Hypoglycemia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypoglycemia

I hope that is how you spell it, but it is where your blood sugar drops low,and sometimes real low. They caught this when I decided to try and drop some weight,and in all my life they never found any sugar problem till I went on diet. I have tried everything,even the glycemia rate thing that wyo_rose told me about in another thread. Last 2 days I been doing good to get to 40,some days I can get to about 80(Dr. says 90 to about 150 normal).After I started with the glycemia rate thing it started staying between 60 and 80,and it I try to ajust it goes either to high or back down.

Any suggestions ??
    Last edited by MIB; 09-17-2007, 07:37 PM.
    MIB

Hell,there are no rules here,we're just trying to accomplish something.

Many! Smile...and your spelling is perfect.
    I have to deal with it also, mine went from below 32 to 287 and drops... I have to deal with it and I can do so.
    I know what this feels like...
    My doctors were not able to give me good advice- seems as if everybody needs to find out how it works well.

Here are some suggestions:

*Eat every 3 hours- like a baby *g*

*Eat good fullgrain carbs- not such sugar, honey or even worse
    dextrose sugars- these are for emergency only, but will f*** up your metabolism and blood sugar. Sorry, but I wanted to say this clearly *g*

*Some people - few- cannot stand eating much fruit/juice. They have to prefer veggies instead.

*Some can only eat fruit in combination with high quality full grain carbs or veggies

*When you diet, you still need food- and you need enough proteins also, eat some proteins with every meal you take in.

*Are you working out? Be sure to stay in the right zone to not burn all your carbs/sugars - try to keep some while burning your fat.

*Some people can hardly burn fat - their body isn't used to it anymore, but you can help your body during your workouts:
    Take L-carnitin. But be sure to get the good one (carnipur)

*Do you use any supplements? If- try to just take them for 6 weeks, than make a break for 4, start allover again. Some just take way too much! Some take what they get enough of anyway.

*Stay away from formula diets- they usually contain lots of sugar and sweetener, but no fullgrain...

*Get yourself a glyx list

*get tested on candida albicans, maybe you need a special diet or nystatin?

*I cannot drink any alcohol at all.

*I can drink coffee- but never with an empty stomach.

*chin up, promise?

I bet I have forgotten to post some things...but you will get more replies than just mine...

Comment

Oh, and you know- maybe you should inform everybody who 'has to deal with you' about what you are like when it 'hits' you...I guess then they feel much better, and you don't have to explain why you do what. Anxious attacks, panic attacks,...weakness,...you know what I mean. And they know when you need help and what kind of help.

Comment

Nurse I know stopped by 1 Saturday and explained to parents and kids(we were expecting her) and when she got to the part about mood swings my granddaughter told her that she(granddaughter) thought she was going to have to hit me with a paddle.So they all seem to coexist better now since they know. It's just rembering what I can eat,what to avoid and when to eat.
        MIB

Comment

Originally posted by MIB View Post
          Nurse I know stopped by 1 Saturday and explained to parents and kids(we were expecting her) and when she got to the part about mood swings my granddaughter told her that she(granddaughter) thought she was going to have to hit me with a paddle.So they all seem to coexist better now since they know. It's just rembering what I can eat,what to avoid and when to eat.
          Yes, good, sounds simple but can also be very individual.
          Just watch yourself, maybe you'd write a 'diary' to be more sure about that- and when it happens again.
          I can be very 'damgerous' when people keep me from eating!
          I remember when I chatted, had a discussion and said- I need a break, need to eat something. The other party replied: How can you think of eating, while we are discussing such an important issue...(something like that)! I wrote: I need to, HAVE to RIGHT NOW! Then went to the fridge ...I wasn't half way in my fridge, when he called me and yelled at me, oh and I swear, if he'd been there in that moment, this wouldn't have been funny anymore *g*. Maybe your family understands you better. I hope so. Drop everything when you feel you need to eat. Please.

Comment

I've been hypoglycemic for all my life as far as I can tell, was formally diagnosed in high school when I passed out one day! I definitely second letting your family/coworkers/people you live with know so if you start getting cranky or acting strange, lightheaded, they can get you something to eat to even out your blood sugar. The best thing to eat when you have a hypoglycemic attack is fruit juice or something like that...not candy...and have something with protein and whole grains. That will help stabilize your blood sugar. If you just have something sugary, it will raise your blood sugar but then that will just "spike" and "crash" afterwards unless there is protein and/or whole grains to keep it even. Small meals/snacks throughout the day are also great for keeping your blood sugar even too. Its really not that big of a deal once you learn how to eat appropriately, and you're also eating more healthy too, since its better for anyone to have little snacks throughout the day instead of 3 big meals.

Comment

Adjusted my eating habits to 4 times a day,plus snacks if needed plus for when I first get up. All day yesterday I ran in the low 80's,this morning I was in low 60's, and at noon I was 82.Now for me those are good compared to the way I have been running. Now thast 90 to 150 doctor was talking about. Is that some kind of average they go by or what ? Who says 90 on the low end is right for me ?
              MIB

Comment

I wish I could tell you ...I don't know about the measurements:
                Here in Germany an old m. reference is between 65mg% and 100mg%. Borderline from 50-65 and from 100-120. I think you will have to trust your Dr here...or consult a second opinion. Not everybody knows about Hypoglycemia...
                When I go below 40 I definitely feel dizzy....and start panicking a bit. Doesn't happen anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by indian-heart-beat View Post
                  Many! Smile...and your spelling is perfect.
                  I have to deal with it also, mine went from below 32 to 287 and drops... I have to deal with it and I can do so.
                  I know what this feels like...
                  My doctors were not able to give me good advice- seems as if everybody needs to find out how it works well.

Here are some suggestions:

*Eat every 3 hours- like a baby *g*

*Eat good fullgrain carbs- not such sugar, honey or even worse
                  dextrose sugars- these are for emergency only, but will f*** up your metabolism and blood sugar. Sorry, but I wanted to say this clearly *g*

*Some people - few- cannot stand eating much fruit/juice. They have to prefer veggies instead.

*Some can only eat fruit in combination with high quality full grain carbs or veggies

*When you diet, you still need food- and you need enough proteins also, eat some proteins with every meal you take in.

*Are you working out? Be sure to stay in the right zone to not burn all your carbs/sugars - try to keep some while burning your fat.

*Some people can hardly burn fat - their body isn't used to it anymore, but you can help your body during your workouts:
                  Take L-carnitin. But be sure to get the good one (carnipur)

*Do you use any supplements? If- try to just take them for 6 weeks, than make a break for 4, start allover again. Some just take way too much! Some take what they get enough of anyway.

*Stay away from formula diets- they usually contain lots of sugar and sweetener, but no fullgrain...

*Get yourself a glyx list

*get tested on candida albicans, maybe you need a special diet or nystatin?

*I cannot drink any alcohol at all.

*I can drink coffee- but never with an empty stomach.

*chin up, promise?

I bet I have forgotten to post some things...but you will get more replies than just mine...
                  Your right I use to be like that & if I didn't ear within a certain time I would get the shakes weak really moody & light headed. so I eat every 3 hours even if it's just a piece of fruit or a yogurt. & exercise helps a lot even if it's just a short walk.
                  don't you be wastin' all your money
                  on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.