Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Loving Memory of those who passed on......

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travelingmocs
    As we sit here and go threw the holidays the memories of lost ones fly threw our heads. Some are people we lost long ago, and others we only lost last week or last month. It is hard to think of them and not cry.

I continue to pray for my friends who are in harms way in Iraq, and also for the familys who lost there children there too. I am sheding tears for my father who has been gone almost six years, man seems like only yesterday. Tears are flowing for my Kacu who I lost in August, but really lost years ago with her horrible diease. I am filled with tears know as I also remeber the friends I have lost too over the years.

Thurman Bear
    Nettie Kerchee
    Leon Smith
    Dennis "Hawkeye" Hawkins
    Arlyene Dwire
    Robert Bell Jr.
    Robert Bell Sr.
    Louis Dwire
    Evelyn Volker
    John Bolson
    Mel Simon

There are many others whose names do not come to me right now who have touched my life in some way. But here are a list of people whose names pop out in my head. In some way there touched my life or other peoples life who I am close with. We miss you all.......
    Many of these were friends or relatives. Thank you so much for remembering them.
    Last edited by little sister; 10-01-2004, 11:08 AM.

Comment

In Loving Memory of Tobias "Bio" Shaw!

You passed away one year ago today! We had your memorial yesterday and seeing pictures of you brought back the good times we had and it also brought back my tears.... We love and miss you always. You are in my heart forever!:Angel2 :Angel2
      In Loving Memory of Allen Alberts Sr.
      March 1, 1945 to February 16, 2005
      R.I.P Daddy
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      As long as you keep a person down, some part of you is down there to hold that person down. So you don't soar higher than you want.

~~~CutHead Band of Sioux~~~

~~Native Pride~~

Comment

In Loving Memory of my father John Curtis Franzen (Spirit Track) who passed away October 18th, 2000...RIP Daddy I will always love you!

Comment

In honor of my family and friends that have passed in the last few months....

Baby Boy Richardson
          Lewis French "Luke" Gore
          Derek Lowry
          My Great Uncle Thelbert Richardson

Rest in peace, all my loves. Rest.
          Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

I just lost my mother to lung cancer, March 19, 2004.
            Sylvia Blue (Oyate Wowecaku Win) Woman who feeds the people... She was a strong woman who cooked at the sundance in Pine Ridge, cooked for every inipi ceremony and make sure everyones bellies was full. She was a caring mother, grandmother, wife and greatgrandmother. She will be greatly missed by us all. I will look for you in the spring when the butterflies get their wings......... Love W.

Comment

In Memory of My brother Christopher who passed away in 1996 of AIDS.
              He was the laughter in my eye when I was crying, the Jingle in my step when I could not walk and my confidant for when I wanted to be heard. There wasnt a day when he didnt make me laugh he taught me how to accept and appreciate the things around me, no matter how simple the world seems to the rest of us he always found something in it to love.
              I miss you big brother but I know that you are safe now and no longer do you have to suffer in this world.
              Your sister...... BabyGirl
              AngelFeather

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

undefined

I miss you very much Grandpa Snorky.....

pow-wow this year wasn't the same with you not around.....

love always.......me

Comment

In memory of Vicki Shumate Whalen who passed away 9-9-04.
                  I love and miss you my dearest friend!!!
                  I am only a mixed up purebreed mutt....1/8 Cherokee, 1 drop Shoshone, 1/16 German, 1/16 Irish, a handfull of unknown, and a few parts Hillbilly, mix and shake well...

Comment

Rest.. In ..Peace

My gramps Leonard Stately

My cousin Teann Lyons

See you all later! IM missin you guys. mwuah.

Comment

• :candle: In loving memory :candle:

I have no castle, no earthly kingdom, but my Cabin will do me, untill i get home. My mansions younder, on the hills of glory. oh i hope my mansion sits near God thrown.
                      So Build my Mansion, next door to Jesus and tell the angels. that im comming home..

Uncle Joe Lent Novemeber 2003
                      Alvin Lent March 2004
                      Auntie Elenor Myers March 2004
                      Grampa Richard Moose July 2004 I miss u soo much
                      Jermey Mastagni September 2004
                      Last edited by ~*MisS_SQuish*~; 09-25-2004, 04:47 PM.
                      if I am a reflection of him then I must be fly ~india Arie

Comment

• My cousin Sayra passed away in the late spring of last year. I miss her everyday. She was a type of person that loved to laugh. I didn't get to make it to her funeral. I think of her little sisters and brother as well as her folks. Red Bottom powwow and little shell won't be the same without running into Sayra.

I've had many friends and family that have passed on from an illness such as cancer... I have all those people in my memories and I will greatly miss them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HolyElk
                          In Loving Memory of my Grandma who passed away Dec 1997......... I love her and miss her very much! Glad I grew up living most of my time with her...... She told me stories of the past and about my relatives!

I Miss my dad, Wilferd T. Yallup, deceased March 31, 2004. May the Great Spirit Keep Him and my mom, Laritta Sohappy Yallup deceased 11/27/1983 in his Loving Embrace for Eternity ~ Until we meet again. It's soooo hard to be an adult orphan......
                          [FONT=Garamond]RainbowDreamer

Comment

• Terry Len Goodeagle

In loving memory of Terry Len Goodeagle who passed on Oct. 14, 2004. He is my niece, Shochaytah's, father.
                            We all will miss him - please think about the family at this sad time.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

• To all the grandmothers

I would like to take this opprotunity to remember all the grandmothers in our lives those that have passed beyond this world as well as the ones that we still ahve the pleasure of being in thier presence. Thankyou for your wisdom, your teachings,and your hearts. Without our grandmothers where would we be now, how would we learn the old ways of our people who would comfort us and sacrifice whatever they had to in order to give us life? Thankyou to all grandmothers for all thier devotion and sacrifice that they give to us younger generations.
                              I say this because I did not have the fortune of knowing my biological grandparents but my husbands grandmothers were beautiful women and taught me alot and it was from those women that i learned more about my culture and the importance of family and Ohh the patience in thier hearts!!! Such soft spoken women with strong values and beliefs thankyou Grandmothers for showing me the way.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

• my brother

Lee Lynn Johnson
                                1967-1998

Today would have been my Brothers birthday on 30 Oct. I miss him dearly. He was killed in an auto accident near Dayton, MT on Fathers Day 1998. He was a combat Desert Storm Veteran with the 2nd Marine Division and he was a proud Father of his Daughter Chastity. He is missed greatly by all those who knew him.

R.I.P. Bro and Semper Fi,

Ndnsoldierboy
                                Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 12-14-2004, 08:42 PM.
                                sigpic
                                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.