• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ndn_butterfly
    replied
    Re: Cramps

Originally posted by One who seeks
    My hubby has those horrible cramps. He has them when he has worked hard and perspired a lot. He eats food with potasium, and drinks lots of juice, but still has those cramps. We've learned it's best for him to take a potasium pill before going to bed.

Talk to your doctor. There is a blood test for potasium level. Too much potasium can be harmful.

OWS
    Wow thanx Seeks, I'll be sure to check it out

Leave a comment:

• Singing Eagle
    replied
    Originally posted by MenNie Turtles
    yep or go to wally world an buy a bottle of the Leg Cramp over the counter stuff its called (Leg Craps) it really works.
    Leg craps?

Leave a comment:

• One who seeks
    replied
    Cramps

My hubby has those horrible cramps. He has them when he has worked hard and perspired a lot. He eats food with potasium, and drinks lots of juice, but still has those cramps. We've learned it's best for him to take a potasium pill before going to bed.

Talk to your doctor. There is a blood test for potasium level. Too much potasium can be harmful.

OWS

Leave a comment:

• ndn_butterfly
    replied
    :lol2: leg craps...haha
    well thanx everyone for your advice that was really helpful..
    but the funny thing is about the potassium thing..and what not..I eat bananas whenever I can and I LOVE potatoes...

Well maybe i'm just not getting enough of that eh?;)

Leave a comment:

• WolfTears
    replied
    yep or go to wally world an buy a bottle of the Leg Cramp over the counter stuff its called (Leg Craps) it really works.

Leave a comment:

• alamosaurus
    replied
    I have this fairly often myself. I was told it is caused by a lack of
    potassium, and to eat more bananas, potatos, etc.

Leave a comment:

• ogapahndn
    replied
    I used to have this problem back when I played alot of sports. It's usually caused by a buildup of lactic acid. I suggest stretching before you go to bed. It is definitely a shock to wake up to. When it does happen do a calf stretch in bed, that will relieve the pain. Just sit with that leg straight out in front of you, and reach and grab your toe. It could also be caused by a lack of potassium. Eating a banana often will cut down on the cramps. Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• ndn_butterfly
    started a topic Leg Cramps

Leg Cramps

Has anyone ever woken up in the middle of the night or early morning because you felt this excruciating pain in your calve(s)?
    This happens to me every so often, say like once or twice a year. Sometimes even days after it happened, I still feel a bit of pain. I walk a lot..but what do you think can be causing this?:(

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X