Uncle Harry Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Harry Jack

Here is a copy of some sad news I received recently about a respected elder of the Dine nation. One memory I would like to share about Uncle Jack is remembering him at every pow-wow dancing to all the catagories as exhibition... kids, teens and adults. it always seemed that nothing could stop him and it was always an honor to watch him and dance beside him. I will forever miss you uncle...
    - Steven Bear

Heytannani, Family and Friends...

Today our Uncle Harry Jack left us to join our ancestors and relations in the Spirit world~ Uncle Harry was Dine' of the Towering House People and Edgewater Clan born in where he called Red Rocks, New Mexico. He left us here today, Dec. 26th 2007, in California with his family near. We believe Uncle Harry was approx. 87 years old. Or as he would say every April on his birthday, that he was 18 again!

We don't have any funeral or burial plans to announce at this time. A four day Ceremony has been started this afternoon and will continue again tomorrow approx. at 7pm at Three Rivers Indian Lodge in Man teca, Calif., Friday 5:30 pm approx. and time to be announced for Saturday's Ceremony to end the four day.

I'll send out another email when final arrangements have been made. Feel free to contact me if you need directions/info for Three Rivers Lodge. Uncle's brothers and family near Farmington, Nm and Arizona have been notified and may need help getting to Calif. for services.

We've all suffered a devastating loss today.. and I'm at a pitiful loss for words at this time. As Uncle would say, those that have crossed over are safe in Creator's hands now and it's for the loved ones left behind grieving that we offer our prayers for healing.

May you always walk in beauty~ Ha'gonne'

Peace and Love... Juanita~
    Last edited by Steven_Bear; 01-03-2008, 05:01 PM.

...I got word of Uncle Harry's passing the day after he died.A good friend of mine who volunteers at Three Rivers phoned me with the news.She told me that at last years powwow in Manteca,there was a big to-do over him,and that he was treated like royalty by everyone in attendance.I met him a few years ago when I was living in Sacramento and was in awe of his energy,and his love of dancing.
    May he go in a good way....my condolences to the family and all who knew him well.

Comment

I just got this shortly after I posted the original...

Viewing will be on Thurs., January 3rd. from 3pm to 7pm @ the Chapel of the Palms in Stockton, Ca. address: 303 S. California St. A reception will follow at Uncle's daughter's home, address: 3013 N. Calif. Street, Stockton.

Funeral for Uncle Harry Jack will be on Friday, January 4th at 10:00am at the Chapel of the Palms. A reception/potluck will follow the services at 3 Rivers Indian Lodge, address: 13505 Union Street, Manteca. If you need directions, please, call 3 Rivers @ 209-858-2421.

If you need more info, please feel free to email me or give me a call, 209-744-9334. Also, my son and I may need a ride to the chapel on Thursday if you have space for us.

May you always walk in beauty~ Ha'gonne... Juanita~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.