We can talk to them in person or on the phone
    We need to show love when people are down
    When they call for help we need to be around
    When we fall we can be picked up again

Even though it can be rough
    Sometimes we feel as if we are living a ternible life
    That's when you lean of a friend to feel all right
    Friendship is what friendship does
    And what it means is unconditional love.
    An expert is someone who has succeeded in
    making decisions and judgments simpler through knowing what to pay attention to
    and what to ignore.

Originally posted by Holly35 View Post
    Whan everything has gone wrong
    And you don't know what to do
    You can call a friend to help you through
    We all need a friend when we get lost or feel alone

We can talk to them in person or on the phone
    We need to show love when people are down
    When they call for help we need to be around
    When we fall we can be picked up again

Very nice!
    Last edited by Stands Alone; 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM. Reason: it's already in creative writing....lol

Comment

Wado for the nice comment on my poem I love too write poems I write what I feel in my heart.
      and what to ignore.

Comment

I've never liked chick flicks. If there aren't cool guns and explosions in a movie, I won't go see it. If evil dudes or a race of E.T.s don't get seriously blown away, it's just not fun to me.

If anyone shows emotion in a movie, it's the celebration that all the enemy is dead and there's just time for winding up the loose ends and some kind of parade for the heroes.

So you see, I'm not a mushy person. In fact, I'm militantly anti-mush, but I have to admit that I am a sucker for a poem. If it rhymes, I'll read it. I do it every time.

Whether it is a nun from Nantucket or Sylvia Plath writing about blowing her brains out with a revolver, I'll read it every time with interest.

Good work. Poems are not easy to write.

Comment

Thanks so much Docat!! your right poems are not easy too write but I can say that me and others that write poems have a gift too give too other's. And that is shareing our hearts and souls I will write another one later tonight again thanks.
          and what to ignore.

Comment

Thanks so much Docat!! your right poems are not easy too write but I can say that me and others that write poems have a gift too give too other's. And that is shareing our hearts and souls I will write another one later tonight again thanks.
            When you aren't busy, can you do one with aliens, explosions and cool guns (like a VULCAN cannon!)? Mass carnage is a plus! LOL

Yep, it's a gift. Some have it and some don't. I don't, but I DO appreciate poetry of all kinds...but if there were a few casualties, I'd like that kind too!

Comment

Originally posted by docat View Post
              When you aren't busy, can you do one with aliens, explosions and cool guns (like a VULCAN cannon!)? Mass carnage is a plus! LOL

Yep, it's a gift. Some have it and some don't. I don't, but I DO appreciate poetry of all kinds...but if there were a few casualties, I'd like that kind too!

Oh my see I will not write any poems that have too do with any kind of casualties it is not in my nature too write bad stuff. It is in my nature too write good things not write violent stuff. I hope I did not make you upset over this I hope you understand what iam saying.
              and what to ignore.

Comment

Oh my see I will not write any poems that have too do with any kind of casualties it is not in my nature too write bad stuff. It is in my nature too write good things not write violent stuff. I hope I did not make you upset over this I hope you understand what iam saying.
                No, I understand. You are right. If the muse for that isn't there, then you can't write it. I like all kinds though and will like any that you write, but if violence would work for you, it would probably work the same way as in the movies... like killing aliens. LOL

Violence isn't always bad stuff. Shakespeare wrote of violence. He jumped out of established comfort zones in his poetry. It happens sometimes. Well, just in case the idea ever floated by, I thought I'd mention it.

Comment

No, I understand. You are right. If the muse for that isn't there, then you can't write it. I like all kinds though and will like any that you write, but if violence would work for you, it would probably work the same way as in the movies... like killing aliens. LOL

Violence isn't always bad stuff. Shakespeare wrote of violence. He jumped out of established comfort zones in his poetry. It happens sometimes. Well, just in case the idea ever floated by, I thought I'd mention it.
                  Docat people that write poems with violence in it means for one they are not well and two that is all they see. See poetry is something that comes from the heart and soul that is how I see it. And if someone how like's too write violence in there poetry well too me that person does not see nothing but violence and that is very scary lol. I love too write about love and love too write holiday poems and poems about animals and people. That is what I write good things coming from my heart and soul.
                  and what to ignore.

Comment

[SIZE="3"]When you aren't busy, can you do one with aliens, explosions and cool guns (like a VULCAN cannon!)? Mass carnage is a plus! LOL
                    Vulcan mind meld! Then we can all share thoughts, emotions, and experiences from past powwows! A Vulcan-inspired poem would be so cool

Comment

Originally posted by Fang View Post
                      Vulcan mind meld! Then we can all share thoughts, emotions, and experiences from past powwows! A Vulcan-inspired poem would be so cool

FANG UNDERSTANDS!!!! YES! I was beginning to think perhaps I am considered unbalanced.

If Fang likes the idea, I'm not totally gone.

Comment

FANG UNDERSTANDS!!!! YES! I was beginning to think perhaps I am considered unbalanced.

If Fang likes the idea, I'm not totally gone.
                        Pfft I'm a totally nutter, so don't base your sanity off mine

How about a poem about tribbles? Live long and prosper!

Comment

Originally posted by Fang View Post

How about a poem about tribbles? Live long and prosper!
                          Holy cats! That would be SO PROFOUND!

Comment

Docat people that write poems with violence in it means for one they are not well and two that is all they see. See poetry is something that comes from the heart and soul that is how I see it. And if someone how like's too write violence in there poetry well too me that person does not see nothing but violence and that is very scary lol. I love too write about love and love too write holiday poems and poems about animals and people. That is what I write good things coming from my heart and soul.
                            Ive seen some out there poetry but it comes from inside who cares if others dont get it it is good for the person creating it.
                            I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Poetry is an expression of someone's feelings, doesn't mean if someone writes about violence they are violent people or messed up! I have read poetry about a child's abuse, very violent words used, terrible things done to the child... but doesn't mean the author was violent...they were sending a message. Poetry does not always have to be about love, it is the way a poet gets their message across in lyrical way.
                              Last edited by Stands Alone; 04-04-2013, 01:22 PM. Reason: left out a word

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X