We:wa subject of today's Google Doodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We:wa subject of today's Google Doodle

The subject of today's Google Doodle is We:wa of Zuni. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-8uzqKnXv8&t=8s

Interesting , but I hate stuff like this ! Every Tribe had them , maybe 1 per 50,000 (I'm guessing, as we make very little mention of them) But yes , they existed. And now it's a fad ! Now there are many who claim to be two-spirits and that makes it all right and we're all supposed to just accept them. Bullsh*t The ones in our tribe were specially trained holy people , not lgbtq and whatever other letters they add on there. But things like this is what the lgbtq community use to justify intruding on historically male or female dances. I know my opinions are not those of the p.c. snowflake, tree hugging,cross dressing weirdos , but they are my opinions. Sorry , but I believe that these ways should be kept within each tribe and not shared !
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

I see some men at dances walking like a female, talking like a female, acting female in every way, yet they have eagle bustles, one of them dances gourd.
      Don't sit right.
      When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

I did notice the selection fit with a dominant culture agenda.

I think Walter William's Spirit and the Flesh was seized on by activists in the dominant culture. It seems to me that these activists used scholarly literature on spiritually sanctioned gender role changes in Native cultures just like New Agers used elements of Native ways. They distorted things and used them for their own, non-Indian, needs. And then these things got forced back onto Native people.

Comment

Originally posted by gilisi View Post
          I see some men at dances walking like a female, talking like a female, acting female in every way, yet they have eagle bustles, one of them dances gourd.
          Don't sit right.
          You will not see that in Oklahoma. Gourd Dance is a Man's Dance , period.
          I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
          It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
            I did notice the selection fit with a dominant culture agenda.

I think Walter William's Spirit and the Flesh was seized on by activists in the dominant culture. It seems to me that these activists used scholarly literature on spiritually sanctioned gender role changes in Native cultures just like New Agers used elements of Native ways. They distorted things and used them for their own, non-Indian, needs. And then these things got forced back onto Native people.
            It seems to be the new hierarchy of needs type thing. People are using it to clap back against bigots while disregarding the spiritual aspect, although there are better examples for their purposes.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.