Ladies Your Help or Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies Your Help or Info Please

Hey just wanted to ask yall ladies out there... for anyone that was on the "shot" aka Depo Provera... how long does it take for that to wear off, and have your moon time again? Been almost 3 months... and nothing yet for me

Well I got the shot the day after I gave birth to my daughter, and I am not sure how long it took to wear off because I am single. But I got my moon 6 months later. Hope that could in any way help. :Help
    If you allow the world to change you, only then can you change the world....

Comment

hello

I have never taken depo provera, but I work in a pharmacy, and I can tell you, it has many side effects and probably the only way you will get your moon time back again is to switch to another medicine..and if you are trying to have a baby, it can take, the average wait is ten months. I will see what other information I can find out for you..take care..rachel
      rachel

Comment

Scary.

Our moon times coincides with the cycle of the moon each month. Nowadays it is controlled by chemicle.
        "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Re: hello

Originally posted by tigerlily79
          I have never taken depo provera, but I work in a pharmacy, and I can tell you, it has many side effects and probably the only way you will get your moon time back again is to switch to another medicine..and if you are trying to have a baby, it can take, the average wait is ten months. I will see what other information I can find out for you..take care..rachel
          Hola, I had no idea:( Geez! I am not trying to have a baby,just thought that I did not need to be on it anymore. Pm or email me if you have any more info

Thanks!

Comment

Riverwoman,

I just came off the shot in July. Well I didn't go in for my July shot, but I asked the doctor to put me back on the pill. She did. When it was time to have my period that coincides with the pills, I had one but it was VERY light and only last like 2 days but I did have it the next month. It was the first one I had in over 2 years (since I started taking the shot). The next month it was a bit heavier and was a bit longer. The month after that I was pretty much back to normal. I think it just depends on how your body responded to the shot and how it responds to not having it. Maybe trying going on the pill for a bit and see if you get it back.

Just my thoughts.
            He's the type of rez I like
            ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Yeah it took about six months for me to get back on schedule.

Comment

I think I might just have to try that, and go in to see the doctor and see what he has to say. Thanks all for your insight!

Comment

more about depo provera

The only other things i know about this birth control is that the common side effects are very light bleeding, or spotting..usually after taking the medicine after 5 years, your period would disappear completely, and it can take up to a year after you quit taking it to have a period again...the less common side effects are loss of appetite, weight gain, headache, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, loss of hair, or increased body hair, depression, tender breast and the more serious side effects are abdominal pain, yellow of the skin or eye, heavy bleeding chronic headaches or a lump in the breast...if you have any of those, call your doctor immediately....it is really a strong medicine and it is also used to treat some cancers. Once you start taking it, the effect cannot just be reversed...sooo, I hope this has helped..Some women love it and some it has really caused problems...let me know how you are doing :)
                  rachel

Comment

gross

dayum u women all of this stuff u women r talkin about is personel jus because u women have a user name and the people dont know who u really r does not mean u have to talk about your periods and river women u should talk to a doctor about it
                    not on the net what of men read it and thats so embarrassing
                    i dont mean to sound this way but who wants to read about periods (menstrual cycle)(rags)

Comment

reply to gross

You are right, it is gross...but its natural, and I work in a pharmacy, and so if I can help someone in some way I will, no matter what anyone else thinks...they dont have to read what I write unless they want...she is a woman and so am I and she should talk to a doctor-I didnt give any instructions but to contact her doctor..I know you didnt mean to sound that way, but we are adults and so, lets not be grossed out by something probably all of us have...there are much worse things to talk about..I'm gone.
                      rachel

Comment

Re: gross

Originally posted by JUS ME
                        dayum u women all of this stuff u women r talkin about is personel jus because u women have a user name and the people dont know who u really r does not mean u have to talk about your periods and river women u should talk to a doctor about it
                        i dont mean to sound this way but who wants to read about periods (menstrual cycle)(rags)
                        Like the old saying goes, "if you don't like whats on, either turn the channel or turn it off"

I believe it is better to be informed, rather then ignorant!

Comment

Women are sharing their health issues and thoughts. As if the men would read what is said here. Most likely they would just look at the topic and move on. It wont interest them! Chatlines with health issues and discussions are all over the internet anyway!
                          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

You know I really don't care who reads this. If they want to know my name I'll gladly tell them. If you think it's personal then so be it, don't read it. If I don't think it's personal, then I'll share it. I really don't care. If I met you somewhere and some women started talking about this while you were standing there, sorry but I wouldn't be keeping my mouth shut.

Just as you said in another post, if you don't like it, don't read it, simple as that!
                            He's the type of rez I like
                            ~A. Waquie Nov. 2003~

Comment

Re: Re: gross

Originally posted by Smeshigaud
                              You know I really don't care who reads this. If they want to know my name I'll gladly tell them. If you think it's personal then so be it, don't read it. If I don't think it's personal, then I'll share it. I really don't care. If I met you somewhere and some women started talking about this while you were standing there, sorry but I wouldn't be keeping my mouth shut.

Just as you said in another post, if you don't like it, don't read it, simple as that!
                              :clap: Well said smeshi
                              Yeah and so what if the men do read it, its a natural part of life...

But yeah thats some good info you ladies are posting here. Personally, I've never used birth control except abstinence and condoms:p I don't think i'd mess with the BC that makes you not have your moon..as much as I don't like having it, I still wont take that kinda BC...you know what they say. Our moon is what cleanses our body every month...and yeah..ekosi
                              (¯`·._)Ït §M꣣$ £¡kë ®åíñßÕw§ (¯`·._)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X