Need help to get a powwow in my city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to get a powwow in my city

Hello, I would like to see a powwow come to the town in which I live.
    I've been living here for a little over a year, and checking Powwows.com for info. As far as I know, there hasn't been any powwows here in a long time. I am not Indigenous, but my spirit and heart are completely in sync with traditional Native values. I attend several powwows a year, and want to start one in my city. Since I am white,I would prefer someone who is Native to either help me (in depth), or to use me as they start the process. Does anyone have resources I can tap into, or perhaps a specific group or person that will come to my aid?
    Thank you, and blessings! Katsy Ann

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Violet Belle
    Would like to attend a Powwow this year
    by Violet Belle
    Hi. I just joined this site tonight after being referred to it by the owner of a Native American group I am a member of on Facebook. I told the group about an encounter I had as a small child that involved Native American's and one of the things the owner suggested is that I attend a Powwow this year...
    03-12-2011, 05:42 AM
  • tohani
    To Start Again
    by tohani
    Hi, I'm here because I know I need the support in battling to dance again for years now. I'm 33 years old and I have always been taught the old ways, our values and being a strong native woman. I have the tools, the resources, the passion but I need a boost here. I was brought up in the pow-wow circle...
    03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
  • Daffodildeb
    Am I allowed to participate in pow-wows?
    by Daffodildeb
    Halito, Everyone!

This is my first time posting.

I am 1/4 Mississippi Choctaw and 3/4 Creole (African and French). I am what most would call a "Black Indian."

I would LOVE to honor my Choctaw ancestors by wearing my Choctaw regalia and...
    09-02-2007, 09:12 PM
  • Thobias
    asking for permission, to participate in a powwow
    by Thobias
    Hi! im new to this forum
    A little about myself first,
    i am a swede ,i was born in sweden,
    and ever since i was a child, i have always been interested in native american culture and life,
    in 2004 i moved to Los Angeles, where my wife is born, we got married in 2006, and we...
    09-17-2007, 03:18 AM
  • Vigalante
    Travelling to Millington Tn soon
    by Vigalante
    My Dad and I will be travelling to Millington Tn Soon from Ohio to attend the Pow-wow taken place there August the 16th and 17th of this year. All Of the Pow-wows I have been to in Ohio have been just ok not as Awesome as the ones that take place in the South as well as out West. Haven't been to any...
    05-19-2014, 04:47 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X