"Baby Frank" - Wokiksuye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Baby Frank" - Wokiksuye

On April 26th I received the tragic news of my son “Baby Frank” passing on to the spirit world...

I have been going through a lot since then, remembering, wishing I could turn back the hands of time, wanting him to be with me, all the thoughts in the world of “what if....”. I know that I cannot change what has happened, however, I do wonder...”why?”.

I miss my boy so much and no matter how much I pray, I wonder if I have the patience any longer, to be without him. It was about three weeks after his funeral that I was feeling down and out, contemplating suicide, thinking the worse. I was awake at 4:00am pacing the house, crying and angered about Baby Frank’s death. Finally around about 5:45am, I fell asleep. Now, I believe that I had an experience with the God during my sleep.

I had a dream...I was in the Kenel Community Hall helping with an event when a friend asked me to make a sign in sheet for the activity going on. I honored her request and began typing a form out when I noticed a little boy run by the door. At first I thought it was one of the kids in the hall and continued typing. I then noticed a boy standing by the door and realized that it was my son...”Baby Frank!”, I stopped what I was doing and held him so tight and kept feeling him and touching his head, arms, hair and continued hugging him. It was the best feeling in the world, a feeling of euphoria...ultimate happiness! I would say that this lasted for eternity, however, dreams do come to an end.

I then looked at him eye to eye and he had no expression, no smile or anything, just “Baby Frank” staring at his dad and his dad staring at him. I then built up the courage to ask him...”Are you back for good?”, he replied with a simple nodding of his head..”No”. I then said “ok, I understand”, he went to play and the dream ended. I wasn’t sad about his answer, I think it was an understanding of God, knowing that he is in good hands.

This message is for all the parents across the world, when you have a chance please give your children a hug and kiss as much as possible and if you have to correct them, do it in a non angry way. Just do the best that you can and enjoy life with them.

God Bless,

Frank White Bull

I have started a website in his honor:

www.whitebull.org

Hau

Pilamaya Yelo
    Last edited by oldstylelakota; 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM.
    Frank

thank you for your words....and beautiful website of your beautiful son....

Comment

Remembering Loved ones

To remember a loved one who you lost so suddenly and recently is a hard one to swallow.

I feel what your saying, as having lost so many relatives in the time I have, you learn something. Life is everlasting, their soul lives on and only left the form (body) it was in here on earth.

A Medicine woman told me once that, to lose a loved one, we shouldn't grieve too much, because we keep them from that journey they need to make. She explained it like this.

" Imagine your at a party (b-day, celebration etc.), and everyone you knew or loved is there, but the feeling their is so peaceful and wonderful, you never want to leave. But,
      there is someone wanting you to leave, and you don't want to leave and will miss the experience." that's how it is when our loved one's leave, they are happy there and don't want to leave, but worry about who ever is crying for them here on earth. this sometimes keep them from going where they need to.

Your pain is real, but your really crying for yourself!, I'm sure your son is not unhappy where he is. Rejoice and pray for yourself and pray for serenity. All things are temporary. I pray that you find solace.
      ~Sometimes you just have to dance~

Comment

I'm really sorry for your loss. Trinity is right and has good words to share. Our teachings are also the same that the crying holds our loved ones back from the journey that they need to take.
        I pray for healing for you and your family. I think your dream was a blessing to show you that your son is fine.
        You probably know that your son is with all your relatives in that other world, I know it's hard but keep praying and you will heal.
        Many prayers for you.....
        Last edited by Kakeeya; 11-08-2004, 01:20 AM.

Comment

What a beautiful tribute you have created to honor your son and the love you shared....my heart goes out to you and your family and I pray that you find the peace that you need to carry on for your self and your family...
          OrangePridendnds1
          "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
          Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
          ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
          Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Comment

My Son Frank

On August 4 2004, my son (Frank) came into this world stillborn. I was 2 weeks overdue and had been in labour for 27 hrs. I know what it is like to lose a child. The grief is, at times, overwhelming but somehow I'm making it through. This was suppose to be our first child and now we have to start our family over again with another child. I, as well as my husband, will never forget Frank(Booboo). I will remember you in our prayers.
            www.myspace.com/dakota_giftedgal

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota-GiftedGal
              On August 4 2004, my son (Frank) came into this world stillborn. I was 2 weeks overdue and had been in labour for 27 hrs. I know what it is like to lose a child. The grief is, at times, overwhelming but somehow I'm making it through. This was suppose to be our first child and now we have to start our family over again with another child. I, as well as my husband, will never forget Frank(Booboo). I will remember you in our prayers.
              Big hugs for you and for your wonderful hubby!

I'm gonna send you a private message so you know who I am!

Comment

wow, what a beautiful tribute for a beautiful boy. Though, I 'm sure, hard to do, thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

I'm speechless.....Singing Eagle.....

You and your sundance brothers and sisters did so much for us......we could not get through this hard time without the help of Family and Friends.......we Thank-you so much

Dakota-GiftedGal

Comment

I'm speechless.....Singing Eagle.....

You and your sundance brothers and sisters did so much for us......we could not get through this hard time without the help of Family and Friends.......we Thank-you so much

Dakota-GiftedGal
                    Awww - DGG - I just wish we could do more!

Comment

Singing Eagle

Just be there again next yr when I'm preggie again......

DGG

Comment

Singing Eagle

Just be there again next yr when I'm preggie again......

DGG
                        Girl - You and him getting preggers again is right up there in my prayers!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X