Grieving Process For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grieving Process For You

What do you do to make grieving bearable? How do you help those you love make it more bearable? I'm trying to help my aunt with the loss of my uncle but I can only hold her hand when she cries I feel useless.

As long as you are there for her I am sure she is fine with that!

I am sure she has probably been on the other side as well, where she tried to comfort someone and felt the way you did.

Grieving is very uncomfortable for everyone involved, just continue to be there as a shoulder to cry on and to try and lift her spirits when she needs it!
    If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

You are doing just fine...

Comment

Yes, you are doing the best thing that you can for her...being there.
        yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

It isn't necessarily the words that comfort, but the simple actions, just being there, and holding her hand.

I've been on both sides of sorrow. There are times words just arn't enough or are too much. A touch, a hug, just hanging on to someone and allowing them their grief, means so much to someone who feels like they are alone.
          I am who I have always been. If you don't like that then you have my permission to leave.
          Yes I am enrolled, and your point is?

Comment

It's not the things you say to a person but how you've made them feel. That's the thing they will always remember. So, I think just your presence and letting you know you care is far more than what you think it is.
            Yep, she's pretty Greazy

Comment

Originally posted by GreezyNdN
              It's not the things you say to a person but how you've made them feel. That's the thing they will always remember. So, I think just your presence and letting you know you care is far more than what you think it is.
              I agree with that. If someone is sad, or going thru hard times in my area or family, I Just try and let them know that I am there for them if they need it:)

Comment

What a sweetie. You are giving the best thing you can possibly give, and that is your time.

My own way of dealing with grief is that I keep my son alive in my conversations in a positive light. Our family celebrated his birthday, its almost like our grief brings us together. Sorta like we do things that woulda made him happy.

Slowly, this is the way that keeps me going, the happy memories. It will be hard for her for a long time, but let her take as long as she needs to.

Comment

You are doing all that you really can do. You are being there and supporting her whether you talk or not... and take it from experience, sometimes better not to talk...

I've had so many friends and loved ones pass away in the last 7 years I've lived in Alaska, and the way I grieve anymore is short. But I have to have closure , I have to say my goodbyes or it will go on and on, and it hurts me more to keep being sad and does the deceased nothing either.
                  For awhile I thought I was getting numb, but then I realised I'm actually getting the closure I need to say goodbye and let them go on and be happy in the next life... why keep being sad for me when they are in a better place and I'll be there too someday?
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Re: Grieving Process For You

Originally posted by dine_darling
                    What do you do to make grieving bearable? How do you help those you love make it more bearable? I'm trying to help my aunt with the loss of my uncle but I can only hold her hand when she cries I feel useless.
                    You are doing more than you know. I just lost my son 14 weeks ago and just knowing people are there for me is a comfort. Also, be a good listener if she needs to talk. There is nothing anyone can say that will make grieving more bearable but just being there will. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel because, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!"
                    Dr. Suess."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X