Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Get Rid of a Hickey?

Question: How Do You Get Rid of a Hickey? -Tommy, Shiprock

What happened? Got carried away at song and dance? Got wild at Ace’s Wild? Got “turned around” at the Turn Around? Hickey’s so to say are tricky and everyone’s got a remedy. If you have a significant other who gave it to you, then carry the mark proudly. But if it came from someone else or if you’re worried that your co-workers will talk about you the next day, here’s what to do. First, ice the hickey. Do not rub it or it may rupture and leave you even more guilty looking. (A person I know tried rubbing a cold spoon on the hickey, but rubbed it too hard and it scarred. Some hickey.)
    Anyway, depending on the size of it, apply some makeup which should help cover up the hickey. Avoid wearing white shirts and settle for darker colors, which will also make the hickey less noticeable. This may help out as well, but try popping some aspirin. (If you are allergic, don’t take it). The aspirin works as a blood clot remover and helps get rid of the hickey much sooner. Despite all this, a hickey is a bruise and if you treat it like a bruise, it will go away in that fashion. Other than that, there isn’t much you can do. The next time you are at getting hot with a hottie from Top Deck, clearly explain that you have a no-hickey policy.

This and other remedies can be found at: www.shiprock.com

Have a question for the doctor? Email It. [email protected]

LMAO!!!!!!! Got dang techno, what have you been up to??? LOL.....wish I knew about this when I was in the Marines, could of saved my Marines and I a lot of grief...LOL....
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

You could've use camo-paint and say it has to stay on for a few days because you're testing out a new brand.

Comment

LOL! Tried that, but my SGt still stuck me out in the field with the rest of the platoon for a week....
        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50calNDN
          LOL! Tried that, but my SGt still stuck me out in the field with the rest of the platoon for a week....
          Since it's a bruise, you should be able to "add" more bruises just to cover up the real thing.

Comment

Hickey

In the famous words of THA TRIBE...frozen spoons and turtle necks..... Someone told me toothpaste or hemmroid cream...DOESN"T work...this will hurt but take a fine tooth plastic comb and comb it out...it will disperse the blood build up it will certainly minimize it...and simply use cover up and voila!

Comment

Well......I've seen the spoon work before so maybe it does on someone people and others it don't. Also take the end of something round, like lipstick or finger nail polish, something like that and press on the hickey and twist the thing on the hickey and it faints it away. I've seen this work before (not from experiance but I've done it to a couple of my cuzins)

Maybe some people are meant to be caught (exspecialy if thier cheatin) so it don't work.

Comment

Easy...

You Take A Chapstick Cap And Place It On The Hickey, Ok Then You Press, Twist And Pull. Repeat For About A Good 1/2 Hour Depending On How Bad The Hickie Is Then It Will Get Red But Will Eventually Fade Away. Good Luck! ;)
                When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile

Comment

No-hickey rule

The lipstick trick works, guys remember, make sure you ask your ladies or moms for makeup. Use the concealer and dab some foundation on it. Just make sure it matches your complexion Next time, have a no-hickey rule, it saves alot of greif and embarrassment. It doesn't look nice anyway. Anyone seen people walking around with hickeys on their faces??? eeeeww...Control yourselves!!
                  Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

Yeah the comb works. It hurts but it works.

I've also heard to use Visine. But haven't tried that one yet.

Comment

Suck Face?

OK. I finally read this thread, just in case I get lucky..........:6:
                      "The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Comment

Hickeys are for the young I guess; after I'd been married awhile there are no more hickeys:(

Comment

Originally posted by WocusWoman
                          Hickeys are for the young I guess; after I'd been married awhile there are no more hickeys:(
                          ain't it the truth...couldn't even get a french kiss out of the old man after 15 years. He said, 'I've got you, why should I keep trying?"

well, he doesn't 'got' me now...but I'm not sure who's laughing or who's crying...
                          "The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name. They don't want to be known as a team that perpetuates racial stereotypes. From now on they're just going to be called the Indians." - Native Comedian Vaughn Eaglebear, Colville/Lakota

Comment

Hickey?

where? I seen a girl wake up in a car parked at the "grounds" the morning after a 49 with hickeys on both her eye lids and about 4 on each cheek (face) two on her forehead beside the dozen she had on her neck! looked like that hurt! she didn't believe anyone when they were telling her. until she went into the shower room to change for the day! *****LOL****** it looked funny at the time.....Guess you had to be there! Me myself do not give them or get them! But if you like slober on you then that is your "bag"! I guess.
                            **National Indian Days Celebration & Pow wow**
                            September 17-19, 2004
                            White Swan, Washington
                            Hope to see you all there! Later days Natives!

Comment

Back in the day when i used to get hickey's then finally realized they are UGLY!!! I used to use a battery, sounds stupid, but it worked for me!! Just put the battery on the hickey and twist the battery, just keep doing that and eventually it will go away, well not completely but it fades it pretty good!!
                              :hey!:~*~ Wabnoquah ~*~ :hey!:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.