Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegetables and Fruit, as nutrient.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vegetables and Fruit, as nutrient.

    Well It is clear that vegetables and fruits performs important, role in improvement of our health and changed way of life because of the fact these have natural vitamins. protein, calcium mineral, iron and different nutritional value which our body is needed but unfortunately it is sorry to say that large number of people are still stick on foods which are the major cause of obese and high-cholesterol level.
    fitness classes san carlos

  • #2
    Originally posted by Lisandro View Post
    Well It is clear that vegetables and fruits performs important, role in improvement of our health and changed way of life because of the fact these have natural vitamins. protein, calcium mineral, iron and different nutritional value which our body is needed but unfortunately it is sorry to say that large number of people are still stick on foods which are the major cause of obese and high-cholesterol level.
    I switched to carrotts, celery, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, broccoli, nuts, bananas, and apple. Totally cut out anything tried and all beverages except for water.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
      I switched to carrotts, celery, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, broccoli, nuts, bananas, and apple. Totally cut out anything tried and all beverages except for water.
      So I can't invite you and [MENTION=198953]Lisandro[/MENTION] to the whole hog bbq? We are having grits, macaroni and cheese (down south its classified as a vegetable, along with grits), some collards boiled to death and then cooked in fatback or bacon grease, a sidecar of bacon grease, with some pork fat dipping sticks, and I was making deep fried donuts--that's where you take a donut (which is already deep fried and 75% greaase) and then you batter it up and deep fry it again, for another hole layer, for dessert. I could probably put some more bacon grease and pork fat in the hole of the donut before I batter it so it'd have this greasy liquid center. just kidding. I am really sick of southern cooking.

      Nah, we went almost completely vegetarian, just high end seafood, we live near the ocean, or organic or fresh hunted or raised by us. And then only two or three times a week. Vegetarians the rest of the time. I do use a few dairy items, butter, cheese rarely and yogurt, and eggs occasionally. But cut out most of the meat, including Mr. Hogg which down here is sacreligious. Mostly vegetables most of the time. We try to catch or raise what we eat, chickens and rabbits, both of which are vegan fed, deer meat and buffalo, except no hogs, there's worms in the hog meat anyway.
      Last edited by muskrat_skull; 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
        So I can't invite you and [MENTION=198953]Lisandro[/MENTION] to the whole hog bbq? We are having grits, macaroni and cheese (down south its classified as a vegetable, along with grits), some collards boiled to death and then cooked in fatback or bacon grease, a sidecar of bacon grease, with some pork fat dipping sticks, and I was making deep fried donuts--that's where you take a donut (which is already deep fried and 75% greaase) and then you batter it up and deep fry it again, for another hole layer, for dessert. I could probably put some more bacon grease and pork fat in the hole of the donut before I batter it so it'd have this greasy liquid center. just kidding. I am really sick of southern cooking.

        Nah, we went almost completely vegetarian, just high end seafood, we live near the ocean, or organic or fresh hunted or raised by us. And then only two or three times a week. Vegetarians the rest of the time. I do use a few dairy items, butter, cheese rarely and yogurt, and eggs occasionally. But cut out most of the meat, including Mr. Hogg which down here is sacreligious. Mostly vegetables most of the time. We try to catch or raise what we eat, chickens and rabbits, both of which are vegan fed, deer meat and buffalo, except no hogs, there's worms in the hog meat anyway.
        LOL You know, down here in the south, they string you up if you tell people about the worms in hogs. That's a carefully guarded secret. Some people counter and say, oh, there USED to be worms or that if you cook it well enough, you KILL the worms, but I don't think the cooking removes the worms from the meat...you still eat dead cooked worms in a well cooked hog.

        Yep, as we speak, Paula Deen is scanning your notes and triangulating your position to find you. Poor muscrat_skull. LOL

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by docat View Post
          LOL You know, down here in the south, they string you up if you tell people about the worms in hogs. That's a carefully guarded secret. Some people counter and say, oh, there USED to be worms or that if you cook it well enough, you KILL the worms, but I don't think the cooking removes the worms from the meat...you still eat dead cooked worms in a well cooked hog.

          Yep, as we speak, Paula Deen is scanning your notes and triangulating your position to find you. Poor muscrat_skull. LOL
          Yeah, the risk of the worms is also there in butchering and handling the meat, the eggs and all can get under your fingernails or whatever. They say you're supposed to catch the hog alive, transport it to your home, worm the hog and keep it in a pen, a wild hog, for a month feeding it. Hardly free meat at that point. And if you eat the meat too soon, the wormer isn't good for you. Most people just eat it with the worms. Its the only deed restriction I have, can't keep hogs, you know you're a redneck when...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
            Yeah, the risk of the worms is also there in butchering and handling the meat, the eggs and all can get under your fingernails or whatever. They say you're supposed to catch the hog alive, transport it to your home, worm the hog and keep it in a pen, a wild hog, for a month feeding it. Hardly free meat at that point. And if you eat the meat too soon, the wormer isn't good for you. Most people just eat it with the worms. Its the only deed restriction I have, can't keep hogs, you know you're a redneck when...
            you consider Mahatma rice a vegetable and the first thing you get at the grocery store on trading day is CRISCO!!!


            Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?


            "When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

            Mr. Rossie Freeman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
              Yeah, the risk of the worms is also there in butchering and handling the meat, the eggs and all can get under your fingernails or whatever. They say you're supposed to catch the hog alive, transport it to your home, worm the hog and keep it in a pen, a wild hog, for a month feeding it. Hardly free meat at that point. And if you eat the meat too soon, the wormer isn't good for you. Most people just eat it with the worms. Its the only deed restriction I have, can't keep hogs, you know you're a redneck when...
              Oh my, people just eat it with the worms? I read somewhere that 95% of people carry around worms of some sort. That's just plain nasty. In the old days, my aunt told me that our family used to worm the children in the spring. I heard horror stories about the concoction they had to drink that was strong enough to kill the worms but would allow the children to still live.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                you consider Mahatma rice a vegetable and the first thing you get at the grocery store on trading day is CRISCO!!!
                LOL!!
                When your turkey at the holidays is turkey shaped crisco. You know I heard there's alot you can do with crisco...

                Comment


                • #9
                  [email protected] about the worms. I have a friend who doesn't eat pork because of this.

                  I would like nothing more than to be healthier, but a lot of times I'm on the go. I try to eat healthier especially since i had my liver transplant surgery, but some of my medications just makes me want to eat ANYTHING! It's crazy how i'll want to eat another big meal even though I had eaten just an hour ago. I keep some no sugar pudding, yogurt, fruit, and other snacks around, but it doesn't help!! I still get hungry. I will have to endure for another couple of months when docs will wean me from the meds.
                  Bead All You Can Bead

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
                    [email protected] about the worms. I have a friend who doesn't eat pork because of this.

                    I would like nothing more than to be healthier, but a lot of times I'm on the go. I try to eat healthier especially since i had my liver transplant surgery, but some of my medications just makes me want to eat ANYTHING! It's crazy how i'll want to eat another big meal even though I had eaten just an hour ago. I keep some no sugar pudding, yogurt, fruit, and other snacks around, but it doesn't help!! I still get hungry. I will have to endure for another couple of months when docs will wean me from the meds.
                    I am sorry to hear you needed the transplant but glad you got it. Yogurt is supposed to be really good because the lactic acid helps toxins get out of your body. When I take those types of meds, not as high a dose as you, I try to eat a little really slowly, but usually it doesn't help. Now that your liver is gonna work so much better, you will probably drop any extra pounds much easier once you are back on your normal routine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
                      I am sorry to hear you needed the transplant but glad you got it. Yogurt is supposed to be really good because the lactic acid helps toxins get out of your body. When I take those types of meds, not as high a dose as you, I try to eat a little really slowly, but usually it doesn't help. Now that your liver is gonna work so much better, you will probably drop any extra pounds much easier once you are back on your normal routine.
                      I'm very fortunate to receive a new liver. My situation was very scary. Once I found out I had Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), i was told i needed a new liver within 24-48 hours or else I'd die. I don't remember this at all, but my husband and family were scared. After 24 hours, I did receive a new liver from an anonymous 27 year old petite woman from the Dallas area. Her unselfish decision is what saved my life. I'll forever be grateful for her.

                      As far as my meds, the one that affects me so much is the prednisone. I'll be glad to discontinue taking it. My tranplant coordinator says after 6 months, I will probably stop taking it. March 7 will be 6 months post transplant, but my next visit isn't until April 4. But...i shouldn't complain. I'm now healthy and live, so what's one lil pill to worry about? LOL.

                      Are you on FB? There's a group called Liver Transplant Patients, i believe. If you haven't already, you should join!
                      Bead All You Can Bead

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
                        I'm very fortunate to receive a new liver. My situation was very scary. Once I found out I had Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), i was told i needed a new liver within 24-48 hours or else I'd die. I don't remember this at all, but my husband and family were scared. After 24 hours, I did receive a new liver from an anonymous 27 year old petite woman from the Dallas area. Her unselfish decision is what saved my life. I'll forever be grateful for her.

                        As far as my meds, the one that affects me so much is the prednisone. I'll be glad to discontinue taking it. My tranplant coordinator says after 6 months, I will probably stop taking it. March 7 will be 6 months post transplant, but my next visit isn't until April 4. But...i shouldn't complain. I'm now healthy and live, so what's one lil pill to worry about? LOL.

                        Are you on FB? There's a group called Liver Transplant Patients, i believe. If you haven't already, you should join!
                        No, I'm not on FB. I am on that med now. my meld isn't high enough for them. I got acutely ill when I was young, and have just slowly malingered for a while, the rest of my body being attacked as you know, the disease affects all kinds of things. Now things are changing as I'm older too.

