Choctaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choctaw

I am Choctaw. I am also white. My mother is Sicilian, my father is white and Choctaw. I have white skin, but dark hair and eyes. I was separated from my Choctaw family as a toddler. Since I was away from the culture, I did my best to educate myself for years. I am very uncomfortable with my identity because I grew up 1,000 miles away from them and my blood quantum is low. I have been wondering for years, am I a fraud and should I stop claiming this? I'd love to hear your advice. Thank you.

Originally posted by zaz03 View Post
    I am Choctaw. I am also white. My mother is Sicilian, my father is white and Choctaw. I have white skin, but dark hair and eyes. I was separated from my Choctaw family as a toddler. Since I was away from the culture, I did my best to educate myself for years. I am very uncomfortable with my identity because I grew up 1,000 miles away from them and my blood quantum is low. I have been wondering for years, am I a fraud and should I stop claiming this? I'd love to hear your advice. Thank you.
    Greetings , The Choctaw as a tribe have membership that requires lineage. I know several Choctaw and several are not only light skinned , but also red headed ! Doesn't make them any less Choctaw ! Some are pretty good singers and dancers. Get your lineage together , birth and death certificates , prove your way back to a tribal member , send it in to the tribe. They will most likely welcome you with open arms ! Good luck and remember , finding your ndn side doesn't really change who you are , it only enhances it.
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
      Greetings , The Choctaw as a tribe have membership that requires lineage. I know several Choctaw and several are not only light skinned , but also red headed ! Doesn't make them any less Choctaw ! Some are pretty good singers and dancers. Get your lineage together , birth and death certificates , prove your way back to a tribal member , send it in to the tribe. They will most likely welcome you with open arms ! Good luck and remember , finding your ndn side doesn't really change who you are , it only enhances it.
      Ther you go again...scaring off people.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.