Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would these moccasins be cool for a guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRADISHDNCR View Post
    Looks like a hobbyist gathering to me. We had a guy that came to Pow Wows here in Vegas for years that wore those knee-high deals and a buffalo horn headdress and carried a viking style shield and 7 foot spear. He told everyone his "indian" name was "Dancing Buffalo" .....we just shook our heads and figured it was more like "Prancing Cow" . He basically got walked off the Arena. Depending on what kind of dance you are at will determine how these types of people are dealt with. Sadly these people are finding more of a foothold in many communities.
    I agree with you Tradishdncr. I was at Red Earth this year and during the drum competition there were these mountain men/????/ I don't know what the heck they were people.We couldn't see the competition from our seats because they were crowded around everywhere. Anyway. Have a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by TRADISHDNCR View Post
      Looks like a hobbyist gathering to me. We had a guy that came to Pow Wows here in Vegas for years that wore those knee-high deals and a buffalo horn headdress and carried a viking style shield and 7 foot spear. He told everyone his "indian" name was "Dancing Buffalo" .....we just shook our heads and figured it was more like "Prancing Cow" . He basically got walked off the Arena. Depending on what kind of dance you are at will determine how these types of people are dealt with. Sadly these people are finding more of a foothold in many communities.
      Sounds like his name should have been "Walking Eagle" - so full of crap that he can't fly, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
        Sounds like his name should have been "Walking Eagle" - so full of crap that he can't fly, LOL!
        Yes,I agree to that.

Comment

Makizin question.

I see hipsters wearing Minnetonka’s all the time nowadays. I'm always makin fun of them. I thought about wearing my fully beaded ones downtown just to show em up.

As far as wearing tribal specific mocs, it doesn't matter. I'm woodland Anish but the pucker toe style isn't my favorite. I have the plains style with Ojibwa patterns beaded on em, That seems to me what many dancers are doing.
          Niin sa, Chi anung

Comment

Funny enough the other day I saw a hipster girl wearing Navajo mocs like those while riding to class. They didn't actually look to bad, just was odd to see them out of context. I see they're sellin them online.
            Cariblanguage.org

Comment

edit
              Last edited by Wolfn; 10-15-2009, 11:13 PM.
              Agent of Chaos

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.