                        That should be a cure for you and you'll be off that pred soon. I take handfuls of stuff. I think that AIH and PBC are more prevalent in Indians, right? It seems to be in my family.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by muskrat_skull View Post
                          No, I'm not on FB. I am on that med now. my meld isn't high enough for them. I got acutely ill when I was young, and have just slowly malingered for a while, the rest of my body being attacked as you know, the disease affects all kinds of things. Now things are changing as I'm older too.

                          That should be a cure for you and you'll be off that pred soon. I take handfuls of stuff. I think that AIH and PBC are more prevalent in Indians, right? It seems to be in my family.
                          So far, I'm the only one in my family and tribe who needed a liver transplant, although a distant relative will need a liver transplant soon, too. I'm not sure what his condition is though.

                          Have you ever researched AIH and alternative methods? I just recently read a book about a mother who did a lot of research for her young daughter at that time. She went on to find alternative methods for her daughter's AIH, and "cured" her from it. It was very interesting and made some sense. I believe the book is called Curing Courtney. I do believe we all have the potential to heal ourselves if we can commit to it.

                          I wish you good luck and prayers for healing!! Without prayer, i would not be here at all.
                          Bead All You Can Bead

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
                            So far, I'm the only one in my family and tribe who needed a liver transplant, although a distant relative will need a liver transplant soon, too. I'm not sure what his condition is though.

                            Have you ever researched AIH and alternative methods? I just recently read a book about a mother who did a lot of research for her young daughter at that time. She went on to find alternative methods for her daughter's AIH, and "cured" her from it. It was very interesting and made some sense. I believe the book is called Curing Courtney. I do believe we all have the potential to heal ourselves if we can commit to it.

                            I wish you good luck and prayers for healing!! Without prayer, i would not be here at all.
                            I will check out the book. Thanks! I have the markers for pbc and aih and other associated autoimmune syndromes. I am very careful with my liver after two severe bouts. They said they don't know what will cause liver failure, or when. Anything, anytime. Like you, it just happens out of the blue. But meanwhile the rest of my body is being trashed. Did you know you had AIH before you went into liver failure?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
                              [email protected] about the worms. I have a friend who doesn't eat pork because of this.

                              I would like nothing more than to be healthier, but a lot of times I'm on the go. I try to eat healthier especially since i had my liver transplant surgery, but some of my medications just makes me want to eat ANYTHING! It's crazy how i'll want to eat another big meal even though I had eaten just an hour ago. I keep some no sugar pudding, yogurt, fruit, and other snacks around, but it doesn't help!! I still get hungry. I will have to endure for another couple of months when docs will wean me from the meds.
                              That's me! For some odd unrelated reasons.

                              What I've found that helps: drinking Knoxx gelatin dissolved in hot water twice a day. And have an Atkins shake twice a day: before breakfast (or after if I eat early), and as my afterschool snack. And even have some on hand if I'm hungry before bed.

                              This isn't in place of any meals..just keeps me from cheating.
                              ...it is what it is...

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • MissGolightly
                                Why I Hate Atkins Diet or Any other Low Carb/Fad Diet
                                by MissGolightly
                                OK, this is a thread to for anyone to rant about silly things we do to lose weight and like Ruby2day said, we obsess to much about our weight--maybe it's because we are the fattest country in the world. LOL.
                                Anyway, this article sums it up why I can't stand low-carb FAD diets. :Eyepopper (I...
                                05-14-2004, 01:48 PM
                              • wyo_rose
                                What to do with a tough or dry roast
                                by wyo_rose
                                Well, I was trying to cook a cheap roast the same way I cooked my rib roast, seared then (high temp (400 degrees) for 30 min, then low temp (275) for the rest of the time and using a meat thermometer and stuff.

                                But my darn rump roast turned out tough and dry. Finally I sliced it up thin...
                                01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
                              • Josiah
                                Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans
                                by Josiah
                                I was sent this in an email and read the article
                                Fasinating stuff I was always told that it was because of grease that is why we are having Health problems that is not necessary so
                                READ the Article





                                By Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, PhD...
                                01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
                              • WhoMe
                                Powwow Frybread
                                by WhoMe
                                Almost everyone who has been to powwows knows about Frybread (aka. Bannock, popovers etc.) Powwow vendors sell frybread as a their main staple.

                                Regional preparation differs and there is definitely a hierarchy of different degrees of excellence.

                                Some dancers don't eat it...
                                09-17-2008, 12:07 PM
                              • between2worlds
                                4th of July Feasts
                                by between2worlds
                                The 4th of July for our family during my teen years was one of those "gathering" days. Somebody would go get the Grandmas, cousins you didn't know you had would show up, aunts and uncles along with anyone's friends who were hanging out for the day would converge on the lake cabin my parents...
                                07-04-2007, 02:21 PM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X