Sinus Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinus Headaches

I get these really bad sinus headaches occasionally. Does anyone out there have any home remedies or secrets in getting rid of them?

for chest congestion...make some peppermint tea as hot as you can stand it and add a pinch of ginger. For sinus headaches, get some vicks and put it in some boiling hot water and keep your head over it with a towel covering your head and inhale as much as you can.
    yeah, yeah, yeah...

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?

Comment

MIGHT WANT TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE A SINUS INFECTION. I MENTIONED IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT I HAD ONE WHICH REQUIRED AN OPERATION. FELT LIKE MY HEAD WAS GONNA CRACK OPEN. COULD HAVE COOKED AN EGG ON MY HEAD ALSO.
      There are 2 types of people in the world...
      Really stupid people who think they are smart
      and
      Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

all my kids, and grandkids have to fight those darn things. My boy injects himself w/allergy medicine each week, the girls are on zertecD, and allergra D.

Since being on the regular allergy meds, they have fewer headaches, and fewer infections. My oldest girl had to go to doc. for sinus infections every 3 months before the pills, and nose drops...now she can go 9 months to a year with few problems.

Hot Catnip tea always helps early in the morning.

Comment

Don't ask me how this works, but a couple of relatives use to have problems with sinuses and sinus headaches. They got to using a saltwater nasal spray 2 to 3 times a day and no more problems. Just my 2 cents I passing along.

Comment

the saline solution is usually good for dry passages, the headaches usually come from blockages
            tchrcoun.blogspot.com

No one "makes us" feel anything, we choose to feel, act, and react the way we do. ~~Nino's Philosophy

I am not the Creator and therefore cannot "save" anyone. The path one walks is between the individual and the creator; not to be judged by me. ~TurtleWoman

Comment

Re: Sinus Headaches

Originally posted by PA-Saponi
              I get these really bad sinus headaches occasionally. Does anyone out there have any home remedies or secrets in getting rid of them?
              I feel for you PA-Saponi, I suffer both Sinus and Migraine's.

My doctor suggested I have a humidifier on at night. The past two months I have not had any problems with either.

I wonder could it really be from the humidifier or just been lucky? I usually get a migraine attack for 3-4 days at a time about two times a month. And the sinus congestion pressure headaches at least once a week. So I am quite pleased that I have had none!!

So you may want to try that and see if it works for you. Good luck!!
              If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

Hey PA, that isn't a sinus headache it is that empty BIG OLE head of yours echoing:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter
                Becky B.

Comment

Originally posted by NDNQt
                  Hey PA, that isn't a sinus headache it is that empty BIG OLE head of yours echoing:Chatter :Chatter :Chatter :Chatter

Hardi Har NDNQt! :D Now can I help it If I have a big HEAD?! ;)

I got rid of the headache. I use to get these things all the time until I went to a ENT and also started allergy shots. I think the one I got the other day was just a fluke. At least I hope that's all it was. Haven't had one since then. The barometric pressure I think may also contribute.

Comment

Watch those saline sprays. They can go bad. Then you'll be spraying mildew up your schnozz.

Mint medley tea mixed with chamomile is my cure-all.:)
                    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Comment

I like to use ginger tea (made from fresh ground ginger ONLY, not that dried stuff). Get some ginger root from your local produce aisle, grind it with a cheese grater, stuff some into a tea ball and dunk for a few minutes. Or just throw the grindings into an automatic-drip coffee machine and brew the tea that way. Add a little honey and/or lemon juice for flavor.

When I get a migraine (once every month or so), it usually starts with those little "optical auras" that look like flickering worms crawling all over my vision field. The pain sets in a couple hours later. I often find that this all happens if I go without food on a stressful day, and have to sit a look at a flickering computer screen for long periods (I prefer my laptop with its non-flickering LCD display). There is an accupressure point just behind the muscle that draws the thumb toward the index finger. A martial artist once showed me that by placing light pressure on this point, a headache can be blocked and averted (they tried to teach me this repeatedly but the exact location and pressure just never penetrated my thick skull so maybe I'll study Chuan-Tao for 20-30 years and figure it out myself).
                      "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                      Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wakalapi
                        I like to use ginger tea (made from fresh ground ginger ONLY, not that dried stuff). Get some ginger root from your local produce aisle, grind it with a cheese grater, stuff some into a tea ball and dunk for a few minutes. Or just throw the grindings into an automatic-drip coffee machine and brew the tea that way. Add a little honey and/or lemon juice for flavor.

When I get a migraine (once every month or so), it usually starts with those little "optical auras" that look like flickering worms crawling all over my vision field. The pain sets in a couple hours later. I often find that this all happens if I go without food on a stressful day, and have to sit a look at a flickering computer screen for long periods (I prefer my laptop with its non-flickering LCD display). There is an accupressure point just behind the muscle that draws the thumb toward the index finger. A martial artist once showed me that by placing light pressure on this point, a headache can be blocked and averted (they tried to teach me this repeatedly but the exact location and pressure just never penetrated my thick skull so maybe I'll study Chuan-Tao for 20-30 years and figure it out myself).

Thanks Wakalapi. I'll try the ginger root, but think I'll pass on thumb muscle massage. This lady told me the same thing once and that she knew how to do this manuever. All I got was a freaking sore thumb to go along with my pounding aching head.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X