Attention Newborn Parents!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Newborn Parents!!!

I thought maybe some newborn parents should know about something. I know I didn't know and I wish someone had told me about this.

Pyloric Stenosis. It is quite common in some newborn children. They usually gradually get it over a period of 3 months, but in some cases it progresses really fast.

What this is, is a muscle at the bottom of the stomach (pyloris) is usually about 1-2 mm thick. If a child has pyloric stenosis this muscle will thicken. Which in turn means that the food does not go on to the small intestine. A dangerous part to this, the infant does throw up. You really have to watch them when throwing up, when it gets really bad, the vomit will go out from the infant a couple of feet away. Projectile vomiting is what they call it. Plus on the right hand side of their stomach, you can feel a lump. It would be about the size of a olive. That is pretty bad if you feel that.

My son had this. He was diagnoised with it at 2 weeks, the doctors thought they had time before he had to have surgery. But with in a week and a half, he had gotten up to 8mm thick. So when he was 1 month old he had the surgery.

If you would like to know more about this, please do pm me or send me a email at :
    [email protected]

Do not hesitate to ask me. I really researched this.
    I didn't do it, honestly. I have burned all the proof.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X