Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost a toe

post here if you are a diabetic

Sorry to hear that you lost your toe. I don't have diabeties but have several family members that do. Please be careful and take care of yourself.
    Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

diabetic

sorrry to hear that you lost a toe, I was diagnosed with diabetes in 4/03 type 2. I find it very difficult and expensive staying with the diet, but i'm really afraid of the consequence of not dieting, loss of toes, feet, heartattack, stroke. I've already developed glaucoma, high blood pressure, heart event (stent implant) I'm only 41. So i definitely understand where your coming from. I try to stay strong for the sake of my kids.

Comment

My mom and dad both have diebetes so us kids exercise and watch our diets close. Living in a dorm its hard with all da krap they dish out. But I don't want to lose no leg or nothing when I get old. Sorry to hear about your toe did it hurt after it was aputated?
        dubble your pleasure~ surfs up babie~

Comment

did you lose a toe?

Comment

Both my parents have it.
            My dad had a stroke that knocked out his pancreas, making him diabetic a few years ago.

My mom has had it since she was a child, and is one of the experimental study recepients. When she started in the 40's, they knew next to nothing. It's been hard on her with years of 4 shots a day, and being allergic to insulin. The sink holes in her body from years of shots alone are incredible.

Doctors once thought she'd not make it to 40, especially with having children (they told her not to try). Three of us survived.

Mom was the practice for the pump, and is now practicing with a new version that is supposed to come out on the market in a few months that uses a computer to communicate.

When I was a child it scared me that she volunteered for all the experimental stuff b/c I didn't want to lose her. As an adult I am proud of all her efforts in helping them find a cure. Her view is, "if I die from helping them at least it may save someone else from it."

They have come a long way toward making life easier for diabetics, and are working on 3 options for a cure. Pray one of them works.
            tchrcoun.blogspot.com

No one "makes us" feel anything, we choose to feel, act, and react the way we do. ~~Nino's Philosophy

I am not the Creator and therefore cannot "save" anyone. The path one walks is between the individual and the creator; not to be judged by me. ~TurtleWoman

Comment

Originally posted by kalifaz_beech_beauty
              My mom and dad both have diebetes so us kids exercise and watch our diets close. Living in a dorm its hard with all da krap they dish out. But I don't want to lose no leg or nothing when I get old. Sorry to hear about your toe did it hurt after it was aputated?
              I guess I feel better. I had lost feeling in that part of my foot for such a long time. When the infection set in my toe just felt like a numb piece of wood. Just wierd I tell you.

Comment

Another diabetic here!! Have to work hard to resist all those things that drive up your sugars... I am lucky tho, I have Type II, controlled with pills and diet... and I have a great MD., who helps me a lot..
                "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Comment

people take for granted food and the chemical reactions within your body. I miss the days of eat what you want and run or dance off what I don't use.

Comment

People take a lot for granted, and most have no clue the seriousness of the disease. Some still think it's from not eating right, and you would think with all the information out there people would be more aware.

Jones, I am sorry you lost a toe. If you on't mind me asking, Did you lose your toe from an injury that didn't heal, loss of circulation, or was it amputated b/c of infection?
                    Last edited by TurtleWoman; 08-18-2005, 07:17 PM.
                    tchrcoun.blogspot.com

No one "makes us" feel anything, we choose to feel, act, and react the way we do. ~~Nino's Philosophy

I am not the Creator and therefore cannot "save" anyone. The path one walks is between the individual and the creator; not to be judged by me. ~TurtleWoman

Comment

...wow...

I looked at a website for symptoms of diabetes and there are so many and most could be mistaken for common things like headache, fatigue, hunger, thirst, dry skin, lack of hunger, fast weight loss/gain... a few of my family members are diabetic.

Comment

It's all about balance

Comment

i have lost all feeling in my feet and sometimes they move by them selfs. i sometimes get a burning pain then it goes away it feels hot. what do you think it could be? am i going to loose my feet?

Comment

Originally posted by jones
                            people take for granted food and the chemical reactions within your body. I miss the days of eat what you want and run or dance off what I don't use.
                            I'll think twice when I want to skip a meal or drink a soda.

Comment

Originally posted by Desiree
                              i have lost all feeling in my feet and sometimes they move by them selfs. i sometimes get a burning pain then it goes away it feels hot. what do you think it could be? am i going to loose my feet?
                              my feet and hands tingle too when I'm fatigued

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X