Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breastfeeding benifits baby,mom,and community!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chazziff View Post
    once they started asking to nurse i cut em off LOL.
    Too funny^^^ My sister stopped nursing her daughter when her daughter started to say 'please' and 'thank you'.
    Last edited by Kakeeya; 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM. Reason: too personal

Comment

i could never imagine it as ... gross either. my mother breastfed us all ... all my older sisters breastfed too. my nieces on the other hand .. are following the father of the children's lead. and now they got a bunch of sickly lil kids ... ear infections left and right (literally LOL) and colds all the time.

but i do remember my girls when they play(ed) ... "breastfeeding" their baby dolls and giving them a cup to drink from instead of the lil bottle that comes wit the doll LOL
      Watch your broken dreams...
      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

i have 3 kids. my 1st child i nursed till she was . . . think 2 yrs old. like Kakeeya's situation, my daughter's dad and me seperated and the courts gave him custody. my 2nd child, nursed her till she was 4 months. for some reason, i didnt have enough milk to feed her. id nurse her in the morning, pump milk at work, and nurse her in the evening after work. after a while, i had no milk . . . at all. my 3rd baby, same thing is happening. milk supply is going away. i keep nursing him, but not enough milk to quench his thirst. Dr's and lactation nurse dont know how to help me.

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Hi yall , i had 5 gurls and one son i breast feed 4 of them and one grand daughter,

My daughter and i had babies 18 day apart 11 and a half years ago..
          my daughter was kind of embearest that we nursed each other babies, but it seamed right to do so,both babies were weaned around 6 months..

my gurl was getting so fat a regurlar rolly poily so i cut back on feeding she slimed down pretty good,my grand daughter was a poily too.now rachel my gurl is kindy chunky and alisia is a thinney skinny...

its a good memory for me thank you for the thread
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Mud_Woman View Post
            i have 3 kids. my 1st child i nursed till she was . . . think 2 yrs old. like Kakeeya's situation, my daughter's dad and me seperated and the courts gave him custody. my 2nd child, nursed her till she was 4 months. for some reason, i didnt have enough milk to feed her. id nurse her in the morning, pump milk at work, and nurse her in the evening after work. after a while, i had no milk . . . at all. my 3rd baby, same thing is happening. milk supply is going away. i keep nursing him, but not enough milk to quench his thirst. Dr's and lactation nurse dont know how to help me.
            hmm that is ... strange. is your baby having .. wet diapers etc.?

Comment

hi mud woman, im sorry that you felt that kind of pain
              Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

Breast-feeding problems | Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine | Find Articles at BNET

found this link ... hope it helps. i know that you get stressed out thinking ... im not making enough milk and that inturn makes you more stressed out .... jus keep trying i guess. how old is your baby?

Comment

hmm that is ... strange. is your baby having .. wet diapers etc.?
                  yes he is, but since i dont have enough milk, i have resorted to formula. i had to do the same with my 2nd baby.

Originally posted by 2lineCarrandMorgan View Post
                  hi mud woman, im sorry that you felt that kind of pain
                  thx. i am fustrated that this has happened twice. i dont know what else can be done . . .

Comment

mmmmmmmmm, milk does a body good.........
                    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Breast-feeding problems | Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine | Find Articles at BNET

found this link ... hope it helps. i know that you get stressed out thinking ... im not making enough milk and that inturn makes you more stressed out .... jus keep trying i guess. how old is your baby?
                      thx for the link.
                      my lil' man is 5 months.

Comment

Hi Mud Woman, I deleted part of my post because after I posted it, I felt it was too personal and a painful memory. My son is older now and very healthy, I never did tell him what his father did, he would of just thought of it as drama.....lol.

Comment

babies do go thru lil periods that they seem like they nurse all the time .... they are going thru or going to go thru a lil growth spurt ... so they nurse alot. it might seem like you're not making anything ... cuz they are nursing alot LOL (its like they are constantly hungry). but they are jus jump starting milk production for their next stage/level of needs. but as long as they are having wet diapers and at least one bowel movement a day ... they are doing ... well.

jus try to keep hydrated ... drink alot of liquids ... i mean alot of liquids LOL and dont give up

Comment

i understand where you r coming from. me to, i dont know if my daughter knows what really happened and why er dad and me seperated. about three month after we seperated, i visited her, and she wanted me to nurse her. i had to choke back my tears, caues i had no more milk, and her dad was telling her that was "dirty". i just wanted to kill him . . . and i still do to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud_Woman View Post
                              i understand where you r coming from. me to, i dont know if my daughter knows what really happened and why er dad and me seperated. about three month after we seperated, i visited her, and she wanted me to nurse her. i had to choke back my tears, caues i had no more milk, and her dad was telling her that was "dirty". i just wanted to kill him . . . and i still do to this day.
                              what a horrible thing to say about ... precious bonding between a mother and her child ...

now i wanna kill em .. LOL jkz .. but ya not cool not cool at all.

Comment

the La leachie leaug helped me when i nursed i think it nation wide its a mother support group focus on mothers nursing baby and the fix on some of what might need to know as a mom

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.