X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    have you tried?

Soda water with quine in it? It taste bitter, but it works according to my husbands anunt and my daugther is about to start on it for hers.

Leave a comment:

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    I have been reading all these answers with deep interest. My 14 year old daughter is going to the doctor tomorrow to have tests run because her leg cramps have gotten so bad. She does the stretches, eats bananas regularly and gets plenty of calcium. Glad I stopped by.

Leave a comment:

• chirapachegurl
    replied
    oh-my-lanta, i remember i had one of those too , and the one i remember vaguely was when i was pregnant. it was in the middle of the night and i was stretching or turning or something, and BAM!!!!!! it hit me. i was trying to rub my leg, i was trying to move it little by little, i was leaving it the hell alone, i was trying so many things, but man, that was a CRAMP with a capital 'c'. it was sooooo bad i was crying, and telling my sister that i had a cramp, :( :Cry and she was like, "huh? :mocking: " and went back to sleep. i felt that pain for about a week, like the soreness, or whatever it was, but i felt that. and i eat sooooo bad, and i hate milk, and s..o...m...e.....times eat bananas, lots of po-ta-toes, and i don't get them anymore, just that one time i guess. but now i will have no other choice but to eat healthy since i will be soon leaving to basic training. odd how i used to be a vegetarian and weight my average weight of 110, and now i eat meat and i dropped to 92, and now weigh 98. go figure....... :dontknow:

Leave a comment:

• amo
    replied
    leg cramps

Our bodies get so much attension at younger year. We work hard to perfect our bodies to top condition. I do not know what the age is today, but it used to be 27 years of age when our body starts losing muscle around our bones. To make it short, old people always say walk...walk...walk. I do not know what it means today with all the activities go around us all the time. Native Americans have hard time taking straight milk. A supplement added called lactaid was use to help the bones. If you work out really hard every day at sports. Pickle juice and baby formula drink slips my mind but it works for cramps. Hopes it helps you out.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Calcium Deficiency, I use to get them every night, my doctor said get more calcium. I did, now I hardly get the cramps. also if you do get the cramps always rub your leg length wise cause you can injure the muscle.

Leave a comment:

• Dezgn8veDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by powwowchic49

Water Water water! And Greens Greens Greens!
    *~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

So true POWWOWCHIC49....:), I drink tons of water daily, at if for whatever reason I short-change myself and excercise that particular day....oh Mama, I tend to cramp up....but in my feet mostly, right where the arch is.....:Cry...where I can't even move....LOL....yes, so water and greens are another two biggies to have in one's diet....:).

Leave a comment:

• Red_Passion49
    replied
    I get those awful cramps when I dont have enough greens in my diet. When I was in school I used to get them alot, but at home my Mom always provided me with salads and veggies. Now that I'm at college I have zero-green intake and I'm doing cheerleading so I'm gettin those cramps again.

Water Water water! And Greens Greens Greens!

Leave a comment:

• hidatsawmn26
    Guest replied
    ya know thats something i go through every day since it gets colder here ...i just do stretches..and when it cramps up wrap a hot towel around the leg or go soak in hot water....nto too hot ya gotta also walk around to keep yar circulation going thats what causes the cramp it has to do with muscle spasm and lack if circulation in yar body..try to relax yar muscle as much as possible..becca

Leave a comment:

• ndn_butterfly
    replied
    Thank you everyone for your responses!:D
    Yes I do play sports, just not before I go to bed..well I did play volleyball (and its vball season again *yay*)
    Maybe its cuz of the boots I wear..walkin on concrete all day..lol
    Oh well, but thanks for all of your advice!:)

Leave a comment:

• DeusExMachina
    replied
    Eat a banana and drink some milk. Do you play sports or do anything right before you go to bed? Even if it's just going up stairs all day, you can wake up to some terrible cramps. i used to get them when i worked at SOK because I was on my feet and climbing up/down ladders and stairs all day. Also, If you did some heavy duty stuff like that during the day and then sleep with your legs outside the covers, the cool air could cause your muscles to cramp.

Leave a comment:

• Dezgn8veDriver
    replied
    Yyyouch! :( leg cramps are no fun...potassium and lots of water on a daily basis will help eliminate the cramps.

If he gets the cramps, stretch the leg TOWARD himself, hold the stretch and gently massage.

If he's standing up, and the cramp comes on, step on something very cold....:p it really works!

Leave a comment:

• Ojidanowe
    replied
    Calcium and Magnesium Deficiency is a common cause of nighttime leg and feet cramping.
    That would be why the suggestion of drinking more milk or eating more milk products. You can also get a Calcium/Magnesium supplement at the drug or healthfood store. Since i have been taking the supplement I have no more cramps at night and i used to have them almost every night.

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    do some leg stretches.

Leave a comment:

• ndn_butterfly
    replied
    Originally posted by WantsNewName
    OWCHEEE!!!

Those night leg cramps are real doozeys. I got those plenty when I was pregnant and I can't remember what my doctor said but I think she told me to drink a 8 oz or 12 ozs.glass of milk.

I can't remember if that worked!!:Thinking

I just remember the pain!!! :Cry
    Ouch, I feel ya pain too girl. My friends told me that his dad would tell him the same thing (about drinkin the milk)..I should start drinkin more milk

Leave a comment:

• Gah-Gah!
    replied
    OWCHEEE!!!

Those night leg cramps are real doozeys. I got those plenty when I was pregnant and I can't remember what my doctor said but I think she told me to drink a 8 oz or 12 ozs.glass of milk.

I can't remember if that worked!!:Thinking

I just remember the pain!!! :Cry

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X