History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History

Can anyone tell me where I can find detailed information on the history or various tribal face painting? I'm looking for designes of face and body paint, the significance and meaning of each, what designs were used by which tribes, family paint, painting occasions, and anything else, including possible time periods for each. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

One red line straight across the face means you are following the red road.

One black line straight up and down means you are following the black road.

Two white lines across your face means you come and go on the white road.

Two green lines up and down your face means you're double environmentally conscience.

Two lines up and down your face coupled with two lines across means you're ready to play tic-tac-toe.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

and if you paint a big purple question mark on your forehaed you don't know what road you are on.....
      Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
        One red line straight across the face means you are following the red road.

One black line straight up and down means you are following the black road.

Two white lines across your face means you come and go on the white road.

Two green lines up and down your face means you're double environmentally conscience.

Two lines up and down your face coupled with two lines across means you're ready to play tic-tac-toe.
        That makes a nice plaid:

art.com artPad

Comment

all brown face paint means you've been rolling in the mud.

Red line over your mouth means you've drank to much strawberry juice.

Blue line over your mouth means you've had one to many snowcones.

Purple line over the forehead means you slept outside and used a rock for a pillow...hopefully you win the next contest and can buy a tent, sleeping bag and pillow

Comment

You people up there ^^^^ got a funny way of telling people they ask STUPID questions!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

A dark purple circle means your cyphening sp?? hose was too BIG!! Dark red circles on your forehead means you shouldn't have been showing off with that extra powerful suction cup!!
              "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

We won't even talk about what red marks on your neck mean!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                  We won't even talk about what red marks on your neck mean!

Comment

For females:

Black circles around eyes means its time for new mascara.

For males:

One black circle around your eyes means your wife found out....

Two black circles around your eyes means your girlfriend found out that your wife found out.

Comment

black and blue marks on you means you fell out of your chair laughing at our answers....
                      Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

You dudes are freakin' hilarious. Buncha cold hearted ndns anyway.

Comment

WhoMe:

May I quote your first post on another forum? I want to show off my drawing, but it won't make any sense without your description.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                            WhoMe:

May I quote your first post on another forum? I want to show off my drawing, but it won't make any sense without your description.

Thanks!

beeee myyyyyy guesssssst*

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X