Leonard Cozad, Sr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Cozad, Sr

Yesterday, Saturday, May 21, 2005 Leonard Cozad, Sr passed away. We received the news about 345PM. Please, everyone say a prayer for the family. We do not have any details about services at this time. I will try to post them once final plans are made.

Please keep the family and the Kiowa nation in your prayers

Leonard Cozad Sr. has left behind a strong legacy for all to follow. A true music maker he was. For the songs that he made were many and very moving to one's spirit. As a Native American Chuch member I'm sure that he sat in many meetings wondering about the other side of that moon(altar) that he could not see. Now he knows. May he have good journey. For he will be warmly recieved by all of those who have gone one before him. My prayers and deepest condolonces are with the Cozad Family. May they have peace in knowing that he has gone home and that one day they will see him again.
    Last edited by wa-zha-zhe; 05-23-2005, 09:44 AM.
    wa-zha-zhe

Comment

Leonard Cozad Sr. adopted my dad as a son back in the 90's and throughout the years we have become close relations to the Cozad family. They are in our prayers each and every day. As far as we know, wake services are going to be held in Carnegie on Tuesday and funeral services are on Wednesday.

Comment

Leonard Cozad, Sr.

The wake is Tuesday, 7pm, at Red Buffalo Hall, Carnegie, Oklahoma. The funeral is Wednesday, 10AM, Red Buffalo Hall, Carnegie, Okla. burial at Cedar Creek cemetary. Smith funeral home in Anadarko, Okla. is handling arrangements sorry don't have the phone #. We will soon be on our way there. Please continue to pray for the family. Ah-ho

Comment

Thank you TBZ4EVER and Saycoin311 for posting the info. I was just about to when I saw your posts. Our prayers are with you and the family.

Comment

Sympathy

I never knew Mr. Leonard Cozad, Sr. But I do know that his family are the Cozad singers. And from reading the posts, he was a member of the NAC. I would just like to add that he was an inspiration for some of us; as singers, dancers and members. My condolonces goes out to his family and may you all keep strong. God Bless each and every one of you.

Comment

Oh thats so sad....my thoughts are with the Cozad Family
              '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
              SOUTHERN STYOZ
              '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

prayers for the cozads...
                Watch your broken dreams...
                Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

my prayers and thoughts are with the family.
                  Bahnisiain

Comment

contact info for funeral home

The phone number for Smith Funeral Home is 405-247-3701, and the address (for those wishing to send flowers, etc) is 301 W. Oklahoma St., Anadarko OK 73005.
                    One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

Comment

My prayers go out to the Cozad family, and the Kiowa tribe. God bless us kiowa's.
                      "Only Built FOR NATIVE LINX"

Comment

My thoughts go out to the family. I was priviledged to have met and sang with him and dance with his family.
                        BOB

Comment

My prayers and thoughts are with his family. He leaves behind a long legacy of singers with his sons and grandsons. But no one will be able to ever replace him. He was a great song maker and wonderful singer. Its a sad day for the Kiowa nation.
                          If I do not know the answer someone else will!!!!
                          Also forgive me, this system does not have a spell check so forgive the bad spelling

Comment

my prayers go out to the cozad family. he will truly be missed!
                            dancing from my heart never looking back at what i could have done always looking ahead to the next song!!!!
                            pain is weakness leaving tha body
                            ~*RoBiN_cHaRm*~

Comment

Leonard Cozad, Sr.

I have the honor of being around Leonard Cozad Sr my entire life. He was a close friend of my grandmothers and of course I saw him at the majority of gourd dances. He was a true keeper of the Kiowa way. His life will be celebrated as a man who did his best to pass on the traditions of the Kiowa people through their language and song. He was such an inspiration to many people across this country. I will pray for him and his family and join them in celebrating his glorious life. ah ho

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.