Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will "New Moon" create interest in American Indians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will "New Moon" create interest in American Indians?

In the Twilight sequel "New Moon", the male leads are American Indians.

Do you think that once people see this movie, it will create interest in American Indian culture?
    Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Can you make yourself into a werewolf?

Probably so! There may be alot of people show up here (with wolf posting names) wanting to know about shape shifting, how they can trace down their great, great grandma, who was a Cherokee Princess, ancestoral roots and they will be wanting info about sweats and other Native religious practices too.

Traditions.....keep them and keep them sacred!

I am NOT Indian. I have never been to India, nor has any of my family before me! I have met these people from India, of whom you speak, and I am nothing like them. Why do you call me an Indian?

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Mahe View Post
      Probably so! There may be alot of people show up here (with wolf posting names) wanting to know about shape shifting, how they can trace down their great, great grandma, who was a Cherokee Princess, ancestoral roots and they will be wanting info about sweats and other Native religious practices too.

LOL. I guess right now can be called "the calm before the storm". After next month, we can be prepared to see lots of new members.
      Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolf89 View Post
        In the Twilight sequel "New Moon", the male leads are American Indians. Do you think that once people see this movie, it will create interest in American Indian culture?
        No It Will Create Intrest In New Age Crap Loosely Based On Native Culture. Hobby Lobby And Crazy Crow Are Gona Bank On Jumbo Dyed Tip Feathers.

Comment

Yeah that will probably happen.

They will all be trying to be Shapeshifters or Vampires!

Comment

Is there any pretty NDN girls in the flick?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
              That's always a factor!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post

Here's something to satisfy you :D

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolf89 View Post
                  Here's something to satisfy you :D

I didn't see a damn thing that would satisfy me in this pic.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Now if Alex is in the movie...call me.

http://www.alexrice.biz/photo/bw-c.jpg

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

LOL @ JD. In the books there is only 1 woman shapeshifter. But I don't think she exist until a later book.

I definetly like what I see!!!!! LMAO!

Comment

some of those actors look like cree native men

Comment

yes

I think so. Or.. at least in the Quileute tribe.
                          2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

I think so.
                            sigpic
                            I no listen any moar,
                            you iz lion to me.
                            :[

Comment

I read something somewhere that told what tribes each of these boys are in. I'll have to track it down and post it, if I can.

Ok, update, here we go. Who knows if it's true, but this is what I found:

Spencer, who's appeared in the television miniseries Into the West, is of Lakota descent. Pelletier, who was part of the Canadian series Renegadepress.com, is of Cree-Matis descent. Meraz, who played a small role in the Oscar-nominated flick The New World, is of Purepecha descent. Gordon—well, I couldn't find anything about her—is of Hualapai descent. Finally, Houseman—I also couldn't find anything about him, but he was found through an open casting call—is of Cree descent.
                              Last edited by moonlightdancer; 12-01-2009, 12:38 PM.
                              You're never fully dressed without a smile!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X