Sunburn/poisoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunburn/poisoning

Since Emmy mentioned it in another thread I thought we could all share some of our own remedies. One is using vinegar - put it in a bowl and dip a washcloth in it and lay over the burned area. The cloth absorbs the heat so you have to do it over and over. Another one is if your legs are burned (or any part you can get in the tub!!) add baking soda to tepid water and soak in it. Of course, you take Tylenol with either of these and it helps!!:Flame :flaming: And be sure to keep hydrated cuz you can def dehydrate when you are burned!!
    Becky B.

yeah i found that out sunday morning when i spent most of the morning passed out in the car :(
    Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

Duh

Duh how could I forget one awesome remedy??:duhh: ALOE - Aloe vera is GREAT!! Plus if you use that in a bottle you can get the blue which has Lidocaine in it. Great for numbing you~~
      Becky B.

Comment

You may not believe me, but HONEY! Spread a layer on, about as much as you'd put on a pnut butter sammich (:p) and cover with a cloth and let it sit. The longer the better, and even a couple times a day.

This came from an EMT who swears by it.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

yea that Aloe Vera works great. I buy a bottle and keep it in the fridge... then whenever someone gets burned not only is it cooling it does indeed take the redness away.
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Aloe is my number one remedy, followed by witch hazel.

Comment

aloe vera from the fridge is great :D
              also, believe it or not if you take fresh tomato and put it on the burn it will be gone by the next morning..somthing about the lycopine in it does the trick!!
              Life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved

Comment

sun poisoning

i woke up sick as a dog this morning. my friend a t work told me to get some benadryl and drink pedialite
                Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
                  You may not believe me, but HONEY! Spread a layer on, about as much as you'd put on a pnut butter sammich (:p) and cover with a cloth and let it sit. The longer the better, and even a couple times a day.

This came from an EMT who swears by it.
                  ......;) ...... sounds "sweet".....will try that next time..... :p
                  Never squat naked in spurs

Comment

OK, and let me know if you need any help licking it , I mean cleaning it off.:Chatter
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

If you really have sun poisoning you must take benadryl. I had sun/poisoning 1 time years ago and I didn't know what to do. I tried everything. When I took the benadryl it almost went away immediately.

Comment

got sunburned really good a few years ago on my face. the only thing i found to help was fresh aloe. my eyes even swelled shut! the burns were worse on my nose cheeks and forehead. i had a guy ask me a week later if a radiator cap for a car had blowed up on me. he couldnt believe it was a sunburn!

Comment

Noxzema works good, it cools your skin down and it helps exfoliate when you start to peel

Comment

Anything with Aloe Vera will soothe your burning skin. Also, cool bath or shower is the best temporary relief solution too...:p, stay clear of the warm or hot water, it makes it worse and may just bring tears to your eyes.
                            "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it."

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X