Cloth Diapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Diapers

My baby grandson needs to start using cloth diapers due to some wicked heat/diaper rash.

They don't sell them in any stores locally, so I'm ordering online. They're all so different nowadays from when my kids were wearing them.

Anybody have good results with the all-in-one cloth diapers with closures?
    ...it is what it is...

morning again ,

when my kids were babies about 20 years ago for the middles ones i used cloth and some time diaper rash came on anyways and i used genshion volite the purple medican that cures yeast rashes you put it on the skin not oral. i SEE YOUR GRANDSON HAS A HEAT RASH not a yeast...then air it the best how old is he?MAYBE AFTER THE MORNING FEEDING AND AFTER HE DOES HIS BUSINESS ..MAYBE YALL CAN LET HIM BREZZ anyway a diaper service is nice takes the cloth diaper and washes them and brings clean ones to you, its a weekly service
    Last edited by 2lineCarrandMorgan; 07-01-2010, 10:31 AM.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

My mother has used cloth with all 6 of her kids.

My mom says,one of the problems with the all in one diapers is that they don't tend to dry thoroughly.There are some all in ones that come with an insert that you can take out and put back in,that way you can hang them up out side and they will dry faster.Her choice has always been the big chinese pre-folds with pins and plastic pants[whisper pants].They are easier use as they can be used from a very small size till potty training,also you can fold them any way you want.
      http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...products_id=89
      You can google cloth diapers and you'll find a lot of stuff too.
      Last edited by MCKiemle; 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
      - Solomon

Comment

I use cloth diapers. Started with my eldest (now 14) and still do today. My faves are Kooshies. Very absorbent. I have tried a few others that people gave me but always prefered the Kooshies. I recommend the ultras. They are all good all though the basics (cheaper) are not as absorbent...and they are super cute. I also recommend cloth liners...all though many people make their own liners. There is an initial cost but since you won't be buying disposables again it makes up for it very quickly. To save money when you wash put on an extra spin cycle then hang to dry. Now hang drying leaves them stiffer so a quick toss in the dryer after with a wet cloth softens back up. You will also need a diaper pail. All you really need in this is water & vinegar (for smell).

Kushies Cloth Diapers

Comment

Yes we've used the kushies!! We used them to line the chinese prefolds.
          We still have them,they are so cute! There's nothing like the smell of clean diapers off the line.
          Last edited by MCKiemle; 07-01-2010, 11:46 PM.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
          - Solomon

Comment

Thanks for all the info.

When I used the "fold your own", I'd hang them out on the line and our WYO wind would beat them into softness.
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
              Thanks for all the info.

When I used the "fold your own", I'd hang them out on the line and our WYO wind would beat them into softness.
              In the winter ours freeze dry...but that smells nice. And in the summer I often throw em in the dryer cuz it gets so humid they take forever to dry, and on those days there is no wind.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
                In the winter ours freeze dry...but that smells nice. And in the summer I often throw em in the dryer cuz it gets so humid they take forever to dry, and on those days there is no wind.
                I know what your talking about,they just kind of hang there in the humidity..you start to worry that they will get moldy,or mossy!
                Usually the wind beats them out real nice and they come in nice and soft,but now we don't hang too much laundry outside because too many of our family have allergies.
                Last edited by MCKiemle; 07-03-2010, 01:43 PM. Reason: There is a "w" in the word "now"

- Solomon

Comment

late add in here. I dont like all in one or all in two dipes. They tend to retain odors more,since you cannot strip them properly. Because of the pull being sewn on. Prefolds and covers are both inexpensive but alot more durable.
                  I use pockets dipes for my two right now

Comment

I ended up ordering prefolds and some good covers (hope they're good) from BabysRUs. BumGenius had a pack for $50(!).

One online store had a sample pack of several different all-in-ones and I ALMOST went for it. Hopefully our pack will get here soon, but luckily we're having a cold spell and baby shouldn't be getting too much heat rash now.
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X