My Mothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mothers

Copyright 2012 - all rights reserved (Thank you yaahl lol)

I don't expect you to understand
    I expect you to scoff and shake you head
    But if not for a pair of women
    I would more than likely be dead

My "mother" was never a mother
    A fake, a sham, an imposter to be precise
    Though she did carry me
    She was anything but loving and nice

Maternal instincts lost in her mind
    Some people were just never meant to be mothers
    But before you take pity upon this young man
    Know that he has found love with others

I've been adopted by two amazing women
    One a Tsi agli one as Italian as can be
    Show me the things she never did
    Never condemning they love me for me

She failed, they won
    They are my mothers who take away pain
    They catch me when I fall
    Treat me like a son simple and plain

Hope it's not too angsty... Tired to make it as less as possible. Again I don't expect you to understand... but it works for the three of us.
    Last edited by Cinkala; 02-29-2012, 03:43 PM.
    It is what it is. I am who I am. I say what I say. I think what I think. I love what I love.

it's good I like it. I wasn't raised by my mother either. She was too busy drinking and leaving us behind. There was four of us. California DHS found us living in an alley. I don't know where she was. We got shipped to a foster home and then my aunt Merle found out and she came down from Northern California to pick us up. When my other Aunt Rhoda got out of prison, she picked us up and she is the person that I call mother.

My real mother is still alive, she's out there but I still haven't found it in me to forgive her, much less talk to her. I blame her for many things that happened to me and I guess I still punish her for what she did. My older brother tries to intervene but I won't listen to him...probably more than you wanted to know...eh?
    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
      probably more than you wanted to know...eh?
      No, it's actually good to know that there's somebody else who gets what I'm talking about. I'm sorry about what happened with you and your mother.

But, like me, you've found a mother in some one else. And one could argue that that is your REAL mother :).
      It is what it is. I am who I am. I say what I say. I think what I think. I love what I love.

Comment

lol I argue it all the time...!!! Until she does something mean and then I'm like to my sister, oh yeah, your mother said...hahahaha. I guess that's just part of being human.
        sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Sorry to hear your Mom's weren't there for either of you! I could never have walked away from kids! My Mom tried to abort me.....I'm here and strong!

Glad to hear you both had someone that was a Mom to you!

It was a really good poem!!!

Comment

[MENTION=131531]Cinkala[/MENTION] You are so right about how some women do not deserve to be mothers....It is truly a gift and blessing to be able to give life....Im happy for you that you have found love....love comes in all shapes in sizes...you were fortunate enough to find in two women...that is greatness!

and I agree....great poetry of expression!
            Last edited by cris_neva; 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM. Reason: added mention
            Be strong, but not rude.
            Be kind, but not weak.
            Be bold, but don't bully.
            Be humble, but not shy.
            Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

and [MENTION=25641]Chevy_truckin_NDN[/MENTION]...I have a new found respect for you! I now understand your tuff exterior. Just like I said at Cinkala, Im happy that you have the love of others and not everyones Mother is biological...that is not what matters in the end...a mother is someone who is there to give guidance and be that love and support....biological or not! So glad you both arent letting an obstacle like this hold you back...Kuddos to you both!
              Be strong, but not rude.
              Be kind, but not weak.
              Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Originally posted by Stands Alone View Post
                Sorry to hear your Mom's weren't there for either of you! I could never have walked away from kids! My Mom tried to abort me.....I'm here and strong!

Glad to hear you both had someone that was a Mom to you!

It was a really good poem!!!
                If it means anything... I'm glad she didn't.

And thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by cris_neva View Post
                  and [MENTION=25641]Chevy_truckin_NDN[/MENTION]...I have a new found respect for you! I now understand your tuff exterior. Just like I said at Cinkala, Im happy that you have the love of others and not everyones Mother is biological...that is not what matters in the end...a mother is someone who is there to give guidance and be that love and support....biological or not! So glad you both arent letting an obstacle like this hold you back...Kuddos to you both!
                  :) Thank you very much.

I hope you liked the poem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinkala View Post
                    :) Thank you very much.

I hope you liked the poem.

I did enjoy....made me think of the past week I spent with my dad and his wife...they are raising 4 of their grandkids...they are 13, 11, 9, and 6...the oldest 2 are boys and the youngest 2 are girls....I myself have a 13 yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter....so in the same age range...I feel for my dad and other mom...they took the kids in because their mom is in and out of jail and into drugs and partying....the kids are at a ruff age...that teen rebellious age and the girls are still little that they crave attention....so when I was down I made sure to spend time with them...Im a young mother and I remember I was loving and hugging on my daughter...everytime she walked passed me I give her a hug and kiss and I tell her how pretty she is....I saw the 6 year old watching and I called her over and gave her a big hug and kiss....anytime I hugged or kissed my little ones I made sure to do the same to them....the boys too....I sat down and played checkers with them...got on the floor and played and wrestled around...that is my son's fave...trying to wrestle me......It made me sad but happy that I could help to try to show them Im not your mom but Im here and I love you guys!

I enjoy being a mother and thank God everyday for blessing me with two of the most amazing little beings Ive ever met....they light up my life and bring me joy...unexplainable joy and they make my heart smile everyday!

