Gene Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Hall

Sorry to hear about the passing of Gene Hall.

Those of us in the Carolinas know Gene as a trader. He always had a smile ready to greet you when you came to his booth. And he supported all the dances he attended by buying (and usually winning) dozens of raffle tickets.

I've bought many a hank of beads from Gene over the years.

You'll be missed!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Gene was more than a trader. He was a former Fancy dancer and did alot more than sell his wares on the powwow trail. He has assisted many dancers over the years. I personally owe a great deal to Mr. Hall the direction and advise was appreciated. The stories of Woogie and the early years of FF dancin'.
    We have lost alot of knowledge and quite a bit of carrying.
    Thanks Gene,
    I'll never forget the lessons taught and friendship given.
    LS
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." JW

Comment

Originally posted by lostsalt View Post
      Gene was more than a trader. He was a former Fancy dancer and did alot more than sell his wares on the powwow trail. He has assisted many dancers over the years. I personally owe a great deal to Mr. Hall the direction and advise was appreciated. The stories of Woogie and the early years of FF dancin'.
      Thanks Gene,
      I'll never forget the lessons taught and friendship given.
      LS
      I had heard he was a dancer, but I've only known him as a trader.

Amen!
      New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

R.I.P. Gene Hall

My old mind is starting to go...I think.

I wanna say I remember Gene at the powwows in the 70's. I do remember him wanting the same spot at the powwow where I lived. Tried to oblige him all I could.

Some of the best have crossed over. Mr. Pete Clark, Ray Littleturtle, Ms. Adora Clark...Gene Hall.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

I've bought many a hank of beads from Gene over the years.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.