health question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• health question

hi i was viewing my hosital records on the sheet of my bells palsy diagnosis she (doctor) put down mild tachacardy (sp?)
    what's mild tachacardy?

maybe it is spelled "tachycardia"?

'think "tachycardia" is dr. talk indicating a sudden and faster than expected heart beat
    I love that song, let's turn the music up!

Smilies is not my 1st Language

Comment

I'm a life and health insurance agent, and we define it as rapid pulse.

Comment

I believe it's that your heart beats faster than the normal rate
        “People once believed that when someone dies a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead, but sometimes something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes the Crow can bring the soul back and put the wrong things right.”

I WISH.............

Comment

Originally posted by musicedu77
          hi i was viewing my hosital records on the sheet of my bells palsy diagnosis she (doctor) put down mild tachacardy (sp?)
          what's mild tachacardy?
          Why not just ask; I've noted through the years that, everybody in my family, except for myself, does not have the balls to ask thorough questions at the doctor's office. I'm beginning to wonder is this a native thing, or is this a problem of the general population. Maybe it's just a problem of very shy people; and the native population just happens to have many very shy people. I used to be painfully shy when I was younger; but I have lived a alcohol/drug-free life for many years and found and realized I have a mouth for speaking up and not being taken advantage of. Come on this is YOUR health records, it is your right to know what is in there and to understand it.

Comment

i tried asking and just kept on getting the run around or the excuse well the doctor is too busy to see you. our hospitals here are really bad at least thats my view...and yay i think i'm a little bit shy. i been shy since i was a child..aparently from my sociology class that i taken before he said that your suppose to over come your shyness by adult stage...im like well that aint happening to me...

Comment

I agree. Docs and hospitals almost won't tell you unless you ask. Maybe before you go to the clinic, write down a list of questions. This will help you stay on track and get the answers you need. Also, don't forget, the doctor works for you, now vice versa. Make him accountable to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary E. Keeler
                I agree. Docs and hospitals almost won't tell you unless you ask. Maybe before you go to the clinic, write down a list of questions. This will help you stay on track and get the answers you need. Also, don't forget, the doctor works for you, now vice versa. Make him accountable to you.
                Tell your doctor if he is too busy to answer your questions then you are going to find a doctor who will answer them. The threat to his bank account will probably get him talking. IF not, find a new doctor who will talk to you!
                Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Did a yahoo search here's what came up hope this helps someone.

Tachycardia
                  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
                  Tachycardia is an abnormally rapid beating of the heart, defined as a resting heart rate of over 100 beats per minute.

It can have harmful effects in two ways. First, when the heart beats too rapidly, it performs inefficiently (since there is not enough time for the ventricles to fill completely), causing blood flow and blood pressure to diminish. Second, it increases the work of the heart, causing it to require more oxygen while also reducing the blood flow to the cardiac muscle tissue, increasing the risk of ischemia and resultantly infarction.

Tachycardia is a general symptomatic term that does not describe the cause of the rapid rate. Common causes are autonomic nervous system or endocrine system activity, hemodynamic responses, and various forms of cardiac arrhythmia.

[edit]
                  Autonomic and endocrine causes
                  An increase in sympathetic nervous system stimulation causes the heart rate to increase, both by the direct action of sympathetic nerve fibers on the heart, and by causing the endocrine system to release hormones such as epinephrine (adrenaline) which have a similar effect. Increased sympathetic stimulation is usually due to physical or psychological stress (the so-called "fight or flight" response), but can also be induced by stimulants such as caffeine.

Endocrine disorders such as pheochromocytoma can cause epinephrine release and tachycardia independent of the nervous system.

[edit]
                  Hemodynamic responses
                  The body contains several feedback mechanisms to maintain adequate blood flow and blood pressure. If blood pressure decreases, the heart beats faster in an attempt to raise it.

This can happen in response to a decrease in blood volume (through dehydration or bleeding), or an unexpected change in blood flow. The most common cause of the latter is orthostatic hypotension (also called postural hypotension), a sudden drop of blood pressure that occurs with a change in body position (e.g., going from lying down to standing up). When tachycardia occurs for this reason, it is called postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).

[edit]
                  Tachycardic arrhythmias
                  An electrocardiogram tracing can distinguish several different forms of rapid abnormal heartbeat:

If the heart's electrical system is functioning normally, except that the rate is over 100 beats per minute, it is called sinus tachycardia. This is caused by any of the factors mentioned above, rather than a malfunction of the heart itself.

Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) occurs when an abnormal electrical impulse originates above the ventricles, but instead of causing a single beat and a pause, it travels in circles and causes many rapid beats. To distinguish SVT from Sinus Tachycardia one must simply look at the rate: If the rate of contraction is more than 150 bpm, then it is considered SVT. Otherwise it is Sinus Tachycardia. Ventricular tachycardia (VT or "V-tach") is a similar phenomenon occurring within the tissue of the ventricles, causing an extremely rapid rate with poor pumping action. Both of these rhythms normally last for only a few seconds (paroxysmal tachycardia), but if VT persists it is extremely dangerous, often leading to ventricular fibrillation.

Arrhythmias can be treated using drugs, intervention or implantable devices. See also: Bradycardia. The vagus reflex may help as a first-aid measure

Comment

I think it's a general poplation thing...most people I know, Native or not, are afraid to ask questions, or to even question a doctor. My doctors hate me because I question them on EVERYTHING. As a matter of fact, I usually go into the doctor already knowing whats wrong with me and when they try to tell me something different, I get into arguments with the about it! It's hilarious! I also QUESTION EVERYTHING THATS PRESCRIBED! I NEVER take anything just because he said to. I ask him what it is, what its used for, how its supposed to help me, and whats gonna happen if I don't take it cuz more than likely I won't take it any damn way (LOL). Don't be afraid...sometimes docs have big egos, but those egos get deflated real quickly when you know your $hit and question them about it!
                    The true meaning of life........

Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off,
                    kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or
                    behaving like one.

Comment

WebMD is a good place to look up your illnesses without having to face a live person. At best, you can read articles and determine whether you need to run to the emergency room or not.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X