Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Feathers

-
    Last edited by blueberry111; 08-12-2015, 02:24 PM.

Did you show them your papers ? How do you know they were thrown away ?

I've never been questioned but I always keep a copy of my CDIB and feather permit with the feathers , another in each vehicle , and 1 in my wallet.IF anyone ever questions it and I produce these documents proving the legality, and they try to take them , there would be a huge fight.
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

[QUOTE=wardancer;1601593]Did you show them your papers ? How do you know they were thrown away ?

Comment

Wow, I did not realize that Eagle feathers and Hawk feathers were very important as opposed to having them used sacred feathers for Powwows and special ceremonies.

I could not imagine how you went through with the police arrest and handcuff and not bring the feathers to you if you had show the papers to them. I am so sorry this happen to you. This is new to me. We never had that problem. My family member (my nephew) used other kind of feathers that were not Eagle and/or Hawk feathers to make prayer shields with fake Eagle feathers. He gave me one (the shield).

If my nephew had found real Eagle feathers on the grounds but need to have papers to prove this is the real Eagle Feathers. So far he had not found one or more of Eagle feathers. So that is rare. Yes, it is illegal to have real Eagle feathers. I don't know about real Hawk feathers. Very scary when you found that you are being arrested by the police officers. **sad**
        Last edited by DeafElderWoman; 06-24-2014, 03:51 AM.
        Gegiibishedjig (Deaf Person)

Comment

Originally posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
          Wow, I did not realize that Eagle feathers and Hawk feathers were very important as opposed to having them used sacred feathers for Powwows and special ceremonies.

I could not imagine how you went through with the police arrest and handcuff and not bring the feathers to you if you had show the papers to them. I am so sorry this happen to you. This is new to me. We never had that problem. My family member (my nephew) used other kind of feathers that were not Eagle and/or Hawk feathers to make prayer shields with fake Eagle feathers. He gave me one (the shield).

If my nephew had found real Eagle feathers on the grounds but need to have papers to prove this is the real Eagle Feathers. So far he had not found one or more of Eagle feathers. So that is rare. Yes, it is illegal to have real Eagle feathers. I don't know about real Hawk feathers. Very scary when you found that you are being arrested by the police officers. **sad**
          -

Comment

So , give us the rest of the story......what "mis-understanding" put you in a position to be handcuffed and what gave the arresting officers cause to not listen to you?
            I've always been taught that if you don't care for your feathers as you should , then your feathers will leave you.I'm proud to say I've never lost a feather !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
              So , give us the rest of the story......what "mis-understanding" put you in a position to be handcuffed and what gave the arresting officers cause to not listen to you?
              I've always been taught that if you don't care for your feathers as you should , then your feathers will leave you.I'm proud to say I've never lost a feather !
              ;
              Last edited by blueberry111; 08-12-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

-

Comment

Originally posted by Mato-Zi-Win View Post
                  Back to topic, is there any possible way of retrieving?
                  Wasn't trying to accuse. Now you've given the rest of the story though.
                  Contact the arresting officer and explain to him the situation. If that doesn't get you anywhere , go to his supervisor.(have your paperwork/permits) Sorry to say but if that doesn't work then you are probably out of luck.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                    Wasn't trying to accuse. Now you've given the rest of the story though.
                    Contact the arresting officer and explain to him the situation. If that doesn't get you anywhere , go to his supervisor.(have your paperwork/permits) Sorry to say but if that doesn't work then you are probably out of luck.
                    =
                    Last edited by blueberry111; 08-12-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I made an alter of feathers in the woods along side of a stream hanging in a tree many years ago. All were found from different places. At the time I didn't consider anyone ever finding them, but whenever I think of them, it brings joy to my spirit. I still wonder what it would be like to find something like that.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.