Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would these moccasins be cool for a guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfn
    replied
    edit
    Last edited by Wolfn; 10-15-2009, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kgirl7
    replied
    Funny enough the other day I saw a hipster girl wearing Navajo mocs like those while riding to class. They didn't actually look to bad, just was odd to see them out of context. I see they're sellin them online.

Leave a comment:

• anishinabealltheway
    replied
    Makizin question.

I see hipsters wearing Minnetonka’s all the time nowadays. I'm always makin fun of them. I thought about wearing my fully beaded ones downtown just to show em up.

As far as wearing tribal specific mocs, it doesn't matter. I'm woodland Anish but the pucker toe style isn't my favorite. I have the plains style with Ojibwa patterns beaded on em, That seems to me what many dancers are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Harland Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
    Sounds like his name should have been "Walking Eagle" - so full of crap that he can't fly, LOL!
    Yes,I agree to that.

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    Originally posted by TRADISHDNCR View Post
    Looks like a hobbyist gathering to me. We had a guy that came to Pow Wows here in Vegas for years that wore those knee-high deals and a buffalo horn headdress and carried a viking style shield and 7 foot spear. He told everyone his "indian" name was "Dancing Buffalo" .....we just shook our heads and figured it was more like "Prancing Cow" . He basically got walked off the Arena. Depending on what kind of dance you are at will determine how these types of people are dealt with. Sadly these people are finding more of a foothold in many communities.
    Sounds like his name should have been "Walking Eagle" - so full of crap that he can't fly, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Harland Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by TRADISHDNCR View Post
    Looks like a hobbyist gathering to me. We had a guy that came to Pow Wows here in Vegas for years that wore those knee-high deals and a buffalo horn headdress and carried a viking style shield and 7 foot spear. He told everyone his "indian" name was "Dancing Buffalo" .....we just shook our heads and figured it was more like "Prancing Cow" . He basically got walked off the Arena. Depending on what kind of dance you are at will determine how these types of people are dealt with. Sadly these people are finding more of a foothold in many communities.
    I agree with you Tradishdncr. I was at Red Earth this year and during the drum competition there were these mountain men/????/ I don't know what the heck they were people.We couldn't see the competition from our seats because they were crowded around everywhere. Anyway. Have a good one.

Leave a comment:

• Harland Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
    Well, it's the only Pow-Wow around here. I figured it's better than nothing.
    You bet Wolfn.Learn all you can.Talk to as many dancers as you can male and female.Read up on the subject.Even at my age, a person is never too old to learn something. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied
    Edit
    Last edited by Wolfn; 10-15-2009, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Harland Jones
    replied
    I'm part Native American (Ojibwe Tribe) and I'm getting in touch with my roots. I would really like to start wearing some moccasins in public because I really like the style and they are really comfortable.

What would you think if you saw a guy wearing these moccasins with blue jeans a t-shirt?

Hi Wolfn,
    If you ever get a chance to come out west go to Red Earth here in Okc OK or Gathering of the Nations in New Mexico These are really good Pow Wows in the southern plains.There are many good Pow Wows up in South Dakota,Montana,North Dakota,Wyoming well you know nothern plains also. You will have to just check them out sometime with you and your family.Enjoy !!!!! POW WOW IDOL POW WOW IDOL POW WOW IDOL

Leave a comment:

• TRADISHDNCR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuzzeQ4
    replied
    wow, Conditioner may be a good gift for that hair. So you gonna try out a different kind of powwow? And have you check the geneology forum on here yet?

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied
    Edit
    Last edited by Wolfn; 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuzzeQ4
    replied
    Nope. That's her hair.
    Is it real?

Leave a comment:

• SuzzeQ4
    replied
    Wolfin hon, you were not at a powwow, you were at a gathering of white people playing powwow. Now normally this would be a nasty post from me but I KNOW where you are coming from cuz I was adopted too. You need to find your roots.. Canadian adoptions all got opened this year. Figure it out. Also, only got to functions where there are lots of Natives and 2 whites (not the other way around). Those white wannabes they will take a kid like you and put you on a pedistal. Not because your Native, because your a Native who doesn't know anything yet and they need someone like you to make them look more creditable. I have seen it happen. Everything that was lost to you in adoption, you can get back but it will take lotsa time. The good news is, it is worth the wait. Maybe someone from here in your area can give you a hand. For starters I am giving you a number for CAS (children's aid society) in canada to find out how to get your records (cuz I remember you sayin you were from canada)
    (613) 747-7800 This number is for Ottawa (the capital)
    If you were from Ontario, this site is how to apply for records and info:
    Access to Adoption Records Act - Ontario.ca

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied
    Edit
    Last edited by Wolfn; 10-15-2009, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.