Stress relievers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress relievers

How do you relieve stress in your day to day life?

I swear I was on the verge of a panic attack the other day from so much stress.
    ...it is what it is...

I have a colleague who goes to the rifle range and shoots things. She claims it makes her feel much better. (I try very hard not to make her angry.)

Comment

What a great idea! Gonna get my 22-250 out of hock, buy some hollow points and go shoot some rotten apples or old melons or something that will really blow up.
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Calming your self

Something I do is called "square breathing" You breath in for a count of four,hold for a count of four, breath out for a count of four and hold again for a count of four. Repeat as necessary. What it does is slow your heartbeat just a little while focusing your attention away from the stress for a minute. It is also a good way to still your mind as a beginning to meditation.
        of course hollow points DO have their place.
        lol
        Mutt

Comment

That breathing is a good technique. I really got to get serious about stress relief.

Yesterday I developed a throbbing twitch on the side of my head. Now it's back...very annoying...and almost gives me a headache.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

I play music alot. I go with r&b when I need to calm down. Or I will do is pick up a book, that always does the trick. Or watch a comedy.

Comment

good deal

Wyo I'm glad it worked for you. Amazing how something so simple can help. Do take care of yourself . As women we tend to do so much for everybody else it's easy to forget to do for ourselves.

Mutt

Comment

Musicm for sure, usually some epic sounding metal and I'll forget all that is causing some stress. LOL.
                CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

I do tend to JAM OUT in my car while I'm dashing around. Got my fade set just how I like it. The college has a good station nowadays, and there's always the rez station for either old time country or powwow jams. I have Sirius but don't take the time to turn it on unless I'm on a long trip.

The breathing really helps during the "stress points" when I feel my blood pressure rising. It's similar to my "4x4" breathing when hiking. I put it in low and go. 1(in) - 2 - 3 (out) - 4....in time with each step. It's a habit, so not hard to change it up to the other 4 square breathing.

Stress relievers for income tax time:
                  iPod
                  Ruger .22 Magnum
                  Hot tub
                  Vacation to Hawaii (I wish)

The throbbing has subsided and I'm trying to adopt a "no worries, mate" policy.
                  ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                    I have a colleague who goes to the rifle range and shoots things. She claims it makes her feel much better. (I try very hard not to make her angry.)
                    That's what I like to do to, throw down some lead, but there's only so much time in a day...so I can't get to the range as often as I'd like to ....so...I go with deep breathing...or excercise...
                    weights help out a lot too....
                    I will be a good girl , I will be a good girl, I will be a good girl......awe hell, we know this ain't gonna happen....

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"

Comment

Originally posted by trouble View Post
                      That's what I like to do to, throw down some lead, but there's only so much time in a day...so I can't get to the range as often as I'd like to ....so...I go with deep breathing...or excercise...
                      weights help out a lot too....

I have a good method to relieve a lot of stress! But it takes two people!!

Stuff flies, lots of deep breathing, exercising included, but no weights needed!

Comment

I know a great way to relieve stress...just wish my wife would let me try it out on her more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                          I have a good method to relieve a lot of stress! But it takes two people!!

Stuff flies, lots of deep breathing, exercising included, but no weights needed!
                          Originally posted by pigheaded View Post
                          I know a great way to relieve stress...just wish my wife would let me try it out on her more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                            What G&B?

R u a bit stressed?

Comment

i guess so lol

whats that trophy next to your name?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X