Backpack weekend food program for kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• wyo_rose
    Potato Substitutes
    by wyo_rose
    Potatoes aren't really a vegetable, they're a tuber, and full of starch - complex carbohydrate - which is just 3 or more sugar molecules linked together. And although they may digest a LITTLE slower than simple sugars, it's sugar in your system none the less.

Many people were brought...
    07-16-2009, 11:55 AM
  • OLChemist
    Recipes for Sampling Native Foods
    by OLChemist
    I was going to make a sampling of Native American/Native influenced foods to take to work on the last Friday of Nov to do a little consciousness raising.

There are 25-30 people at our main site. Two won't eat anything I cook because it isn't halal. Three are radical vegans. Things...
    11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
  • wyo_rose
    Salmon Patties
    by wyo_rose
    Baked salmon was on our Thanksgiving table also! Easy as pie, just wash a whole salmon (gutted) and put it on a pan. Place in oven for one hour at 350 degrees.

Now we find ourselves with a little extra salmon and I got nixed on the idea of salmon chowder.

Salmon patties...
    11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
  • between2worlds
    No Bake Rum Balls
    by between2worlds
    You can make this recipe the "easy" way or the hard way. The hard way is about 200% better, but time is sometimes the name of the game during the holidays and this is one the kids can help some with.

1 lb. vanilla wafers (if you wanna do this the hard way see the recipe below...
    12-09-2006, 09:50 PM
  • Mato Winyan
    Native Cooking
    by Mato Winyan
    Native Cooking
    Posted: April 26, 2005
    by: Dale Carson / Indian Country Today

In some ways, our ancestors had it easy: yes, easy. They didn't have to make a million decisions about what to have for dinner. They cooked outside for the most part, and as we all...
    05-07-2005, 12:38 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X