Recipes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipes??

i'm looking for healthful recipes! for example, i'm looking for something else to do with a sweet potato, i know people mash them, make fries out them and make pies but i'm just trying to find other ways to cook them or other combinations to go with them!

in the being healthy thread there have been some good recipes. i'm just wondering if people have more??!!

skin 'em, boil 'em, mash 'em up real good with an egg or two, some sugar (splenda is good on this), and some cinnamon, pour in a pie crust (or not) and bake it up. It perty good.

Also, leave the skin on, cut it in half and cook for a lil bit. Then scoop a bit out of the center and fill it some cooked wild rice, cranberry and canned chicked (ya know the type) put a lil maple syrup on it and put it back in the oven let it get cooked all the way through. Ats some goot stuff der.

Comment

Originally posted by legalstraight View Post
      Also, leave the skin on, cut it in half and cook for a lil bit. Then scoop a bit out of the center and fill it some cooked wild rice, cranberry and canned chicked (ya know the type) put a lil maple syrup on it and put it back in the oven let it get cooked all the way through. Ats some goot stuff der.
      THAT sounds really good! I actually have some wild rice in my fridge right now.

I'll check my healthy cookbooks for sumthin...I'm sure I can find something.

Comment

legal, do you eat the skin?

Comment

I do, I know other folks that don't. It's a personal thing. But at my grandma's we never peeled veggies and I really think that makes 'em taste better. But, my wife is a peeler.

By the way she reminded me that the stuffed sweet potato can also be done with acorn squash also.

Comment

healthy

Sweet Potatoes are very healthy. Much healthier than the regular white ones.
            I love 'em! Have you ever tried just baking them?
            Or candied sweet potatoes?

Originally posted by ndngirl73 View Post
            i'm looking for healthful recipes! for example, i'm looking for something else to do with a sweet potato, i know people mash them, make fries out them and make pies but i'm just trying to find other ways to cook them or other combinations to go with them!

in the being healthy thread there have been some good recipes. i'm just wondering if people have more??!!
            2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

I-Love-Nacho-Cheese.com Recipe! Movie Theater CHEESE!
              As Salaam Alaykum everyone.....
              I tried this today, and I thought I would share it with everyone! it came out pretty close to the movie theater cheese
              The Official ILoveNachoCheese.com Recipe
              Serving Size: Enough for one bowl of nachos (5-6 persons)
              Ingredients:
              • 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
              • 1 tbsp. corn starch
              • 1/2 cup milk
              • 1 oz. cream cheese,
              • cubed 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese,
              • shredded 1/8 cup monterey jack,
              • shredded 1/2 tsp. Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce. (Any habanero/scotch bonnet pepper sauce will do. We recommend anything with a "use with descretion" warning on the bottle.)
              • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
              • 1/4 tsp. paprika
              Directions:
              1. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt butter and stir in corn starch.
              2. Pour in the milk, add cream cheese, and continue to stir until mixture is fully incorporated.
              3. While stirring mix in cheddar and jack cheeses, chili powder, paprika, and hot pepper sauce.
              4. Continue to stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended.
              5. Pour over tortilla chips.
              Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional
              Devis mutuelle familiale des cheminots fr |Devis mutuelle familial vauban

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X