Alchoholism Rates Among Native Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchoholism Rates Among Native Americans

I've heard from a number of different sources, for a very long time, that not only are alchoholism rates a serious problem on reservations across the counrty, but that alchoholism rates among Native Americans are the highest out of all the different racial groups in the United States.
    This thread is to dicuss this issue.
    Here's 2 links to get started:
    1 in 10 Native American deaths alcohol related - Addictions- msnbc.com

Basic Summary for Fetal alcohol syndrome - CureResearch.com

(the second link has a list of the average annual rate of FAS among the different racial groups in the U.S. [Hispanics are not classified as NAs in this statistic])
    None
    0.00%
    1-4
    22.22%
    4-8
    0.00%
    More
    77.78%
    Last edited by Bodica; 02-25-2009, 09:11 PM. Reason: left somthing out
    I'm not responsible for my actions, I just do what the voices tell me to do.

One can only guess as to who is/isn't an alcoholic. That's why you don't get many responses to this thread. Only one person can tell you who is an alcoholic and that person is themselfs.

Besides....... alcoholism is NOT an Native American disease.

I don't know you. I don't know if I can trust you. Okay? Miigwech for your concern, tho'.

Comment

lol....the whole sterotype thing about Indians being drunk has some justice to it. Nah..juss playin of course. But I do know a lot of peeps who have alcohol issues. LOL

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X