Memorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorials

My Dad Passed away Dec 1 2005.He was a member of the Penobscot Indian Tribe In Maine.He would of been 78 on May 6,2006.I live in Indiana but I am so glad I got to be there with My Brothers and Sister in Laws and one of my Neices to tell him how much we loved him before he had to leave us,I had a cd, Songs of the Wabanaki,I played for him.and I know he liked that,cause he loved being a Native American.It was so hard to let him go but we had to.we love and miss him so much,but we now he isn't suffering anymore.We will never forget you Dad or stop loving you.

bigthundersdaughter]My Dad Passed away Dec 1 2005.He was a member of the Penobscot Indian Tribe In Maine.He would of been 78 on May 6,2006.I live in Indiana but I am so glad I got to be there with My Brothers and Sister in Laws and one of my Neices to tell him how much we loved him before he had to leave us,I had a cd, Songs of the Wabanaki,I played for him.and I know he liked that,cause he loved being a Native American.It was so hard to let him go but we had to.we love and miss him so much,but we now he isn't suffering anymore.We will never forget you Dad or stop loving you.
    I also want to leave a Prayer by Bedagi/Big Thunder?Frank T Loring.My Great Great GrandFather
    The Great Spirit is in all things,is in the air that we breathe.The Great Spirit is our Father,but the Earth is our Mother,She nourishes us that which we put in to the ground
    she returns to us.
    Give us Hearts to Understanding,
    Never to take from Creations beauty more than we give.
    Never to destroy wantonly for the furtherance of greed.
    Never to deny to give our hands for building of earths beauty.
    Never to take from her what we cannot use.
    Give us hearts to understand,
    That to destroy earth's music is to create confusion.
    That to wreck her appearance is to blind us to beauty.
    That to callously pollute her fragrance is to make a house of stench.
    That as we care for her she will care for us.
    We have forgotten who we are,We have sought only our own security.
    We have exploited simply for our own ends.We have distorted our own knowledge.
    we have abused our power.
    Great Spirt,whose lands thirst,help us to find the way to refresh your lands
    Great Spirit whose waters are choked with debris and pollution,help up to find the way to cleanse your waters.
    Great Spirit,whose beautiful earth grows ugly fron misuse,help us to find a way to restore beauty to your handiwork.
    Great Spirit,whose creatures are being destoryed,help us to find a way to replenish them.
    Grat Spirit,whose gifts to us are being lost in selfishness and corruption,help us to find a way to restore our humanity.
    Oh,Great Spirit,whose voice I hear in the wind,whose breathe gives life to the World hear me,I need your Strength and Wisdom.
    May I walk in beauty.
    Last edited by bigthundersdaughter; 05-30-2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

WELL I LOST MY LITTLE BROTHER WHEN I WAS 12YRS OLD AND THINKING ABOUT HIM IS SO HARD AND IT HURTS THE FAMILY!! HE LEFT US WHEN HE WAS A WEEK OLD AND WE MISS HIM SO MUCH!! WE WONDER WHY THIS HAPPEN TO US!!
      BUT HEY NO ONE IS PERFECT RIGHT....
      ALWAYZ!!

Comment

Originally posted by EE_2391
        WELL I LOST MY LITTLE BROTHER WHEN I WAS 12YRS OLD AND THINKING ABOUT HIM IS SO HARD AND IT HURTS THE FAMILY!! HE LEFT US WHEN HE WAS A WEEK OLD AND WE MISS HIM SO MUCH!! WE WONDER WHY THIS HAPPEN TO US!!
        BUT HEY NO ONE IS PERFECT RIGHT....
        I am so sorry about your little Brother,Yes it's really hard to understand why somethings happen,I know there is a reason for everything but sometimes it just don't seem fair,special with your loss,God must of needed another Little Angel.My prayers are with you and your Family.bigthundersdaughter

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.