Nammy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nammy's

The drum I sing with was nominated for a NAMMY (Native American Music Award) this past weekend. We didn't win. *L As I was looking at the winners in other categories, some I knew of and had credibility. However, some of them looked.... welll.... "hokey?"

I haven't heard anybody talk about the NAMMYS.

Does anybody even care who wins?
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Who Me;
    I think it's fantastic that you were nominated, you should be pleased. To be honest I haven't followed the american one, but I do watch the 2 canadian ones. It's exciting to see friends and people we've met on the tv winning stuff

Comment

I think thats great. I have never followed the them, but if I would of saw some PR I would have got into it. Its awesome when natives make a good name for our people. All we ever see is the negative on TV. GOOD JOB!! LET US KNOW NEXT TIME
      OPPS EXCUSE ME, AM TRYNA RECORD

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
        The drum I sing with was nominated for a NAMMY (Native American Music Award) this past weekend. We didn't win. *L As I was looking at the winners in other categories, some I knew of and had credibility. However, some of them looked.... welll.... "hokey?"

I haven't heard anybody talk about the NAMMYS.

Does anybody even care who wins?
        I cared before they listed the winners.... The bf was up for an award, you guys and a few others from here in Ok were nominees and none of them won.

I had the same thoughts as you when I saw the winners. But I said "cheap."
        "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• hewhowowsthecrowd
          gettin the z at g.o.n.
          by hewhowowsthecrowd
          First of all, let me start by congradulatin' SBZ, YB, the 'Zads, and everyone else who placed at g.o.n...............but do you really think Thunderhill deserved the z?? I dunno cause I wasnt there, could anybody shed some light on the subject for me?? did they mess up?? miss roll call?? not crewed...
          05-03-2006, 12:47 PM
        • rachelg196
          Do you think American Indians are push overs?
          by rachelg196
          I say this because I think of all the crap American Indians have put up with and yet...people are still so ignorant. I mean, if tomorrow New York had a baseball team called 'the Jews' all hell would break loose. Americans could so easily say how racist that could be. If a black man sues WalMart for...
          02-28-2005, 04:21 AM
        • SpeakingOwl
          aah man! who picks these winners any how?!
          by SpeakingOwl
          Category 70

Best Native American Music Album
          (Vocal or Instrumental.)

Songs From The Black Hills
          Bryan Akipa
          [SOAR Corporation]

Spo'Mo'Kin'Nan
          Black Lodge
          [Canyon Records]

Red Rock
          Northern Cree...
          02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
        • Wolf Lady
          The Future of American Indian peoples
          by Wolf Lady
          The Future of American Indian peoples
          Posted: January 26, 2006
          by: Joel Waters / Special to Today
          The future of American Indians is muffled, like a dog with a muzzle on, and only so many of us can be heard.

But, in looking back on the decades since the '70s,...
          01-27-2006, 08:46 PM
        • OneidaDreamer
          Public Anouncement: The Gloves Are Off
          by OneidaDreamer
          I don't friggn write all "Native" themed poetry. I never have.

That's another gripe I have with skins and or skins stereotypes. Why do people feel compelled to write about just Native subject matter? I mean, feel it and write it. I guess. But don't pose. I can tell the tried...
          05-30-2007, 05:44 AM

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X