Shaking my head once again???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking my head once again???

I just spent the last 2 days at a Pow wow. Once again the same people won, after putting really not much effort into it. This happens alot especially with this person. They either sit on their reagalia most the time so to speak or just walk around when an Intertribal comes. While others dance their hearts out. One of the things that bothers me the most is the atittude after. Humble would deffinately not be the word. My question is how many of you see the same thing over and over where you are from.
    ClothDancer02

It happens, it's gonna happen again & again. Don't worry about it. Just dance.

It'll tear your heart out. (ayyee) j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Barb View Post
      I just spent the last 2 days at a Pow wow. Once again the same people won, after putting really not much effort into it. This happens alot especially with this person. They either sit on their reagalia most the time so to speak or just walk around when an Intertribal comes. While others dance their hearts out. One of the things that bothers me the most is the atittude after. Humble would deffinately not be the word. My question is how many of you see the same thing over and over where you are from.

Okay, some dancers have kids or other halves to take care of. If they show up in time fully dressed for grand entry and make their spotchecks and fulfill their contest points. There shouldn't be any complaining. Just worry about your own self, remember the tip, safety pins and duct tape.

Comment

By the way,we all can't be docile and humble. There have to be others who are arrogant and deceitful. This puts us in a position to be better at life.

Comment

some people are humble enough for the rest of us, so we can be arrogant and conceited. ayyeee
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

You probably aren't the only one who notices that kind of behavior. Some contests can be keen to watch, and yes, you do see people dancing like they'd rather be somewhere else during intertribals then come all alive and look all stern and dance hard when they contest.

I guess I don't have anything to add , buh.

Comment

As stated above--it happens and it will happen. There's not much you can do about that but dance the best that you can. Don't worry about their dancing, just take care of your own.

Comment

Thank you all. You are right the lights just came back on so to speak. For those of you who know what the Serenity Prayer is it pretty much says it all. Thanks again.

Live to Dance/Dance to Live
                ClothDancer02

Comment

I have

I have seen this happen many times and it's not fair. Like you said, they don't put much effort into it because they know they will win. They have friends that are the judges.

Originally posted by Barb View Post
                  2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

When you are only being judged on your contest song, this is going to happen. You are not getting judged on your intertribal participation (other than a spotcheck). I hear complaints like this all the time. But as long as people are going to be judged on their few contest songs, it's going to continue to happen. And what may seem like a person who always wins not putting that much effort into their dancing, may just be someone who is so dang smooth they make it look effortless. Or, the others dance that much worse. Or maybe people should stop picking the same old judges who pick the same old winners.
                    ScarryWolf

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X