Your Teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Teeth!!

Honestly now. How many of you Native men and women and teens out there brush your teeth faithfully every night and morning? When I first look at someone and smile, the first thing I notice are teeth! Some are nice and white and some are brown and some are................well, just not there. *LOL*.
    Truly though many of us are not taught about brushing our teeth and how important that is. Sad today when you see little children with bad teeth!!!!!!

As the saying goes: If you are not true to your teeth.....your teeth will be false to you!
    "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

I do :D dont have any cavities either and I have em all

Comment

Gache...........good for you!! :D

Comment

i brush and flosh regularly...

It is important for me to do this b/c well....it should be important to everyone and i don't think i need to explain.

a person's teeth are the first thing i notice about people too....you teeth tell alot about you.

if your teeth ain't clean then I don't wanna snag you b/c well your obviously not keeping up on hygene.
        "Deep Thoughts" By Jack Handy

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieB
          i brush and flosh regularly...

It is important for me to do this b/c well....it should be important to everyone and i don't think i need to explain.

a person's teeth are the first thing i notice about people too....you teeth tell alot about you.

if your teeth ain't clean then I don't wanna snag you b/c well your obviously not keeping up on hygene.
          So true Maggie!!! Can you imagine kissing someone with grody teeth? ewwwwwww. But it is true though......many of our people do not teach their children about dental hygiene and how important that really really is.

Comment

Originally posted by straightdancerinaz
            Brush, floss and visit my dentist regularly.......just like Gache...I got all my teefs!!

.....not a cavity in sight!!!!!!
            Thats awesome!

Comment

I BRUSH MINE VERY FAITHFULLY EVERY NIGHT AND MORING AND WELL I BRUSH FOUR TIMES A DAY.:Crazy MY PEARLIE WHITES

Comment

yea aint nothin as keen as a fine indian man w/a big white cheesy smile! :)

i brush, but am lazy on the flossing... :) anyone have any tips on how to make that more enjoyable? ayeeee. ok no seriously.
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl
                  yea aint nothin as keen as a fine indian man w/a big white cheesy smile! :)

i brush, but am lazy on the flossing... :) anyone have any tips on how to make that more enjoyable? ayeeee. ok no seriously.
                  Oh heck yeah. Nice white teeth on a ndn man is sexy. I "MAKE" my man brush all the time. Or else he don't get no kissin .. ayee. I get lazy on the flossing too. I don't know...maybe we can try the flavoured floss?

Comment

Then again...I've had those deep cleanings where the dentist gets up inside the gums with those sharp lil tools he uses and when its all done it hurts, but if I'd floss the way I'm suppose to...........I wouldn't have to go for those anymore. *gonna think about that from now on* *hehe*. :D

Comment

I brush and floss now everyday but only becuase my ex was kissing me one time and blurts out boy your breath stinks then she did a fake gage. I was so embarased but I brushed but I really needed to floss and get that sewege out my mouth. I learned just cause it looks whte and clean smells tell the real truth.
                      We want a lady on the streets but a freak in the bed!

Comment

Originally posted by NAPEW
                        I brush and floss now everyday but only becuase my ex was kissing me one time and blurts out boy your breath stinks then she did a fake gage. I was so embarased but I brushed but I really needed to floss and get that sewege out my mouth. I learned just cause it looks whte and clean smells tell the real truth.
                        *LOL* sewage...eww! Good for you NAPEW!! Like someone said earlier, ain't nothing sexier than an ndn man with pearly whites!!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by NAPEW
                          *LOL* sewage...ick! Good for you NAPEW!! Like someone said earlier, ain't nothing sexier than an ndn man with pearly whites!!!! :D

Comment

Dental Care for Kids

I have worked with young children for several years. When I first began in this field, I was shocked at the bad teeth I saw in kids who weren't even in kindegarden! Part of my job is to teach this stuff. This is what I have learned:

* Take the child to the dentist at age 2
                            * If the child takes a sippy or bottle to bed, fill it with water. The natural and artificial sugars in juice and milk will rot teeth as easy as the sugar in pop or kool-aid.
                            *As soon as the child gets teeth, brush them gently.
                            *Before teeth emerge, massage gums with a wet, soft cloth to stimulate the gums and remove bacteria.
                            *Teach the child to brush his own teeth.
                            *Bad baby teeth can damage the permanent teeth growing below them.

For more information, go to the American Dental Association website.

OWS
                            Seeing the result of our actions should not be why we act; it should be the action itself.

Comment

Re: Dental Care for Kids

[QUOTE]Originally posted by One who seeks
                              [B]I have worked with young children for several years. When I first began in this field, I was shocked at the bad teeth I saw in kids who weren't even in kindegarden! Part of my job is to teach this stuff. This is what I have learned:

* Take the child to the dentist at age 2
                              * If the child takes a sippy or bottle to bed, fill it with water. The natural and artificial sugars in juice and milk will rot teeth as easy as the sugar in pop or kool-aid.
                              *As soon as the child gets teeth, brush them gently.
                              *Before teeth emerge, massage gums with a wet, soft cloth to stimulate the gums and remove bacteria.
                              *Teach the child to brush his own teeth.
                              *Bad baby teeth can damage the permanent teeth growing below them.

For more information, go to the American Dental Association website.

Thanks for that valuable information! Many do not realize how important dental hygiene is. We have five daughters between us and we make sure everyone one of them brush daily and nightly, faithfully! I have seen pre-school children with bad teeth and man, that is the most saddest sight to look at, when something so simple is overlooked.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X