we talked about this other family where all the girls are really sweet & lovely. It was just their nature.

I think everybody can still choose how they want to behave & act/react in any situation, but I think what's in someone's blood plays a part too.
          You are right. Some of it is environmental and depends on upbringing but they have also identified genes that will determine someone's core personality. They can predict anxiety, temperament etc. it is definitely "In their blood" but that can be both genetically speaking and because their familial temperament/personality can be absorbed environmentally.

Comment

A few of my friends are amateur genealogists and they encouraged me to start building a family tree as a hobby and confirming through dna testing so I recently did a 23 and Me dna test earlier this month (they're having holiday sales!) and they labeled part of my results under their "East Asian & Native American" combined category. I also did an Ancestry last month because it was on sale as well and they labeled part of my results under the "Native American - North, Central, South" category. I think they're both good dna tests, but Ancestry's results were more accurate because they have a larger sample population than 23 and me plus if you opt-in they have dna matching with relatives. I think they can be helpful if you're using them for things like building family trees as a hobby.
            Last edited by Lone Dove; 11-15-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Sibling position

Originally posted by WomanfromOz View Post
              You are right. Some of it is environmental and depends on upbringing but they have also identified genes that will determine someone's core personality. They can predict anxiety, temperament etc. it is definitely "In their blood" but that can be both genetically speaking and because their familial temperament/personality can be absorbed environmentally.
              This is under environment too, but position inline of birth of siblings seems to influence personality. They used to write books about the “middle child”.

Comment

DNA Disappointment

I took a DNA test and I am disappointed with what I found out I wanted to know if I had Native Blood in me or not and The Test I took on my heritage came back with no Native American Blood and I was like what no native blood that's crazy cause My Aunt told me for years after doing research on our Family Heritage and Ancestry Indian blood is in our Family bit it didn't show on my Dna Test Now I am feeling confused lost and I had a connection now that's all gone now.Having that DNA test ruined the connection I once had now that's broken and I don't know who or what I am anymore. I guess blood isn't everything but still it would of been nice to have a blood connection instead of a spiritual connection oh well it is what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk101 View Post
                  I took a DNA test and I am disappointed with what I found out I wanted to know if I had Native Blood in me or not and The Test I took on my heritage came back with no Native American Blood and I was like what no native blood that's crazy cause My Aunt told me for years after doing research on our Family Heritage and Ancestry Indian blood is in our Family bit it didn't show on my Dna Test Now I am feeling confused lost and I had a connection now that's all gone now.Having that DNA test ruined the connection I once had now that's broken and I don't know who or what I am anymore. I guess blood isn't everything but still it would of been nice to have a blood connection instead of a spiritual connection oh well it is what is.
                  Sorry , did I miss something ? You said you took a DNA test ? So you know exactly who you are , you're just NOT NATIVE ! Seems simple to me !
                  I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                  It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.