Sci-Fi movie discussion board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always loved sci/fi!!!
    Absolutley Love 'Aliens',well,all of them really..
    Never ever get tired of seeing any of the 'Star Wars'movies they're classic's..
    There was a movie i saw on the t.v a few years ago now,pretty gory too,think it was called 'mindwarp'??
    Ice Pirates is quite funny..lol..
    When i was really really little,i was aloud to stay up later than usual to watch' V ',dont know weather it was because i was up late or that the programme was awsome..lol..xx
    keep what you got
    by givin' it all away
    remember where you came from
    nobody or anythin' gonna get in your way

'Ian Brown'

Comment

i dont know if it counts as sci-fi persey, but there was a movie i saw long time ago called closetland. the whole cast was only two people; the guy who played hans gruber in die hard and madelyn stowe. stowe played an author of childrens books and had written one based on her own abusive childhood called closetland. it was about how when she was bad her mother would lock her in a closet and how she made scary looking things her imaginary friends. the hans gruber guy played a government interrogator who tries to get her to admit that the book is really an instructional code book for an underground resistance group by torture and mind tricks.
      i saw it on HBO way back in the early 90's and havent been able to find it since.

other than that....the shows 'dead like me' the old old old 'dr.who' and 'V'

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
        i dont know if it counts as sci-fi persey, but there was a movie i saw long time ago called closetland. the whole cast was only two people; the guy who played hans gruber in die hard and madelyn stowe. stowe played an author of childrens books and had written one based on her own abusive childhood called closetland. it was about how when she was bad her mother would lock her in a closet and how she made scary looking things her imaginary friends. the hans gruber guy played a government interrogator who tries to get her to admit that the book is really an instructional code book for an underground resistance group by torture and mind tricks.
        i saw it on HBO way back in the early 90's and havent been able to find it since.

other than that....the shows 'dead like me' the old old old 'dr.who' and 'V'

I saw that, it was trippy as hell. Very very very wierd. I think it qualifies. Sci-Fi is not limited to aliens and space ships and $hit.
        sigpic

Comment

The more I watch it, the more impressed I am with Firefly, the Joss Whedon TV series. It was nearly-flawless, in my book. Of course, it was canceled at the first season.

The movie AI: Artificial Intelligence got into my head and wouldn't give me peace. That film disturbed me, and still does. Something about it triggered something very deep in my subconscious, and I have seldom been so tormented by a movie. Some people didn't like; I found it to be remarkable.

For pure fun, I'll watch anything from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinghawk View Post
            The more I watch it, the more impressed I am with Firefly, the Joss Whedon TV series. It was nearly-flawless, in my book. Of course, it was canceled at the first season.

The movie AI: Artificial Intelligence got into my head and wouldn't give me peace. That film disturbed me, and still does. Something about it triggered something very deep in my subconscious, and I have seldom been so tormented by a movie. Some people didn't like; I found it to be remarkable.

For pure fun, I'll watch anything from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Did you know that it was Stanley Kubrick's last project? He took the journey while working on it and or before it went into productilon. That's why Speilburg did it.
            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed Aliens, matrix, blade runner, & 12 monkeys.
              I also enjoyed Brazil (terry gilliham director), the Xmen, & Mad Max (before i found out mel gibson was a nazi).

I do remember the movie, enemy mine and there was a strong message in that movie. It deserves more recognition.

i think matirix is my favorite for the special effects and look.

tv shows: star trek, futurama and the new battlestar galactica is really good.

the worst move: battlefield earth. bleh
              There is only one success; to be able to live your life in your own way.

Comment

Screamer's II "The Hunted" is coming or has come out back in 2009 I believe. Has anyone seen part one? It starred Peter Weller better known for Robocop and lesser known for Leviathan.

I saw the first one and loved it. Great gritty everyone dies sci-fi goodness I'm pretty psyched for the up coming sci-films to come. I especially dug Precinct 9.

But I highly recommend Scremers, just a kick butt dorky sci-fi that's not trying too hard like some out there.

Peace
                OD
                Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

Comment

greatest sci-fi / horror movie ever made:

John Carpenter's The Thing

best series:

Star Wars Trilogy IV, V, VI.

Best tv series:

Mystery Science Theater 3000
                  sigpic
                  R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Greatest Sci Fi Movie ever made

2001: A Space Odessy
                    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
                    alamosaurus

Comment

Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post

John Carpenter's The Thing

The prequel comes out in April 2011.
                      Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolf89 View Post
                        The prequel comes out in April 2011.

I hope its good...the 1st movie is awesome...

R.I.P. Stan Winston...he did the creature effects for The Thing.
                        sigpic
                        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1CWRF1qhAI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699& amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1CWRF1qhAI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699& amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>
                          sigpic

Comment

Who saw "Predators"?
                            Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

The Forbidden Planet:

A campy, fun fifties movie and a ground-breaker in the sci-fi genre. Also, most importantly, the debut of Robbie the Robot!

What I loved about it:

1. Robbie the Robot

2. The Monsters of the ID. That was the most deliciously scary scene in the movie when the Monster tried to get at the Captain and the Doctor and his daughter, and we finally learn WHO is the real "Monster of the ID".

3. The "Electric Tonalities" music.
                              Last edited by neling4; 07-13-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Screamers II: The Hunting

Don't see this film, especially if you've seen part I.

This film is a piece of garbage! It's sad really that the trailer is the only cool thing about this film; well that's actually saying a lot for friks sake.

But if any of you haven't seen the original SCEAMERS film, it's freakin awesome! Peter Weller, the dude who played ROBOCOP is the main char.

It's a classic Man vs. Machine, in the true Terminator style. Other films like this one include:

Virus: starring Jamie Lee Curtis

Hardware: old skool 80's goodness

Moon Trap: staring that Russian Dude who played Chekov in Star Trek.

later Dorks
                                Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X