My Mothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stands Alone View Post
    I'm glad she didn't either!!You have real talent for poetry, letting your words tell your story!!!!
    Really? Thank you, I've never really done poetry till about now lol.
    It is what it is. I am who I am. I say what I say. I think what I think. I love what I love.

Comment

Originally posted by comadre View Post
      This is beautiful! Thankyou for sharing with us!!
      :)
      It is what it is. I am who I am. I say what I say. I think what I think. I love what I love.

Comment

Originally posted by comadre View Post
        Oh how very rich you are Ms Neva! I can hear the love for children dripping from your post!
        I am usually a very private person....sigh...but I have to say this so others like yourself hear this.
        When I was a child I was removed from my family.(I would like to keep the details to myself)I was so very angry about the circumstances that my childhood behavior was atrocious.I struggled so hard emotionally that no one wanted to take me in as a foster child and I was not eligible for adoption because I was deemed "unlovable." That word was actually in my records and social services told me so. Today that would be considered unethical but that is not the point.
        I would have given anything to have had anyone step up for me and want to be my parent. But no one did.
        There are many ways to measure wealth.If anyone gave me a choice between lots of money or a family with little money~I would have taken the family.
        Because you love~you are rich and have much to offer.
        I'm so sorry to hear that. No one is "unlovable" in my opinion.
        Last edited by Cinkala; 02-29-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cris_neva View Post
          Well here I go rambling again...
          Lol, nah. I don't think you're rambling (shrug).

Comment

Originally posted by Cinkala View Post
            I'm so sorry to hear that. No one is "unlovable" in my opinion.
            It's ok. I am a very loving gal and know I am. Not to mention I have through the years overcome and now those wounds are sacred ones. So no feeling sorry.
            I do however stress the continued need for native foster homes and adoption for those who can love a kid that otherwise would not have have it.
            Cinkala you shared the difference that it makes. Thanks for that and chevy thanks for sharing too!It brings encouragement to those who are caring for children who need a home.

Comment

I love this thread! Cinkala, your poetry is beautiful and I'd like to add a bit of professional advice... always put the copyright symbol on your original works and date it with something like this...

Copyright 2011 - all rights reserved. I'd hate to see your work ripped off.

Cris, you are right up there at being the mommy of the year in my books.. and comadre... consider yourself adopted and loved. I always have room in my heart for one more person to love.
              A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                I love this thread! Cinkala, your poetry is beautiful and I'd like to add a bit of professional advice... always put the copyright symbol on your original works and date it with something like this...

Copyright 2011 - all rights reserved. I'd hate to see your work ripped off.

Cris, you are right up there at being the mommy of the year in my books.. and comadre... consider yourself adopted and loved. I always have room in my heart for one more person to love.
                Thank you. And thank you very much for the advice, I just put it on there.

Comment

I've written a couple more I just don't want to flood the thread tab. That's why I haven't posted them...

What do you all think I should do?

Btw thank you all very much for the feedback I really appreciate it :).

Comment

.. and comadre... consider yourself adopted and loved. I always have room in my heart for one more person to love.
                    AAWWW yaahl...bless you my friend...I'm honored to be loved by you! You know I come with a friend named Tonto right?
                    LOL.

Originally posted by Cinkala View Post
                    I've written a couple more I just don't want to flood the thread tab. That's why I haven't posted them...

What do you all think I should do?

Btw thank you all very much for the feedback I really appreciate it :).
                    cinkala~by all means post away what ever you want to share. you started this thread!I'll keep checking for more!

Comment

Aww....THANK YOU for your kind words!!
                      Be strong, but not rude.
                      Be kind, but not weak.
                      Be bold, but don't bully.
                      Be humble, but not shy.
                      Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.