Sorry for the long post...I do like to ramble...
                    Last edited by cris_neva; 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM.
                    Be strong, but not rude.
                    Be kind, but not weak.
                    Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

I did enjoy....made me think of the past week I spent with my dad and his wife...they are raising 4 of their grandkids...they are 13, 11, 9, and 6...the oldest 2 are boys and the youngest 2 are girls....I myself have a 13 yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter....so in the same age range...I feel for my dad and other mom...they took the kids in because their mom is in and out of jail and into drugs and partying....the kids are at a ruff age...that teen rebellious age and the girls are still little that they crave attention....so when I was down I made sure to spend time with them...Im a young mother and I remember I was loving and hugging on my daughter...everytime she walked passed me I give her a hug and kiss and I tell her how pretty she is....I saw the 6 year old watching and I called her over and gave her a big hug and kiss....anytime I hugged or kissed my little ones I made sure to do the same to them....the boys too....I sat down and played checkers with them...got on the floor and played and wrestled around...that is my son's fave...trying to wrestle me......It made me sad but happy that I could help to try to show them Im not your mom but Im here and I love you guys!

I enjoy being a mother and thank God everyday for blessing me with two of the most amazing little beings Ive ever met....they light up my life and bring me joy...unexplainable joy and they make my heart smile everyday!

Sorry for the long post...I do like to ramble...
                      No, no sorry, that was a beautiful story.

I'm glad you have such a beautiful relationship with your children.

Comment

No, no sorry, that was a beautiful story.

I'm glad you have such a beautiful relationship with your children.
                        If I had money, I would so adopt!!

I love kids...when I was younger fresh out of high school, I had a summer job at a local church that was also a local food bank....they had a free local daycare inside the church for kids to come and have a safe place to hang out and eat...so many little kids touched my life that summer....I think there wasn't a day I came home with a dry eye...I hated leaving them at the end of the day...I often wonder what ever happen to some of them...I remember they all use to call me miss cris...they were all ages and I absolutely loved every minute of that job!

I also worked at a local fun zone called Discovery Zone one summer, it was like a chucky cheese but way better...LOL...I remember seeing the kids faces light up as they walked in the doors...I love working with kids and love all children....so much that I changed my major in college from Criminal Justice to elementary education...I ended up getting a good job with the state and never went into education, but the older I get the more I think of a career change! I would love to teach pre-k or Kindergarten....that is such a fun age!! Well here I go rambling again...
                        Be strong, but not rude.
                        Be kind, but not weak.
                        Be humble, but not shy.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

If I had money, I would so adopt!!

I love kids...when I was younger fresh out of high school, I had a summer job at a local church that was also a local food bank....they had a free local daycare inside the church for kids to come and have a safe place to hang out and eat...so many little kids touched my life that summer....I think there wasn't a day I came home with a dry eye...I hated leaving them at the end of the day...I often wonder what ever happen to some of them...I remember they all use to call me miss cris...they were all ages and I absolutely loved every minute of that job!

I also worked at a local fun zone called Discovery Zone one summer, it was like a chucky cheese but way better...LOL...I remember seeing the kids faces light up as they walked in the doors...I love working with kids and love all children....so much that I changed my major in college from Criminal Justice to elementary education...I ended up getting a good job with the state and never went into education, but the older I get the more I think of a career change! I would love to teach pre-k or Kindergarten....that is such a fun age!! Well here I go rambling again...
                          Oh how very rich you are Ms Neva! I can hear the love for children dripping from your post!
                          I am usually a very private person....sigh...but I have to say this so others like yourself hear this.
                          When I was a child I was removed from my family.(I would like to keep the details to myself)I was so very angry about the circumstances that my childhood behavior was atrocious.I struggled so hard emotionally that no one wanted to take me in as a foster child and I was not eligible for adoption because I was deemed "unlovable." That word was actually in my records and social services told me so. Today that would be considered unethical but that is not the point.
                          I would have given anything to have had anyone step up for me and want to be my parent. But no one did.
                          There are many ways to measure wealth.If anyone gave me a choice between lots of money or a family with little money~I would have taken the family.
                          Because you love~you are rich and have much to offer.

Comment

I don't expect you to understand
                            I expect you to scoff and shake you head
                            But if not for a pair of women
                            I would more than likely be dead

My "mother" was never a mother
                            A fake, a sham, an imposter to be precise
                            Though she did carry me
                            She was anything but loving and nice

Maternal instincts lost in her mind
                            Some people were just never meant to be mothers
                            But before you take pity upon this young man
                            Know that he has found love with others

I've been adopted by two amazing women
                            One a Tsi agli one as Italian as can be
                            Show me the things she never did
                            Never condemning they love me for me

She failed, they won
                            They are my mothers who take away pain
                            They catch me when I fall
                            Treat me like a son simple and plain

Hope it's not too angsty... Tired to make it as less as possible. Again I don't expect you to understand... but it works for the three of us.
                            This is beautiful! Thankyou for sharing with us!!

Comment

If it means anything... I'm glad she didn't.

And thank you very much.

I'm glad she didn't either!!You have real talent for poetry, letting your words tell your story!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.