Pow Wow Visitor

• normanmackay
    replied
    get those all the time so I try to get away from coffee now

poker games

Leave a comment:

• Alston
    replied
    Hey guys,Coffee is the best way for get energy and strength so i like the coffee because it keep us active on the mentally.It is the best anti-oxidant for good health and reduce the extra body fat.

belmont personal trainer
    Last edited by Alston; 11-18-2013, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DAGDRUSIA
    Pow Wow Visitor

• DAGDRUSIA
    replied
    Coffee Headaches

This is great

Natasha,
    What effect is my admittedly excessive caffeine consumption 5 or so cups a day of high-quality coffee, usually black with some sugar having on me. It does make me feel awake, alert, and not hungry. What could be wrong with that? And it tastes good.

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    The voices tell me...

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    I like my coffee black too. Hold the ceremony

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    Pow Wow Committee

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    I like mine black, sometimes around the hollidays if they have a mint or a gingerbead creamer I will drink it that way. I love going into coffee shops and ask what do you have to drink? And then ask for names every roast they have lol Then I say ill just have coffee, heehee the they are like are you for real? lol

Leave a comment:

• annie_griffin
    Junior Dancer

• annie_griffin
    replied
    coffee

Tibiki,
    Didn't realize coffee could trigger a migraine I can certainly understand your switch to tea.

Eagle Plumes,
    Wow that takes some strength of character for sure. I keep scrimping on the milk and sugar. Coffee just doesn't taste all that great without that.

I got spoiled working at that coffee shop. Now my ordinary coffee just isn't as good :(

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    Pow Wow Committee

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Originally posted by annie_griffin View Post
    Eagles Plumes,
    That must be one happy hubby :)

Oh well giving up coffee all together just didn't take.

Like Little Wolf I too am a coffee addict. It is suppose to do something good for you.

Oh I think it cures headaches RAOTFL
    Yrs ago I tried to get my husband to quit smoking he says ok I will but you give up coffee, he thought he was pretty safe knowing my adiction to coffee lol but I quit and OMG the headaches and boy was I a monster and a half lol my mother n law tried to sneek me coffee because she saw how much my head hurt but I was by then bound and determind to win lol. He quit then let me have my coffee .

Leave a comment:

• Tibiki Kinew
    The bear is out!

• Tibiki Kinew
    replied
    Lately I have been a tea drinker... coffee if not a flavoured one doesn't taste good any more for me.... I used to drink on average about 10 cups a day. Now if I get 1 cup on weekends I am good! I found out for me that it triggers migraines!!! So if I know I want a coffee all I have to do is think of the pain and then smile and say no thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• annie_griffin
    Junior Dancer

• annie_griffin
    replied
    happy

Eagles Plumes,
    That must be one happy hubby :)

Oh well giving up coffee all together just didn't take.

Like Little Wolf I too am a coffee addict. It is suppose to do something good for you.

Oh I think it cures headaches RAOTFL

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    Pow Wow Committee

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    I love coffee, roll over give hubby a good morning hug n smooch then head to make the coffee I normally have two pots made by 6:30. If its cold I make more then that.

Leave a comment:

• annie_griffin
    Junior Dancer

• annie_griffin
    replied
    hmm

What a coincidence I was just thinking that I wanted to give up coffee all together starting today and this thread is revived.
    It is 9:01 and I have not had my coffee.

Leave a comment:

• ugidali
    Powwows.com Princess

• ugidali
    replied
    Try taking "Aleve" instead.

Originally posted by Gah-Gah! View Post
    Does any one else get painful headaches if they don't have coffee every day? :coffee!:

Even if I take a Tylenol or something it does not relieve the pain!! :34: Oweeeeeeee!!

Although, if I go and get a cup of hot coffee it disappears?!
    Is my brain addicted to coffee? I try to stop drinking it, but I can't the pain is too much, and I find myself giving in to the calls of the coffee!! :Cry

Leave a comment:

• annie_griffin
    Junior Dancer

• annie_griffin
    replied
    coffee

You just can't fight the coffee it is a losing battle. I work as a Barista now and see all kinds of coffee drinkers.

annie

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    Lion of Judah

• RDNKJ
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Not terribly surprising. Some extraction processes use oils extracted from green coffee to help increase caffeine solubility without losing too many other flavor components. The balance of aromatic compounds is likely as not altered and would be detectable to a good nose.

How is caffeine removed to produce decaffeinated coffee? : Scientific American

A list of some of the chemicals in coffee. Ain't mother nature a great synthetic chemist!

Farmacy Query

If you are really interested in plants as chemists the online textbooks by the Palomar College Arboretum make some interesting reading.
    Very interesting! As a child, I wanted to be a botanist when I grew up...but then found myself gravitating more towards the social sciences. I still find plants fascinating, though!

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    Pow Wow Committee

• OLChemist
    replied
    Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
    I can, however, tell the difference in the smell of the unbrewed/raw grounds. Decaf grounds smell like cat urine to me!
    Not terribly surprising. Some extraction processes use oils extracted from green coffee to help increase caffeine solubility without losing too many other flavor components. The balance of aromatic compounds is likely as not altered and would be detectable to a good nose.

How is caffeine removed to produce decaffeinated coffee? : Scientific American

A list of some of the chemicals in coffee. Ain't mother nature a great synthetic chemist!

Farmacy Query

If you are really interested in plants as chemists the online textbooks by the Palomar College Arboretum make some interesting reading.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X